Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pumpkins CYR contest finalist  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 17, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
Hi guys!

So I've been a big fan of the rock band The Smashing Pumpkins since I was a kid. This is an influence that sometimes I let shine through my current video game music work, but I recently got a chance to express my love for the band in a more direct way when they held a cover contest for their recent album CYR.

Working with my friend Timothe Catlin, I entered the contest and have been selected as a finalist with my cover of the song Anno Satana. If I'm not mistaken the finalists were chosen by the band :-)! Timothe is a cool dude and if you've ever played LC2 you've heard his voice, his was Count Servigny, Upended Demon, and the Ice Zombie.

They had a very short notice on this contest and we had to do it quickly. This music video was shot and edited in about a 5 hour span haha

check it out and if you like what we did please give us a vote!

http://cyrcontest.com/

PS: I noticed there is a typo on the listing of my song and on the voting page it says "Anno Santana", not sure if they will fix that lol. It's not a song about the legendary guitarist who had a massive hit with matchbox 20 singer, Rob Thomas.

Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to sharing music from my next OST, Chronicles of the Wolf here in the future!

The worst monsters are human.

Tags: