Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50328 times)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »
No no and no. let iga do the 3ds and keep MS on a console. I shudder at the thought of a 3d cv on anything but a tv, it was bad enough with dxc.

Offline Dtritus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:31 AM »
Remember Cox's response when asked about making a 2D gameI think his intentions were clear enough.

About the source, it says internal sources and it's a spanish page, it's obvious they are MS sources, also they say Araujo's comments "are louder now" (Sorry, I didn't find another expression) that means that their internal source also told them about the sequel (Lost in translation I guess). Let's see what Araujo brings us now, without the orchestra and stuff, perhaps it'll sound more "familiar".
Also, the news title is "New CastlevaniaS and DLC coming from MercurySteam".  :o

Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR to anyone: This is just a rumor not coming from MercurySteam internal sources. End of story  ;D 

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
I don't think it says that Mercury Steam is rumored to make a 3DS game. Pretty good, too, because that would freaking suck, if I may be so bold. :-X

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 03:30:01 AM »
Actually, Spanish is my born language and I can say for sure that the article DON'T says that Mercury Steam will make the 3DS Castlevania. It only speaks about the DLC and "Lord of Shadows 2" (things that we already know) and, then, that there will be a Castlevania for Nintendo 3DS. But actually, it isn't from a reliable web page either.

I don't think that hire MS for the 3DS Castlevania would be a good idea. They should keep the team for the "Big" games. But, actually, I really, really, really hope that IGA will get fired pretty soon. Please, don't let him make unlimited sequels "Ass of sorrow" sequels...
I never drink... wine...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 06:22:32 AM »
:(

This really sucks. I'm not looking forward to this at all if it's just gonna be LoS on a handheld. Please do not be true, I was really hoping for a brand new ClassicVania.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 08:36:49 AM »
Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR to anyone: This is just a rumor not coming from MercurySteam internal sources. End of story  ;D 

RUMOR DEBUNKED

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »
Classicvanias and metroidvanias have transitioned pretty smoothly on the handhelds. I really enjoyed the DS games and if MS is behind anything like this, I'm probably going to pass. I agree with Alutwon a little bit above.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 11:06:31 AM »
No no and no. let iga do the 3ds and keep MS on a console. I shudder at the thought of a 3d cv on anything but a tv, it was bad enough with dxc.
what was wrong with dxc?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
Remember Cox's response when asked about making a 2D gameI think his intentions were clear enough.

O____O

YES. DO IT. We need more sidescrolling Castlevania. And MS's visuals would be a perfect fit with it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:23:56 PM by Munchy »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »

Thanks.

God Ahasverus, stop doing this, this is the worst rumor I heard this week, because it's not even a rumor to begin with...

I'm sure a 3DS Castlevania is being made.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
YES. DO IT. We need more sidescrolling Castlevania. And MS's visuals would be a perfect fit with it.
Visual / art style of LOS in 2D will be glorious. Anyway better then another cartoonish IGAvania.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »
Visual / art style of LOS in 2D will be glorious. Anyway better then another cartoonish IGAvania.

I think this is the first time I've heard anyone directly call IGA's games cartoonish. Sure, some have some anime artwork to them..but cartoonish? I didn't know Dracula was invading Dream Land.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »
Well that's nice to hear, thank you for the confirmation. I hope Castlevania 3DS is similar to ReBirth.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »
It's not the end of the story, wheteher you read it as "MS IS developing" or MS "could" be developing it or not is your problem, but the article SAYS IT, it could be false or true, but that's what's written it's not my problem.

Everything comes full circle

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
but the article SAYS IT

Actually, IT DIDNT!!! They talk about Mercury Steam and about a 3DS Castlevania but there is NO information about the next Castlevania being made by the same team...

Seriously, no one is reading my posts???
I never drink... wine...

Tags:

anything