Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »
Watched this movie over the weekend. Beautifully shot. Probably my favorite vampire movie to come out in the last decade. So good.

It's on Netflix now.

Don't miss your chance to check it out!

https://youtu.be/_YGmTdo3vuY

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:12:08 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:52:20 AM »
LMAO!!

Watched this movie about a year ago.

Truly, that is the most hipster movie I've ever seen. This movie is the epitome of hipster culture.
I can imagine how it was produced: a bunch of hipster cinematography graduates gathered round and said: "Hmmm, we need to make a movie. But we need it to be exquisite. We need it to be different. We need it to be noir!"
"Vampire love story?"
"Yes! We need something more though. Not unusual enough!"
"Shoot it in black and white?"
"Yes! Great! But that's not enough! We need authenticity! Something nobody did before!"
"Set it in Iran and make the entire movie in Farsi?"
"Yes yes yes! Now we're going places!"

I liked the movie, but good lord. I can bet money that this is the conversation they had while deciding to make it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »
The movie is critically acclaimed and for a good reason. I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to ignore that post.

And hipster is a word that needs to die by the way.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »
Hey, I just say things the way I see them. Did I mention the "Iran" the movie is supposed to be set in looks nothing like contemporary Iran (because it was actually filmed in California)?
Yeah, I thought it was nice. Definitely a good Friday night watch. Didn't blow my mind, though.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything