Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do I know you?  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »
I dunno if this happens to you guys, but have you ever had someone hear of you second hand and claim that they know you or act like they know you based on information they haven't gotten from you? This has happened to me a couple of times. Someone will contact me online or walk up to me in public and start talking to me like they have known me for years. Yet they have only heard of me and don't know me at all. Its kinda weird I dunno.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »
That's because they do know you, maybe not physicaly but spiritualy. Chances are that you and them, in a more spiritual nature have such a strong bond that it transends the physical boundry. if you're not into sprituality then this tid-bit of info probably won't make any real sense to you. However, in this universe there are no coincedences; nothing happens by accedent. And chances are you may encounter more people that seem to recognize you though you and them have never met in reality. And don't worry, you're not the only one who's had such an encounter either.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »
I dunno for some reason all I could think of is that episode of Ren and Stimpy where theyre door to door salesmen and Mr Horse answers the door and goes "Do EEEEEYE KNOW YOU!?"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
One of the most brilliant moments in Ren & Stimpy history.

"Caaaall the poliiiiiice!"

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/8954/Rubber-Nipples/

So freaking psychotic.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
yuup my fav episode. I DLed that entire season just to get that and Stimpys Fan Club episodes

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »
You should probably buy the season one and two DVD to show support, heh. John K. is starving. STARVING!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
Re: Do I know you?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:30 AM »
I dunno if this happens to you guys, but have you ever had someone hear of you second hand and claim that they know you or act like they know you based on information they haven't gotten from you? This has happened to me a couple of times. Someone will contact me online or walk up to me in public and start talking to me like they have known me for years. Yet they have only heard of me and don't know me at all. Its kinda weird I dunno.

Happened to me throughout highschool. It was an odd situation, almost everyone knew me, but I didn't know them. I also had few friends, but we were a close group. Also, people were afraid of me for stupid reasons, even the blood and crypts didn't bother me. Apparently they thought I was a nut, and girls... well the teased me and umm... and other unmentionable stuff, though I  was a pretty nice guy. Also, I was voted most quite in the school year book. Odd considering all my friends and teachers called me too talkative. The same problem has followed me to outside of school, but it's slowly disappearing.

I also seem to suffer the most unexplained number of people with incredibly good memory of me. Not more then 3 years ago a kid I haven't seen had recognised me from when I was 4 years old, he was just around my age at the time too. so 23 years later, he still recognised me. HE is not alone! Many people do this to me whenever I'm in my adoptive home of Newark's portuguese community. It seems my face doesn't change much even with age...

Sadest thing aobut all this... I don't remember most of these people! I'm just a lowly Walgreen employee, this shouldn't the case. O_O

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
How much of yourself had already been put out to the world?

EDIT:  Never mind, JohnBy, I figured it out.  Like I would've said: having put so much of yourself out to the world already, that sort of thing is bound to happen.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:32:04 PM by Eric Roman »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
S'kinda what I was thinking, El Romano. He is LEGEND!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 11:43:24 PM »
How much of yourself had already been put out to the world?

EDIT:  Never mind, JohnBy, I figured it out.  Like I would've said: having put so much of yourself out to the world already, that sort of thing is bound to happen.

I suppose....

Tags: