Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Questions about Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles fangame  (Read 7579 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Questions about Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles fangame
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »
I have beaten the game last night, the castle stages and final castle is damn hard as hell (even in normal mode...!) and the final boss phase 1 track is so awesome... What is the kickass track came from?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:55:39 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A question about Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles fangame
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:26:37 AM »
Welcome to the dungeon Aceearly1993...did I spell it right..? lol.

I really liked this game and the music was well interpreted. It truly fit the atmosphere of the game and what stages the music was selected for. You could tell a lot of love and respect went into making it, and I take my hat off to those that created it. Konami should learn from this. unfortunately I've not been able to finish it myself though. The frustrations of the area prior to the final stages just got to me. I've since left it alone and have not played it after that, and this was well over a year ago.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:48:47 AM »
The track seems to be a MIDI remix of "Sons of Satan" from Belmont's Revenge. If I understand your request correctly. ;)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 05:02:15 AM »
OK, thanks everybody and at first I have no idea what the track is, because I haven't played Belmont's Revenge...

The game is awesome to have its original voice acting samples for the main hero and boss monsters, cool graphic details and effects, the main hero has good mobility and relics for special arts, his movement and whip functions are simple and easy to use for newcomers, but the game has hardcore difficulty when you are in the castle stages, and in some wide room areas (like final castle section 1 room 2, the stage of the last battle with Grim Reaper) the camera will stuck in one place or struggle in between two areas sometimes or just VERY slow and can't follow player's movement, at first I think that it could be a design flaw but Bone Granfalloon and Puppet Master boss fights don't suffer similar problems and now I'm wondering what the reason is.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:30:53 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:35:44 AM »
I need to start it back up again. Imo it's what a classicvania should be. Though not sure why the main guy wasn't called Belmont

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »
Though not sure why the main guy wasn't called Belmont

The Lecardes' are offshoots of the main Belmont family line. Even if he isn't a Belmont in name he is one by blood.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
I always thought of them as more spear users

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
I always thought of them as more spear users

In all fairness, only one of the three Lecardes in the series used a spear. The other two were magic users.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
Who are the magic users?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
Stella and Loretta.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »
Oh duh haha. I totally forgot about them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:19:10 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »
I'm trying the Hard Mode and it sucks. The difficulty is actually IMMORTAL or ACCURSED instead of just simple Hard and I remembered the damned CV Adventure rebirth hard mode almost immediately. (It's actually worse than the rebirth hard mode and all things relies on RNG)

P.S: I beat the hard mode............at last! It costs me everything....... Arrrrrrraaaaaaaghhhhhh! The final stages are.........the damned mix of RNG and pixel-perfect move and patient.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:33:41 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:45 PM »
Yeah there was a bit of light conflict about the difficulty when the game was undergoing another version update. And you probably don't want to here this, but the endings are tied up with the difficulty settings. In other words you can only get the best ending by finishing the game on the hardest setting. This decision did not sit well with some members of the dungeon (me being one of them  ;D). That's why I still have the previous version saved on my machine as I don't believe I should be forced to do something that I know is beyond my capabilities. If and when I ever finish the version I have I can see the ending without having to chore through the difficulty. This was also why CV Bloodlines did not sit well with me as they did the exact same thing.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »
I pass the game on hard, yes its hard XD but not impossible, and when you finish in hard its gives to you a little more of the ending, thats something the old version dont have i will leave  a video i make with the ending in hard, dont watch if you dont want to spoild but if someone want can watch the ending.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »
Yes, the song is "Sons of Satan" from Belmont's Revenge.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything