Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: name a cv game story that will be perfect for a castlevania movie  (Read 5853 times)

Offline agross

• Awards
What castlevania game story will be perfect for a castlevania big screen movie ?

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Kid dracula!!!

Nawww...

I think CV3 or the original CV should be there and even Aria of sorrow
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think Lament, Aria, and CV3. They have stories that could be easier to translated into a movie.

Offline Algernon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
None.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Of course all the fanboys are gonna say CV3 so what's the point of this topic.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I love CV 3, it is my favorite game, but I wouldn't pick that for the first one. I think it should start out with CV 1, Simon fighting death and moving on to Dracula. That would only last about 20 minutes then it would move on to Simon's Quest and him trying to remove the curse.

I think the first movie should focus on the most famous Belmont
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
In Reply To #1

Castlevania II (allthough Simon needs a love interest to raise the stakes of the film)

maybe tweak it so it was a continuation of Haunted Castle instead.

(MOVIE version only, of course, not talking about the game canon)
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
In Reply To #7

Im thinking that too!
CvII has a lot to explain and things to add.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I say LoI, CV3, CoD, SotN, or AoS
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Van Hellsing! O wait. No I'm pretty sure Van Hellsing satisfied my vampire hunting movie needs. Too much would have to be done to any of the stories to make them decent for a movie.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Re: name a cv game story that will be perfect for a castlevania movie
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 02:11:01 AM »
CASTLEVANIA : THE LEGEND OF MARIA RENARD

A Symphony of Night sidestory where the dainty teenage vampire hunter begins her own quest to find the missing Richter Belmont, only to discover that a demonic siren has baited him through a doorway that leads directly into the Hell that is the Uwe Boll universe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:19:51 AM by Super Waffle »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »

A Symphony of Night sidestory where the dainty teenage vampire hunter begins her own quest to find the missing Richter Belmont, only to discover that a demonic siren has baited him through a doorway that leads directly into the Hell that is the Uwe Boll universe.
That has possiblities.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »

A Symphony of Night sidestory where the dainty teenage vampire hunter begins her own quest to find the missing Richter Belmont, only to discover that a demonic siren has baited him through a doorway that leads directly into the Hell that is the Andrzej Bartkowiak universe.
Corrected
Since it was Andrzej Bartkowiak who made both doom and street fighter legend of chun li.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 03:13:46 PM »
Yeah, but they all follow the same pattern of ridiculously off-topic plots and bad acting, and Boll started it, so it works either way.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
CV 3, probably. For two reasons:
1) You have potential for action and story. Four main characters with different motives fighting for the same goal. This creates the potential for having a layered story, which is much more interesting to follow than good guy fights bad guy.

2) Excusable liberties. There was not much of an actual storyline presented in the original NES game, save for the introduction and a few text boxes. With this in mind, the writer has a lot more legroom to present a story using the game as a basis. In effect, there's not much that a screenwriter could fuck up.

Only two problems:
-If the writer sucks, the liberties s/he does take could make the movie worse than it needs to be.
-If not enough fan service is in there, then fanboys going to theatres with a chekclist won't be pleased enough.
(Ok, Vampire Killer, check! Sypha, check! Pot roast...what the...WHERE'S THE FRIGGIN' POT ROAST!! UUURRRRGGGHHH WORST MOVIE EVARRRR!!! RAGEEE RAGGGEEEEE!!!11eleven)

----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: