Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Americanos, are you voting this year?  (Read 23964 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Re: Americanos, are you voting this year?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »
Huh, funny thing; he also told his supporters that if he ever told them how to vote, that they shouldn't listen to him.

Nice try on playing the fear card, but this isn't 2008 or 2012.  Don't EVER tell another person how to vote.  It's their voice, not yours.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:22:04 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
I couldn't care less how you vote.

Penning in Sanders is a throw away vote. Go ahead and waste your time.

I hate to be the one to pull you down to earth but Sanders is supporting Clinton.

And by the way, I can say whatever I want to say.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:30:33 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
No, I'm voting for Jill Stein.  Yes, you can say whatever you want; but if you said to to my face, I'd just tell you to get out of my face.

PS: Also, I'm very level-headed.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »
I have no desire to be in your face.

I'm old enough to remember voting in 2000. I had a lot of friends who regretted voting for Nader instead of Gore after what happened.

That's all I'm trying to highlight.

Sorry. Not trying to offend.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »
+1
Don't get personal, people. This is a debate. :rollseyes:
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:48 PM »
+1
Don't try to hide racism behind supporting his bullshit policies. He has no experience and no realistic policies. He's a phony and everyone knows it.

what makes him a phony, exactly? and what defines "realistic"? what Hillary Clinton and the president say so? Clearly 'establishment" types aren't working, so for better or for worse, there needs to be change.

1. Sanders supports Clinton, not Trump.
And? I think you misread, I was never a Sanders supporter. I respected him as a candidate, but I never supported him, outside of agreeing with him on some issues.

2. You really think being crass, rude and unqualified are his biggest sins? How about clear cut bigotry, racism, promoting anarchy, and sexually assaulting and degrading women? Not to mention avoiding paying taxes. He's an oopritunist and a hypocrite.
All I see there are buzzwords. Care to prove any of them?

Also i dont think you know what Anarchy means if you seriously think he is in any way anarchist.

Opportunist? well sure he is. So is Hillary. Being a politician pretty much implicates being opportunist in some way, so i'd say thats a qualification. And dont preach about taxes, because im pretty sure Hillary does it too. The only difference is she has the smokescreen of the Cinton foundation.

3. You think Trump is well meaning? He's well meaning towards himself and others who live in the 1% top of the economy and that's about it.
As opposed to Hillary who... isn't?

And even those who would benefit from his bullshit ideas for tax policies don't support him. Look at Buffet and Cuban.
And I dont give a hoot what they think. I'm not gonna support Clinton just on their say so. I don't know them, and sure, Warren buffet got rich somehow, but at the same time, Trump must be doing something right if he, coming from a family of generic low-income-housing real estate developers from queens, broke into the manhattan elite and became a luxury real estate developer.

Trump wants to kick Meixcans and Muslims out of our country.
Wrong: he wants to deport those here illegally, and stop accepting Refugees from parts of the world that are actively trying to kill us, when most defense experts say we have absolutely no way of properly screening them.

These are human beings who work hard and want a good life for their families.
That doesn't excuse breaking the law and making life harder for those who do things the right way

He also wants to stop taking in refugees when we should be taking in more.
Wow. Taking in more? Seriously? Are you just ignorant to world news or have you not seen how bad Europe is right now? Did you not hear about the New Year's Eve rapes in Cologne? all the crime and culture clash going on in France? Do you really want to see that happen here? Not to mention, we can barely take care of our own people properly and yet we are supposed to care for refugees?

Not to mention, like I already said, there is absolutely NO way to properly screen them. These aren't people with visas or passports, going through customs, these are people with literally no documents and no papers whatsoever, being shipped in by the boatload. We don't know who they are and if they are refugees at all. I seem to be the only one who remembers, back when the refugee crisis was only just starting, back before it was a crisis- that Isis, in one of their video addresses, pledged to hide operatives amongst the crowds of refugees into western countries.

And yet, much like Osama Bin Laden promising in a late 90's interview, to attack America "very soon", everyone seems to have forgotten about it.

These are adults and children who are suffering.
Really? Because all I ever seem to see are adult fighting age males. Why aren't they fighting for their countries?

Not to mention, where are their neighbors? Saudi Arabia is rich, and have more than enough room to take refugees. Why don't they? There's other nearby countries as well who could be doing their part, and yet the west is the only one.

there's only one reason people want to vote for him and we all know what that is.
Because he represents

1. the working class that Hillary and her party have abandoned, and

2.He's calling for the most common sense positions on foreign policy and domestic policy ive ever seen. I don't want world war 3 with Russia, and i certainly don't want yet another failed "liberation" in Syria.

That's why I call your rant "gross".
hey man, you believe what you want, but yknow, people are going to have different opinions than you in life. I don't mean to "offend" you with my views. there's no need for us to get this angry about it.

But I have family that lives in France. So I have a front row seat to the stuff going on there in the streets.

I voted Obama the past 2 elections and I was nothing but disappointed by both sides of the coin. Both Neo-Conservatives and Neo-Liberals have ruined the country for the past 2 decades, and I'm tired of their policies.

But it doesn't matter anyways. He has no chance in hell of winning because most people with common sense would rather not live in the 1940's.
most people prefer not to talk about their political preferences because if they happen to have conservative views, mainstream culture has taught us that it is ok to ridicule them and ruin their lives for it.

My opinion is that the country has been going too far left in the past decade, and for better or for worse, the pendulum needs to swing the other way to restore balance, because the left that i used to feel aligned with has gone absolutely insane.

Populism is very, very bad. It's the political strategy of telling people what they want to hear, even when what they want to hear is unrealistic.
Well I mean, when you say it like THAT...

I think I may have chosen the wrong word: Populism probably isnt quite what I had in mind. But in general, while just telling people what they want to hear is bad, at least talking about those certain subjects and at least proposing ideas DO lead people to the conclusion that they are being listened to, in a political environment where congress has the lowest approval rating in history and people in general have almost no faith in the political system or the people running it.

Don't get personal, people. This is a debate. :rollseyes:
I think you've opened a can of worms here with this subject, Freddy.

I saw a study today that said that most Americans feel 'stressed" about this election. it was split pretty evenly across both sides of the spectrum, and that social media tended to make their stress worse.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:57:52 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
I have no desire to be in your face.

I'm old enough to remember voting in 2000. I had a lot of friends who regretted voting for Nader instead of Gore after what happened.

That's all I'm trying to highlight.

Sorry. Not trying to offend.

More democrats in florida voted for bush than for nader.  Gore shouldn't have run such a shitty campaign and chosen Joe Lieberman as his running mate, either.

And flame, no, just, no.................

You sound delusional as hell.

Take a deep breath, and step back away from the abyss.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »
because the left that i used to feel aligned with has gone absolutely insane.

Ditto. Exactly the same way I feel.

And flame, no, just, no.................

You sound delusional as hell.

Take a deep breath, and step back away from the abyss.

I'd have to disagree. I think he put out his case pretty well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:03:49 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »
But in general, while just telling people what they want to hear is bad, at least talking about those certain subjects and at least proposing ideas DO lead people to the conclusion that they are being listened to, in a political environment where congress has the lowest approval rating in history and people in general have almost no faith in the political system or the people running it.

I can see where you're going with that. Indeed it is good when a politician rises that makes people feel that someone is listening to them. A lot of people on the right feel left out and threatened. I have a friend from the USA who told me how he was unable to continue running his small business, that helped many people, because regulations were introduced that his small company couldn't afford, so he had no choice but to sell it to a larger one. He also said that violent crime rose under Obama because the police was basically dictated to loosen the leash, as the number of immates (especially black young men) is way too high.
Students are feeling that idiocy like safe spaces and trigger warnings are biting hard into freedom of speech.
Being anti-system is a good way to become popular. The problem starts when the person gets elected, and doesn't follow his promises, which dissapoints his voters. Or worse: launches reforms which effectively turns the country effectively into a one-party state.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:09:35 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »
+1
Ditto. Exactly the same way I feel.

I'd have to disagree. I think he put out his case pretty well.

For an unhinged sociopath, it sounds great.  For normal people?  Not so much.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 01:12:34 PM »
How so?
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
Suggesting a large swath of peoples (arabs) of a ethnic group (semitic) are dangerous to us, when it is a very small portion of the entire population of the middle east are terrorists.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Flame I don't ridicule people for being Republican. I ridicule people for saying racist bullshit comments and then trying to ignore the fact they've said them. It just turns out that most the people who say stuff like that happen to be Republicans. Sort of like you did on this forum. That's just part of my problem with Trump.

It's pretty sad that you think that it's a funny thing to purposely try to offend Muslim people.  And it's no surprise to me that someone with a sense of humor like that would be a Trump supporter.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:39:07 PM by Belmontoya »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
Suggesting a large swath of peoples (arabs) of a ethnic group (semitic) are dangerous to us, when it is a very small portion of the entire population of the middle east are terrorists.

What I got from it was that there would be the potential for Isis to smuggle terrorists among refugees (based on their statements), and not that the middle-eastern refugees are terrorists by default.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »

Students are feeling that idiocy like safe spaces and trigger warnings are biting hard into freedom of speech.

That's one thing that drives me nuts about what some of the college campuses have been doing recently. Nobody likes being offended, but some of the "outrage culture" out there has been ridiculous.

It seems like part of our generation perceives criticism as harassment, and they don't want to listen to opposing views. But how do you refine your own point of view if you're not exposing yourself to alternate ones? Doesn't necessarily mean that anyone has to change what they think, but looking at something from all sides is how we grow, and - dare I say it - empathize with a viewpoint that may not be our own.

To me, trigger warnings and the like are protecting people from having their ideas challenged. That just seems like a potentially dangerous thing to me.

...eh, sorry about the rant. I've been following a lot of the latest goings-on in political correctness, and the way it's unfolded just kind of bothers me.

Tags: