Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821001 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #960 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »
+2
The rep system is kinda ridiculous actually... not that I care, but I could ask someone to go in all topics giving pluses to get my reputation high as hell. Or make a clone and do the same.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #961 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
+6
You know guys, as an Admin, I can see who votes up on who's post.
And I see that someone's taken a liking to Ahasverus, voting up anything he posts, going way back... quite a bit.

Just sayin'.  It's not like I'm blind, here.

EDIT- I have measures to prevent n00b accounts from doing that in place now.

Fun fact, the Stats page of the forum tells you who's voting the most.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #962 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
And I see that someone's taken a liking to Ahasverus, voting up anything he posts, going way back... quite a bit.

Hahah I think no one is :P

Pasted from past page:
OnTopic: The 4chan LoS2-MoF thread is dead/deleted. I have problem with standing a long time in that webpage so if anyone could take a watch at it once or twice in search for information it would be very appreciated

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #963 on: May 23, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
+1

EDIT- I have measures to prevent n00b accounts from doing that in place now.

Fun fact, the Stats page of the forum tells you who's voting the most.

I'll admit to getting Ahasverus up to 0 rep last time it fluctuated, if just to spite all the "IGA post +1, Cox post -1" but holy crap, his current rep means someone just +1'd 276 posts.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #964 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
Yeah holy crap 203 respect is a lot!

Btw how do I get to this stat page?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:35:13 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #965 on: May 23, 2012, 10:36:49 PM »
Yeah holy crap 203 respect is a lot!
And completely unfair. Jorge and I had a little chat and we hope everything is in order now, still, I wanna thank my fan(s) Hahahahah.

Here's hoping I get that +203 in a legitmate way, someday  :)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #966 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »
And completely unfair. Jorge and I had a little chat and we hope everything is in order now, still, I wanna thank my fan(s) Hahahahah.

Here's hoping I get that +203 in a legitmate way, someday  :)

Lol. Weren't you at like -90 before the mix up?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #967 on: May 23, 2012, 10:44:19 PM »
+3
Lol. Weren't you at like -90 before the mix up?
You'd be surprised by how many shady hands had been involved in my rep, good and bad  :P

People, this rating system could get helpful, or annoying, depending of you (us). Why not choose the pleasant way?  ;)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #968 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
I'll admit to getting Ahasverus up to 0 rep last time it fluctuated, if just to spite all the "IGA post +1, Cox post -1" but holy crap, his current rep means someone just +1'd 276 posts.
He had a negative rep for a reason.
If the system isn't exploited like I've said before, I think it's a good system to measure respect. I'm an admin on another forum, we have a system like that (but we can't remove our votes).

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #969 on: May 23, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »
+1
You'd be surprised by how many shady hands had been involved in my rep, good and bad  :P

People, this rating system could get helpful, or annoying, depending of you (us). Why not choose the pleasant way?  ;)

Ha! It's like you got a second chance in life.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #970 on: May 23, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »
+2
He had a negative rep for a reason.
If the system isn't exploited like I've said before, I think it's a good system to measure respect. I'm an admin on another forum, we have a system like that (but we can't remove our votes).

The problem is they don't measure respect. They measure agreement.

Too many people on the board will -1 just because they don't agree with what someone said.

But back on topic:

Since there are no new rumors at the moment, let's talk about what we would want out of this game.

Personally, I'm hoping for a IGA/MercurySteam collab that features a dual character system in the vein of Castlevania 3, starring a Belmont and Alucard. The game would be a 2.5D sidescroller, and would combine a solid (not necessarily robust) combat system with Classicvania level design and Metroidvania exploration.

IMO, the art should be similar to Lords, and the music should be done by Araujo but with notes out of Yamane's book.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:57:16 PM by e105beta »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #971 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »

Whhat is the pleasant way?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #972 on: May 23, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
+1
Whhat is the pleasant way?
With it not being a pop contest or "I don't like you so -1 for you!" But something like "Hey, this man added positively to de discussion (Even if I don't agree with him) +1 or "Man this is such a annoying trol/offensive post", so -1. That's my idea though.

Personally, I'm hoping for a IGA/MercurySteam collab that features a dual character system in the vein of Castlevania 3, starring a Belmont and Alucard. The game would be a 2.5D sidescroller, and would combine a solid (not necessarily robust) combat system with Classicvania level design and Metroidvania exploration.

IMO, the art should be similar to Lords, and the music should be done by Araujo but with notes out of Yamane's book.
That's my whole wish-list too.

Add stages based on CVIII and we have a deal (Expecially the falling rocks stage, it just can't be missed)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #973 on: May 23, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
I hope a proper Death is introduced. I didn't like how LoS insinuated that Zobek is his equivalence.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #974 on: May 23, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
+1
I hope the game is difficult as fuck.

Tags: .....? 

anything