Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Got it after all this time and my thoughts on it  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Got it after all this time and my thoughts on it
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »
     Well today I got a genesis for around 29.99 and well I asked the game store I went to (in this case game dude hope anyone from california knows about this place) and well they said they did not have not once but twice I called on my cell then asked in person when I got there I waited a couple mintues and bam I got freaking bloodlines (after all these years yay)  ;D Not only that but I got someother games like phantasy star II, revenge of the shinobi, and valis III over all some good games a cheap console all about the price of a current gen game not to bad.

Now bloodlines is an awesome (genesis) game out of all the games I got for the genesis it wins in the sound, controls, and graphics department . The stages are just a treat to look at (even if it is slightly gross yay for dead bodies that are in half in chains  :rollseyes: ) , Boss battles are really good I believe I fought an odd flying rock creature that spun around making me a little dizzy which a game has never done before. It's just too bad I got my butt handed to me by frankenstein so this is all what I can say. Overall I like it cannot wait to get to this games version of dracula. Also if any one has an idea or suggestion are there anymore genesis game that would be worth buying like an rpg or action game?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Got it after all this time and my thoughts on it
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:12 AM »
Bloodlines is indeed awesome. Congrats on getting it, and a proper Genesis to play it on.

If you want a good RPG game, you can't go wrong with the Shining Force series. Both 1 and 2 are worth hunting for.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
Shinobi 3 is perhaps the best ninja game ever made! Seriously, get it.

Just make usre you read a FAQ on it first, so you'll understand the controls better.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
Get your hands on Contra: The Hard Corps. the action is fast-paced and the difficulty will leave you with a long struggle. You can choose four different characters to play and each one has their own types of weapon system or gimmick. The game also has multiple endings including a fifth secret ending in stage 3. Though not on par with SNES sounds and Graphics, this game is solid and Konami crammed a lot into it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
I like Shining Force I better than Shining Force II. The sequel was just too cartoony for me. But I love the series. I only have Shining In The Darkness for emulator and SFI for emulator, but I have a real copy of SFII. I have the entire series for the Saturn (Shining Wisdom, Shining The Holy Ark, Shining Force III Scenario 1, Shining Force III Scenario 2, and Shining Force III Scenario 3). I have both Shining Souls for emulator. I stopped caring about the series after Shining Force III, though. It lost its charm when Sega abandoned Camelot.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 11:18:27 AM »
Everyone already mentioned all the RPGs that came to my mind for the Genesis, but I do have some recommendations outside of RPGs. A nice game that comes to mind is a fantasy platformer called Alisia Dragoon. You can read up on it here (since it's not really that well known): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisia_Dragoon

Also, the Sonic the Hedgehog games are a must for the Genesis.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
Glad you're enjoying Bloodlines, it was my First Castlevania game and It made me interested in the series.

Make sure you check out Shinobi 3 and the Phantasy Star games too.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »
Oh yeah, Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy are must gets as well.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone all those games are good recommendations I know about contra(simon boss with fish) the shining force series is one I have heard of but never payed  any attention too also the fact that it was made by camelot the creators of golden sun does spark an interest in me,shinobi of course my only gripe is somehow he moves slower than a belmont now I do not know how this is possible but it is. Also I was thinking romance of the three kingdoms or nobunaga's ambition if anyone has played those how do they play? As for sonic I could never get into most of them except for the first which I have for the wii virtual console but maybe just for collection. Just out of question what kind of shooters does the genesis has does it have gradius r-type or something else  ( no cosmic carnage since it is for the 32x  ;D). Phantasy starII I do have,three is common where I got it I just cannot play number one I hear there is some kind of add on to play master system games I cannot remember if this is true. Also the rest of the valis series I want to get except for the "X" versions yeah I do not like to really talk about those much  :-X. For every system there is that shooter and yes gunstar heros is one of them. I would just like to say thanks for recommending and even jogging my memory on some also if anyhas played musha I think could you tell me how that is again thanks all of ya  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:30 AM »
ECCO!
And ECCO 2: Tides Of Time

Great soundtrack. Fun being a dolphin, but harder than Hell.

Both Jurassic Park games. Just cuz you can eat people, although I remember it being a lot easier the first time I played it. I suck at it now.

Vector Man, graphics will blow you away (for the time).

Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2, one of the wackiest games out there.

If you get a 32X for god knows whatever reason, get Shadow Squadron and Comix Zone. Shadow Squadron was the only game I had for 32X and I liked it.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: blood