Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you workout?  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:52:09 PM »
Well.. Do you?

I got this nifty device called The Perfect Pushup for my birthday last month, and I've been using it almost every day (It comes with a nice training schedule for you to follow).

I can definitely feel myself become stronger, and my arms have gotten bigger as well. I highly recommend The Perfect Pushup if you want to tone up a bit! It also works your abs, chest, and back.

http://www.perfectpushup.com/

Don't pay $44 for it.. I think my mother found it in Target or one of those big stores for about $20.

So, how do you people workout?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Do you workout?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »
In Reply To #1

I carry a large bag on my back across a university campus for an average of 20-30 minutes every weekday. In class there's labor of lifting stuff like raw ceramic clay, walking up three+ flights of stairs, and stretching/warmup exercises in acting class, followed by action scenes.

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:36:44 AM »
Simple. I don't. I weigh around 130 lbs, and am 5'9". I really shouldn't do anything that would cause me to lose any weight, and because of my metabolism I can't really bulk up any. I used to do some strength training for a while, that was all right. I was in peak shape when I was playing the drums though.
-------------------
I'm a PC and I like cheeseburgers. Sometimes more than one.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
I use a lil something called the IRON GYM. It's a total upper body workout bar, and it works wonders. Got it from Sports Authority for $35.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »
Nope.

Any other questions to make me feel bad?

;)

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
In Reply To #5

i have always worked out ever since i was 16...now if any1 need some hints just ask me...i'll be glad in passing it out [i should have a son for these things :q]

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »
I get on and off. I'm trying to get a routine going but life sucks, with all the forms and stuff I have to do... and then I also want to game ... meh, it gets lost every now and then.

I'm trying to start it up again though.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
I don't. 5'4'' and about 110 lbs. No real fat or anything, and I have about as much muscle as I really need (which admittedly is not much), so I'm rather content.

Yes, I've got a pretty small body stature, okay~~
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
I gotta lose sum w8...I'm gonna try getting on a werkout schedule sumtime dis week. T_T

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »
The punching bag stand broke a long time ago. So no, I don't. Not that I have time to anyway now.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
Yeah.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:01:23 PM by Blue Successor »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
2x a week, cardio (45 minutes of walking or biking) + weights (30 minutes, ab-work, upper arms, chest) using a Gym subscription.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 10:46:59 PM »
I made a thread like this a few years ago and there were, I dunno, 2 replies?  Good to see the Dungeon's gotten more physically fit since then.  :)

I was slacking for awhile, but I've been getting back into lifing lately.  I picked up a side job a few days each week, and I have an hour between that job and my regular shift.  This gives me just enough time to squeeze in a quick lifting routine, though it would be nice to have about 30 min. more.

I have a bicep day, a tricep day, chest day, and a back/shoulders day.  Other days I'll do random auxilliary/core workouts or do cardio.  I tend to focus more on running during the warmer seasons and lifting during the colder ones, so running hasn't been much of a priority lately.

Now where is ProtoBelmont to put us all to shame?

Offline silvermoonlight

• A Gentle Ray of Moonlight
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
Yes, I do.
My new year's resolution was to get a little more fit, so I've added in 30 minutes of various exercise a day, whether it's running, aerobics or whatever. It's pretty doable, and I'm actually enjoying it. :)
soma eyes sig" style="width:276px

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »
I seldom ever work out, but I'm fairly strong for my laziness (Able to lift 70-115 pounds depending how I lift). I do want to get more fit since I've never been able to run a fair distance.

I also took a nasty spill slipping on ice and landing on my back. I thought it'd hurt me moreso, but it only really woke me up.

Tags:

anything