Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: More Board Game madness  (Read 4873 times)

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 01, 2018, 08:53:36 AM »
So , in looking for more things to have available for cold , rainy days in the Pacific Northwest, I've been looking into Lovecraftian/Cthulu inspired board games. Mainly because they supposedly have a great blend of insane co-op difficulty in taking down hordes of monsters, a horror theme, and usually mechanics that eventually curse your character, drive them mad, cause them to die, mutuate, etc. And even a little bit of RPG-ing / level building depending on the game.

I just ended my internal debate and got Shadows of Brimstone instead of Deep Madness--Shadows of Brimstone has some good level-building and random dungeon generation going, as well as old-school dice chucking , so that seemed to be more appealing to me. Plus, I love Westerns as well, so I thought the combination of Cowboys and Indians versus mega hordes of demons would be a funny take.

But ya know (and I know this is probably next to impossible) I couldn't help thinking how cool it would be to have a Castlevania themed iteration within this particular genre. I mean , it has all the elements already within the franchise to make such a board game adaptation work. Moreover, given the fact that we are pretty much in a global state of board game mecca paradise right now, this would be the perfect time in history to launch such an endeavor.

Slap me silly for hoping someone could somehow obtain a license to do something like this. But I mean, hey, Capcom gave rights to a cool-looking Street Fighter board game not too long ago...I almost went for it, the minis look pretty cool and all, but I mean for me personally Street Fighter will never have the depth of lore of Castlevania, so I decided to pass. But it only goes to show that other companies are doing it--why can't Konami ever do anything cool other than rehash 20 year ports on the whatever system is the newest?
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »
The current Konami is the dumbest shit ever
I wouldn't be any more surprised if they took down every single Doujin product in the history

What's the point of hunting down fan made non profit products that were built with signs of love
 -but not releasing anything new from official? As a tiny little "the wish of fans be heard?"

Hunting down the motivation of fans is the most foolish decision they did
fuck Konami
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:32:36 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:26:21 AM »
The current Konami is the dumbest shit ever
I wouldn't be any more surprised if they took down every single Doujin product in the history

What's the point of hunting down fan made non profit products that were built with signs of love
 -but not releasing anything new from official? As a tiny little "the wish of fans be heard?"

Hunting down the motivation of fans is the most foolish decision they did
fuck Konami

Yeah, I hear ya. 

On the positive side with regards to Shadows of Brimstone, since getting the game, I've discovered that apparently the game makers have given open-license permission for community content to post online in their database, and the game is highly modifiable , so maybe some day someone will create an unofficial Castlevania campaign and upload it.

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
+1
Actually

A Castlevania board game might not be so impossible...

There is now going to be an officially licensed Metal Gear Solid board game!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/11/18136765/metal-gear-solid-board-game-idw-2019

Tags:

anything