Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: does the Wii play music or dvds?  (Read 3087 times)

MOSH42393

does the Wii play music or dvds?
« on: November 14, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
well does it?
im affraid to put a cd or dvd in it without it breaking ar the cd or dvd being destroyed. does anyone know?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:33:01 PM »
In Reply To #1

Absolutely Not*

The Wii does not have the software to play your DVDs or CDs if you pop one into its slot.  The only thing it can do is load photographs off of your SD Card Slot with the Photo Channel.

*unless you've the Homebrew Channel software mod installed.  If so, then it can play DVDs and media files if you have some software for it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

MOSH42393

Re: does the Wii play music or dvds?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:23:57 PM »
In Reply To #2

k thanks i was about to play supertroopers and boy would i have regretted it. but how would i go about downloading this mod?

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
In Reply To #3

I hope you own Twilight princess for this.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »
I don't recommend playing DVDs on your Wii via homebrew, since apparently it sucks real bad, and is so unstable that the risk of breaking your Wii is very high. No sense in it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

MOSH42393

Re: does the Wii play music or dvds?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
In Reply To #4

yes i do and i beat it.
and i still want to know where to get the homebrew mod because it intreiges me. i probubly wont use it because i dont want to break my wii but i still want it

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »
WiiBrew.org for everything you need.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything