Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM  (Read 50209 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: RUMOR: Castlevania 3DS made by MERCURYSTEAM
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »
I don't like the idea of MercurySteam doing a handheld title.  They did fine with a console, and they need to finish their own little story they created and not waste time fiddling with the 3DS.
In your opinion, thanks.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »
I don't think I have ever been in a thread here that didn't have IGA-bashing in it.  It's almost like it has to be in every thread until it becomes popular opinion out of fear of being bashed yourself.  That all said, I want IGA to stick with the handheld games.  I'm sorry that some of you think handheld gaming is a lesser form of gaming, but I still feel the same with big or little screens.  If the game is good enough, I don't think about the size of the image.  

I don't like the idea of MercurySteam doing a handheld title.  They did fine with a console, and they need to finish their own little story they created and not waste time fiddling with the 3DS.
Totally agree. Looking forward to the next IGAvania. MS, stick with what you do best, really good 3D home console CV games!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »
Keep dreaming, IGA will NEVER do that.
by any chance do you work for Konami?
or do you know IGA?
then how can you make such a bold claim?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
I still would like to see MercurySteam make a 2.5D game. Provided someone watches them like hawks to make sure there are actually no QTEs this time.

Or another 2.5D IGA game would be great. It's an itch that hasn't been scratched in a while.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
I still would like to see MercurySteam make a 2.5D game. Provided someone watches them like hawks to make sure there are actually no QTEs this time.

Or another 2.5D IGA game would be great. It's an itch that hasn't been scratched in a while.
If MS would ever do a 2.5D game, I'd prefer it being do on home console(like I stated above). XBOX360 and PSN downloadable game. That would be the best, IMO. Hell, that would be the perfect route for an "in-between" game that takes place between Lords of Shadow and it's full 3D sequel(maybe bridge the gap by giving Gabriel(or whom ever else MS wants to dedicate it) some 2D action, as well as be close, at arms length, to the general audience who BOUGHT LoS. Doing something on the 3DS is like Square Enix doing a sequel to FFXIII on the Wii.

Joachim

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
In your opinion, thanks.
As if that wasn't already obvious...?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2010, 02:57:01 PM »
or do you know IGA?
Don't you know IGA? :P

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
Don't you know IGA? :P
no i don't but i'm not the one who acts like he knows everything IGA will or will not do now am i ;)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
HAhAh keep your hopes high man, then watch them crumble to the ground... it's better to expect absolutely anything from him and then be surprised..... by how accurate you were in your predictions  8)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
HAhAh keep your hopes high man, then watch them crumble to the ground... it's better to expect absolutely anything from him and then be surprised..... by how accurate you were in your predictions  8)
thanks for the advice. ;)
now allow me to give you some.
don't go around making such bold claims as if you know how everything works are will turn out.
you don't work for Konami so your suggestions are purely unfounded at the moment and you really should not just shoot down peoples hopes when you have no evidence to prove that it is absolutely imposible or will not happen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
Alright, cool it you two.

Neither knows what's going to happen in the future, so to bicker as such is silly.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Neither knows what's going to happen in the future, so to bicker as such is silly.
i never claimed nor implied that i did know what will happen.
was just pointing out that Ahasverus should not shoot down peoples hopes when he really has no basis for it

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »
In your opinion, thanks.

As someone already pointed out, that much was obvious.  I figured you would be the first to reply, since you are hell-bent on shoving your thoughts in everyone's way much like a child- "Look, hey! Look at me!  I have a thought on this too!  Are you listening?! Hey!  I'm an important commentator and my opinion holds weight!"

I'm done replying to you, we obviously have differing opinions on the series as a whole.  You add nothing constructive to any discussion I have seen you take part in (again, my opinion), and nothing personal, I just don't have the time to keep going back and forth when all it comes down to is... to each his own.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
@DarkPrinceAlucard
That's fair.
I suppose pessimism runs rampant with regards to Konami releasing some things, that people have now come to expect stuff to not happen, hah.

@Hannibalistic
To a degree, everyone's opinion has some merit.

@Ahasverus
Seems you took a bit of your own medicine, there.  To make people declare their opinion, when you do not do the same with yours, is a double standard.  However, I won't ask people to say that something is their opinion anymore than I'll ask them to describe facts, as I've seen situations where people will start spouting off that something is a 'fact' when in fact is just a twisted fact.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:52:13 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »

@Hannibalistic
To a degree, everyone's opinion has some merit.

I understand this Jorge, but like I said, I can't be bothered to discuss anything with him, lest it devolve into a MercurySteam vs. IGA debate which has been done to death here. 

Tags:

anything