Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Powerball jackpot hits $320 million, 4th largest ever  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Powerball jackpot hits $320 million, 4th largest ever
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48662561?ocid=ansmsnbc11#.UCsc1aBX424

The winner will get $213 million if they choose the lump sum.

HOLY SHIT.  :o :o :o

EVERYONE 18 AND OLDER, BUY A LOTTERY TICKET TOMORROW!

If you win, you don't have to work for the rest of your life.  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Powerball jackpot hits $320 million, 4th largest ever
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
I've got zero interest in the lottery. I'd rather not become a member of the colorful 1% who're dragging us (the 99%) all down the shitter. Besides all that money should be put to much better use like feeding those who're starving and destitute in other nations.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
+1
320 million isn't even remotely close to reaching the hated 1% club. Why are most people completely ignorant when it comes to this whole 1% topic??

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Just got back from buying my powerball ticket, hope I win!  :o

EDIT: Nope. D:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:59:04 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »
I've got zero interest in the lottery. I'd rather not become a member of the colorful 1% who're dragging us (the 99%) all down the shitter. Besides all that money should be put to much better use like feeding those who're starving and destitute in other nations.

Yea.... cept if powerball is like megamillions, part of the money goes to schooling. Atleast that's the claim.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:03 AM »
In my country, gambling is illegal except through a gambling government-monopoly who gives most of their profits to support healthcare and education. Makes sense to me. Don't see why private people should make money from other people's stupidity.

Hell, $213 million. That's a shitload of money. Wouldn't know what to do with even 5 mil. Probably buy good real estate, but the the rest of the money... IDK...
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: