Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: All Gamespy Multiplayer Servers shutting down on the 31st of May  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)

"Effective May 31, 2014, GameSpy will cease providing all hosted services for all games still using GameSpy.
If you have any questions about how this impacts your favorite title please contact the game’s publisher for more information.

Thanks for a great ride!"

http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/

Games from some 800 developers still use Gamespy. And while a few companies like Rockstar and Capcom have been working on the problem I have a feeling most of these affected games are going to be left out in the cold. As someone who only really likes co-op multiplayer I never used Gamespy much, still it's sad to see them go.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:32:44 AM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: All Gamespy Multiplayer Servers shutting down on the 31st of May
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »
This is the reason for the Wii and DS servers shutting down as they were helmed by GameSpy.

Though honestly, Mario Kart Wii and Excitebots: Trick Racing are so much fun to play online, I wish Nintendo would set up their own in-house servers just for these two games, but it's not gonna happen. Both still have a good amount of people playing and I've been getting in as much playtime as I can before May 30th (Nintendo's cut-off date).

Maybe there'll be a Wii U sequel to the Wii Excite racers.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything