Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)  (Read 82714 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Update 8/13/15)
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
Whip Glyph confirmed!

YES!!!  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
Goddammit, dude. Every time you post something, my eyes tear up with joy :')
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
The Whole thing is very impressive!
But hey, what will be the differences Between this fangame and the OoE game? New Stages? enemies? mechanics? history? customized sprites?

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2015, 09:58:09 PM »
The Whole thing is very impressive!
But hey, what will be the differences Between this fangame and the OoE game? New Stages? enemies? mechanics? history? customized sprites?

Thanks for the comments everyone! For a little more info regarding this game, it will be an entirely new adventure taking place after the events of Castleania: Order of Ecclesia. The setting of the game will be different than OoE, and thus we'll have completely new maps and stages to explore. Being limited with resources, we will be seeing  lot of enemies from the previous games returning but I hope to be adding customized enemies and other assets as well (Shanoa's sprite has been modified and has more colors and detail than the original). The game will play similarly to other Castlevanias but I'll be changing several gameplay and combat-based mechanics as development continues (think PoR style "combo" abilities like Jonathan's flying knee kick and different colored cloaks ala SotN).

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:01 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! For a little more info regarding this game, it will be an entirely new adventure taking place after the events of Castleania: Order of Ecclesia. The setting of the game will be different than OoE, and thus we'll have completely new maps and stages to explore. Being limited with resources, we will be seeing  lot of enemies from the previous games returning but I hope to be adding customized enemies and other assets as well (Shanoa's sprite has been modified and has more colors and detail than the original). The game will play similarly to other Castlevanias but I'll be changing several gameplay and combat-based mechanics as development continues (think PoR style "combo" abilities like Jonathan's flying knee kick and different colored cloaks ala SotN).

Sounds awesome. Will normal attacks drain mp also? I really liked this feature as it made the player be smart with their combos.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »

Thats really awesome!!
About Dracula, try to find a Customised sprite of him!! Here in the forums have many talented artists, maybe someone can give you a formidable spritesheet!!

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
Status Update!

Here's a short list of some changes made since the last update:
*Damage system overhaul. Weapons now do specific types of damage. Enemies have resistances and weaknesses.
*Quality of life: Added new functionality to the Custom Controls screen.
*Rewrote large portion of weapons system. Makes it easier to add new Glyph Weapons.
*Animations for player death (sprite mods by Kuro kurome) completed and imported into the engine.
*Resolved glitch and tweaked camera system.
*Added "Disclaimer" splash screen.

Screenshots:

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Update 10/9/15)
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »
Good job with those updates dude!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »
I'm in love with this. What an outstanding job, ProjectDread!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
Congrats to the nice engine you have. I think you've done a nice job with it.

I did however notice a gif on your thread. A village level, similar concept to what we have planned for POC

project level. I posted up a vid of it here some time back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VAq4ZO1tiI&index=7&list=PLGE69xIga8bNgsAj4z-d0Njy8QSz4PJEq

It shows the level idea we are using and some effects aswell under Purge of Chaos playlist.
Where as i can i dont think i'd use some of the things you had..i did have plans for certain similar and non similar

backgrounds. An example would be houses background,houses/village areas, rock walls  but defintly not  graveyards,

more than likely not wygol houses but flooring. Obviously i think our enemies would be differnt and layout materials overall.

I dont exactly want to go back and change concepts now or toss our level as i dont think it's fair to us to have to do so. Though our level isnt complete and though our concepts are probably different. I'd prefer to at least make this knowledgable to the forum.  I dont want to hear anything from anyone on terms of us being unoriginal in our persuit of what we'll do.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »

I did however notice a gif on your thread. A village level, similar concept to what we have planned for POC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VAq4ZO1tiI&index=7&list=PLGE69xIga8bNgsAj4z-d0Njy8QSz4PJEq

It shows the level idea we are using and some effects aswell under Purge of Chaos playlist.
Where as i can i dont think i'd use some of the things you had..i did have plans for certain similar and non similar

backgrounds. An example would be houses background,houses/village areas, rock walls  but defintly not  graveyards,

more than likely not wygol houses but flooring. Obviously i think our enemies would be differnt and layout materials overall.

I dont exactly want to go back and change concepts now or toss our level as i dont think it's fair to us to have to do so. Though our level isnt complete and though our concepts are probably different. I'd prefer to at least make this knowledgable to the forum.  I dont want to hear anything from anyone on terms of us being unoriginal in our persuit of what we'll do.

Dude, to Dredd's credit he has been using this scene since last year and his project is waaay further than your project. It doesn't seem fair to me for him to change something when your project is still in it's infancy nor is it a ripoff  in the slightest at all... but that's just me.

Is that what we are doing in the forum now? Didn't you guys have tons of the same backgrounds and such for your CV3 project as BMC_Warmachine? I don't recall anyone calling foul then...

You said it yourself, you might have some same effects but you are going to use them a different way, I personally wouldn't sweat it. I don't think anything was intentional here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:20:54 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »

Hey Las, I appreciate the comment!
I don't particularly agree with your concerns regarding the stage design. Unless your project is built entirely of custom sprites, the majority of fangames are made using recycled assets so graphic overlap is inevitable. I don't believe anybody really sees an issue with it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:06:15 AM by ProjectDread »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »
@Projectdread.   I apolgoize i should have been more elaborate on your work youve done a very nice job on your game thus far controls are extermely smmooth very nice! Plus nice blade on the subrscreen btw. Apologies if it seemed blameful..that's not my intent though i understand how peopel may misinterpret. I stated that our ideas i didnt want to ditch..their are a number of reason..but i dont want to make spoiler alerts. Just stuff that is secret and rather unique the level core concept. Stuff that just can't be done in other areas. You'd know what i mean if i showed..but again spoiler alert(nooooo...)

@Darkman. Perhaps he did or didnt i dont know..who's to say. I am merely showing what we had..and don't want to ditch what we've done if dont need to. I never mentioned for him to change anything. He should do as he chooses. My point is i dont want to get called out on using an similar concept. I think i mentioned it so if i build a level that has similarites people wont' go oh it's just a rip off. And yeah our game may not be fully develped as i can't code well enough yet...but honestly..Poc has ideas have been around since '12. So i am sure i have quite a few original concepts.

What' this about bmc? taking backgrounds? Not to my recollection,Dude i think our project and his our very original in alot of ways. I've never once commented negatively on his project. And i'm pretty sure he's never said anything on ours or at least that i'm aware of. but i see no real rip offs in either game. Both seem very original in their own taste. And To be honest. I'm not even sure where that came from. This thread has nothing to do with that project. I'm merely laying out conveyed  concept for PoC ideas..that's about it.  If you wanna go into great detail about the only thing from bmc's game we had ideas for but he beat us to the punch are 1.reflective waterwalls(which clearly gm8 can't fuly handle) and 2. 2 Dos Giant armors. I was actually shocked when i seen them in his keep.Shockingly uncanny. Because we'd made rooms 3 and 4 for both Dos Armors(not red) in ironically the keep in designated areas..   As for us..i can't say i see too much similariteis in levels or designs.... Not gonna buying it guy..

I notice you have a tendancy to downplay our project's for your buddy's, and that tunes getting old fast. People will freely decide what they like.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 01:53:28 AM »
No worries, Las. Perhaps I could have done a better job wording my post. I meant to say that I don't believe anybody on here will think negatively on any of the stage ideas put forth so far, for either of our projects.

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
Dude, to Dredd's credit he has been using this scene since last year and his project is waaay further than your project. It doesn't seem fair to me for him to change something when your project is still in it's infancy nor is it a ripoff  in the slightest at all... but that's just me.

Is that what we are doing in the forum now? Didn't you guys have tons of the same backgrounds and such for your CV3 project as BMC_Warmachine? I don't recall anyone calling foul then...

You said it yourself, you might have some same effects but you are going to use them a different way, I personally wouldn't sweat it. I don't think anything was intentional here.

This wasn't Really necessary to say, Dude. Putting fire in a Very old discussion will Helps nothing here.

Anyway, Great Improvementes in your engine, Dread!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:39:22 AM by eryson »