Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50310 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
I hope it's true.

Be it by IGA or Mercurysteam, I need's my Castlevania on the go.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:21:06 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
Well, IGA does have a 3DS kit..and his handheld games sell well for what they are. Either he's working on Contra 3DS or a Castlevania game for the system.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »
Remember Cox's response when asked about making a 2D game
2D, yes. Metroidvania, no.
I think his intentions were clear enough.

About the source, it says internal sources and it's a spanish page, it's obvious they are MS sources, also they say Araujo's comments "are louder now" (Sorry, I didn't find another expression) that means that their internal source also told them about the sequel (Lost in translation I guess). Let's see what Araujo brings us now, without the orchestra and stuff, perhaps it'll sound more "familiar".
Also, the news title is "New CastlevaniaS and DLC coming from MercurySteam".  :o
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:43:50 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »
Wait, so was the question asking if he wanted to make a 2D game, or was it actually asking if he and his team were already developing a 2D title? Besides maybe a mobile title, I guess this would be their first 2D title then. Hmm.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »
The question if I'm not wrong was "Would your team like to make a 2D Castlevania"? Yep, like is the key word there :P

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
Yup. A lotta folks would like to do a lotta things, but for whatever reason they're not given the chance to. Maybe it's the same with MercurySteam and Castlevania 3DS. ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
The question if I'm not wrong was "Would your team like to make a 2D Castlevania"? Yep, like is the key word there :P
Oh, uh, I don't think that's really concrete enough then.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
But you know how things are in the Video game media, "like to do" is almost "I already pitched it to my bosses and I'm about to get greenlited".
The same could be said with Cox's contra tough.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Yeah, I've seen a lot of cases where those lines just led to nowhere so.
I am more interested in their epic sequel, bigger and badder!

Joachim

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
inafune was saying he would "like to do" (or love, rather) mega man legends 3 for years before they actually started it. it doesn't really "mean" anything.

and i'm happier that way~

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »
I think MercurySteam doing a 3DS game may not result the same qualities Lords has achieved, if only because they're working on two DLC episodes for Lords AND a sequel to that already, which I assume will be for consoles.

I'd rather have IGA do a game, if only because he's proven to make quality, albeit somewhat derivative, games. His main team hasn't made a game since Ecclesia. Adventure Rebirth was made by M2, Judgment was made by Eighting, and Harmony of Despair was largely developed by Westgate, and IGA only had producing roles in those titles.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
I want Hideki Kamiya to work on the next 3DS game.

Oh god this.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »
If MS really work on the CV 3DS game...and if this game is 2D...well I think it would be the best think that had happened with the 2D CV since COTM. 

Of course it's too much "ifs" right now. But if this is truth it probabaly would not only guarantee completely new CV game, but also signify that IGA finally left CV for good. And that would be a rather good thing on it's own.

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
No thanks. A classicvania done by IGA with artwork done by Kojima & music by Yamane would be excellent, though.

EDIT: I would also settle for MASAKI (OoE's artist), and just about any composer that isn't Araujo.

Why haven't we already seen like 1,000 trailers of this game. This should be what Konami has for the 3DS on its release date.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »
Why haven't we already seen like 1,000 trailers of this game. This should be what Konami has for the 3DS on its release date.

Nintendo has been known to have many publishers keep shut on their 3DS projects until next year. This is because they're going to start pushing up the hype train come January. Capcom and Level 5 have been the only developers to show post-E3 trailers about their games, AFAIK.

Tags: