Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274148 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »
Absolutely dude, that's just a starting base, nothing more.  As for Grant, i need to improve his walking movement as it does look stiff in action but as far as his attack it flows nicely.  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
Hey guys, i took a little break from the coding a bit to try and brush up on some spriting, before checking these, know that i am NO pro lol.  Let me know what you guys think of how they are turning out so far  8)

Sypha

Sypha by BMC_Warmachine, on Flickr

Grant

Grant by BMC_Warmachine, on Flickr

They are both still WIP, specifically Grant, i have to add his pain and death animations and Sypha's Sheet is done, i just have the old pic on this laptop so when i get them done i'll post a new vid with some level layout with enemies and all characters.  Also, instead of having all 4 characters at once, i am going to have the player choose at the start of each stage which partner to take with them, then possibly add some sort of checkpoint either the first and last quarters of each stage or the middle of the stage to allow you to "summon" the other character you want and trade them out.

I agree with Vlad, Grant at first glance looks a little stiff, but I could be wrong. Maybe if you post a animation of the walking we can get a better judgment of it. I do like the attack animation though and the overall look of him. And to be honest, I am not digging Shanoa Sylpha unless you either add a lot more to her so that she doesn't look like a Shanoa edit or add the original hooded look from Dracula's Curse. I am more a fan of her original look from CV3.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »
Please find a sprite artist.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »
Didn't somebody already do a full-on sprite sheet of SotN Sypha for their CV 3 project? I'm pretty sure I saw a vid of it. And it had complete walking, jumping and stair-climbing animations too. I will agree that the Shanoa to Sypha sprite is in need of the most work in order to get her to look more like Sypha, And I think it's important for Sypha to wear her hooded cloak as she kinda was in disguise. Grant on the other hand is looking good whoever I feel he's standing a bit too erect. I would mirror his stance and movements from the original CV 3 sprite. It just suits him better.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:48 AM »
That would be me, and it wasn't complete.
It was for the other "Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse"

This project is not the same as mine, though they share an almost identical name.
I also have a nearly-full Grant spritesheet but I'm still hoping I can find a programmer, as "Agoaj" also has diappeared.

It is the only reason I have not shared my sprites with BMC, otherwise I would've handed 'em over with no issues.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
Uzo - I'd love to have a sprite artist, why, do you know of one that will help me? I've asked several times if anyone would be interested or knew of anyone interested and never got a response back.  I've tried both on this thread and the sprite request as well with no luck  :'( that's why i was giving it a shot.  As i said i will be updating as much as possible, as these are my first real attempts at any sprite work and as it is noted its not that great lol.  I do better with the background layout and coding more so if you know of anyone that would be willing to help please send them my way  8)

Thanks X, yeah like i was mentioning earlier that was just a rough draft of Sypha, i plan on doing more with it once i get everything ironed out.  As for Grant i agree, he is a bit stiff and a little too upright, like Sypha its in its infancy.  I actually used the legs from the Nosferatu main character and just matched the colors of the pants from Grants getup in SOTN  8)

Jorge - I understand completely dude.  Guys, Jorge and I have discussed this a few times before and each time he has stuck to his guns and is holding on to his work for when his game gets back up and running and each time he has assured me if it wasn't for that reason he would hook me up no problem.  I appreciate it man, hopefully i can get some help with mine as well  8)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »
My advice would be to first get a completed set of 2-3 levels, with just Trevor. By completed I mean, all enemies, powerups, and boss present. Then post your gameplay video of playing those completed levels at a pixel art community with the request for help regarding the pixel art. If your footage looks like it plays solid, you'll find the help you need.

Just lurking around the Castlevania community will not get you anywhere.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
Couldn't hurt man, just figured this being the CV Shrine it would be the best place to start lol.  May actually help with some recruiting on here as well  8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
My advice would be to first get a completed set of 2-3 levels, with just Trevor. By completed I mean, all enemies, powerups, and boss present. Then post your gameplay video of playing those completed levels at a pixel art community with the request for help regarding the pixel art. If your footage looks like it plays solid, you'll find the help you need.

Just lurking around the Castlevania community will not get you anywhere.

Is there a lurker award for Warmachine. I totally nominate him! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »
Uzo - I'd love to have a sprite artist, why, do you know of one that will help me? I've asked several times if anyone would be interested or knew of anyone interested and never got a response back.  I've tried both on this thread and the sprite request as well with no luck  :'(

Same situation here. I've been searching for a sprite artist since months ago. asking for help in many forums, but i'm still alone in my project  :(. What sprite size do you need? If the size is the same as Shanoa's, and if you give me a reasonable amount of time to finish it, I could help you with Sypha sprites.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:15:13 PM by kaonstantine »

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2013, 04:23:27 AM »
Same situation here. I've been searching for a sprite artist since months ago. asking for help in many forums, but i'm still alone in my project  :(. What sprite size do you need? If the size is the same as Shanoa's, and if you give me a reasonable amount of time to finish it, I could help you with Sypha sprites.
Kaon that would be great!  Yeah i would like to keep Sypha the same size as Shanoa's sprites if at all possible.  And if you do get a chance to work with it let me know and at the very least i can try to help out.  Thanks again Kaon  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:16 AM »
Is there a lurker award for Warmachine. I totally nominate him! lol
......................haha  :P

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:17 PM »
Great, WarMachine. Please give me details about the Sypha look you want for the sprite, Images for reference would help. 

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
This may seem like a silly question, and I'm not trying to be rude.. But I am just wondering why so many people are trying to remake Dracula's Curse. If you look on YouTube there are a bunch of different people's versions. I am just wondering why this particular game? And why when so many others are trying to do the same thing?

I am just wondering what has possessed so many people to attempt this. And I know it has to be more than just the convenience of the Trevor sprite from SOTN.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
This may seem like a silly question, and I'm not trying to be rude.. But I am just wondering why so many people are trying to remake Dracula's Curse. If you look on YouTube there are a bunch of different people's versions. I am just wondering why this particular game? And why when so many others are trying to do the same thing?

I am just wondering what has possessed so many people to attempt this. And I know it has to be more than just the convenience of the Trevor sprite from SOTN.
Can't answer that one man.  Honestly, and i could be just behind the times on it, but the only one i knew of when i started working on it was Jorge's and it was put on hold.  And myself not trying to be rude but after that i saw Las had his as well and as for Trevor i ripped the sprites from him myself from the Dracula X Evil Trevor Hack just to have an alternate version other than the SOTN version.

Tags: