Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How would you do a castlevania tv series ?  (Read 14969 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: How would you do a castlevania tv series ?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »
Anime style like Vampire Hunter D was done. Live action would be just too hokey and the movie attempts so far have failed even before they got a chance to succeed (that's no-doubt a good thing considering what we've heard about them so-far). I'd also make sure there are no stupid love triangles or silly rivalries that have no solid purpose except to lengthen the series  :P  F**k all that nonsense. I would stick with the basics and enhance them while remaining true to Castlevania's lore. And I would damned-well make sure that there are no plotholes, contradictions, and generally lazy writing in the scripts either. I'd have writers and editors who know what the hell they're doing. And I would also make sure that they are all well versed in Castlevania before they begin to work on a script.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 12:27:35 AM »
And I would also make sure that they are all well versed in Castlevania before they begin to work on a script.

In a job interview...

"So, what is your most hated enemy in the series?" or "What is a man?"
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 02:00:48 AM »
In a job interview...

"So, what is your most hated enemy in the series?" or "What is a man?"

Hahaha. Those are very good questions that a non-fan cannot answer unless they googled it.

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 05:12:41 AM »
If it was an Anime? let David production animate it i mean have you seen David production's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime? they would nail it by giving each non-Belmont their own Story Arcs! e.x.: Soma Cruz adventures during Dawn of Sorrow, Alucard during Symphony of the night, Shanoa during Order of Ecclesia and Nathan Graves during Circle of the Moon and after the end of their stories someone is messing with the time Stream and then Soma, Alucard, Shanoa and Nathan can team-up to fix time itself so they can resume their own timelines!

Now tell me with all honesty: How Awesome Would That Be?!
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:14 AM »
+1
A series of live action Netflix mini series.  I think that would be the best way to go, each series covering a different era in the timeline.  I've actually been writing something like this since I was in the university studying writing.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »
I'd make it into an anime series. Since it would be a gothic horror series the animation would need to be a bit darkner than usual without being grimderpy. When looking at the style in which the characters would be animated, I think something like Arslan Senki or Claymore would be fine. I would especially pay attention to the atmosphere in order to make it nice and spooky. There's this anime called Dusk Maiden of Amnesia  which I think -despite not liking the story itself very much- had wondefully atmospheric backgrounds. I especially like how they used the colors green and purple to evoke creepiness. Unfortunately, I couldn't find better pictures:   

So it would probably add in a lot of surreal lightning like that and combine this with the series gothic imaginery. Silver Link is the name of the studio that produced Dusk Maiden so maybe I would choose them to be the animators.

As for what it would be about, I would base it around Dracula's Curse but also about the events leading up to it. It would my time introducing all the characters and moving them in place for when the story reaches its climax (which would be the events of the game itself). For example, maybe a special flashback episode that is about how Dracula and Lisa met. For what I'm thinking of, 12 episodes would probably be too short so I think you could fill perhaps 20 episodes with lots of interesting content without padding it with fights that take several episodes or something.     

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread years ago.

The serious route, I'd go anime mini-series, but everybody and their moms are choosing that route, so I'll go with something a little more silly.

A toon series with that 80s/90s art style seen in shows like Visionaries, G.I Joe, Bionic Six and Exosquad. Set it in modern times where Dracula has risen and is searching the world the 13 Artifacts of Chaos, and our hero, Jason Belmont, and his friends Elsie Belnades(holy sorceress), Marco Lecarde(warrior nobleman), Alucard(son of Dracula) and Ishmael(Doctor Frankenstein's "failed first experiment" and monster with a "heart of gold") battle against Dracula, Elizabeth Bartley, Doctor Frankenstein and his improved Creature(Isaac, no relation to the Devil Forgemaster), Death, Akmodan(the Mummy), Medusa and Claude Talbot(the Werewolf). In a race across the world and facing strange and evil creatures from the darkness shadows of the seven continents, our heroes must obtain stop Dracula's forces from obtaining the artifacts or else the world, as we know it, is doomed.

And now you, too, can have adventures saving the world from Dracula with the Castlevania action figure line. Each figure comes with a accessories and super COOL powers(Jason Belmont's "Power Whippin' Action"). And now, where toys are sold, you can buy Dracula's Castle and the Belmont Lodge Base(figures not included).

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »
I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread years ago.

The serious route, I'd go anime mini-series, but everybody and their moms are choosing that route, so I'll go with something a little more silly.

A toon series with that 80s/90s art style seen in shows like Visionaries, G.I Joe, Bionic Six and Exosquad. Set it in modern times where Dracula has risen and is searching the world the 13 Artifacts of Chaos, and our hero, Jason Belmont, and his friends Elsie Belnades(holy sorceress), Marco Lecarde(warrior nobleman), Alucard(son of Dracula) and Ishmael(Doctor Frankenstein's "failed first experiment" and monster with a "heart of gold") battle against Dracula, Elizabeth Bartley, Doctor Frankenstein and his improved Creature(Isaac, no relation to the Devil Forgemaster), Death, Akmodan(the Mummy), Medusa and Claude Talbot(the Werewolf). In a race across the world and facing strange and evil creatures from the darkness shadows of the seven continents, our heroes must obtain stop Dracula's forces from obtaining the artifacts or else the world, as we know it, is doomed.

And now you, too, can have adventures saving the world from Dracula with the Castlevania action figure line. Each figure comes with a accessories and super COOL powers(Jason Belmont's "Power Whippin' Action"). And now, where toys are sold, you can buy Dracula's Castle and the Belmont Lodge Base(figures not included).

Wait Jason Belmont? that's stramge i happen to have an OC with the same name! it's a small world really!
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Tags:

anything