Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32924 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »
+1
Heeere it comes. From a very reliable source it's been said that our master of recycling IGA is making its new 'Vania, but this time it's different, it's been said that 3D artists are coming abroad this thime and the game will feature heavy use of the 3D cameras of the handheld.
So, not only new 'Vania, but 3DS'Vania, but 3D VANIA!! From IGA! Hope he learned the lesson some months ago and finnaly got to see how to make an epic adventure.
GO GO IGA!!  ;D
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2010/12/21/koji-igarashi-working-on-new-castlevania-for-3ds/

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »
Ohhhh boy. IGA-san... If this is a 3D game, I just hope you've got a competent team this time. For your sake and ours.

Also the article does not specify if it's a 2D or 3D game, just that it will utilize the 3D camera effects. If it turns out to be 2D, it'd be cool if the 3D was used for some depth in the background, ala Valkyrie Profile or - dare I say it? - VB Wario Land.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:23:29 PM by Munchy »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:17:52 PM »
Haters rejoice!!

I hope it's 2D gameplay with 3D elements as opposed to full-3D. Por ejemplo, scythes popping out in front of me while fighting Death but on a 2D playing field.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »
One effect that would be cool (and possibly money-saving) if they did a 2D sprites on 3D plane deal like Strider 2.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
Ohhhh boy. IGA-san... If this is a 3D game, I just hope you've got a competent team this time. For your sake and ours.

Also the article does not specify if it's a 2D or 3D game, just that it will utilize the 3D camera effects. If it turns out to be 2D, it'd be cool if the 3D was used for some depth in the background, ala Valkyrie Profile or - dare I say it? - VB Wario Land.
3D artists are working on it and the 3D camera is going to be used...

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
IGA better put some honest to god effort into this game or Im not buyin!

Oh who am I kidding, I'd probably buy it anyway, but no more Harmony of Despair bullshit again IGA!.

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 05:00:15 PM »
Oh, no...
I never drink... wine...

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:09:19 PM »
Fuck yeah. See, if he's given time to make a game, he makes fantastic fucking titles, like Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia.

As long as Konami doesn't nix his budget in strange ways and/or give him a calender year as the maximum development time, we could be getting another great game. Curse of Darkness, Lament of Innocence, Portrait of Ruin, Judgment, Harmony of Dissonance, and Harmony of Despair all suffered in that they were locked in a particular release due to either hitting a target time for the end of the year, or to tie into another Castlevania release around the same timeframe. Quality elements in those games aside, having a deadline could mean it may be hard to achieve a proper desire for a game and could result to rushed efforts, something largely attributed in the aforementioned games for a number of reasons. I doubt IGA really gets his jollies knowing that the mainstream potshot at Castlevania is asset reuse, like Mega Man's is a repeating formula. So here's hoping they let him take some time to craft a solid experience and not a ~9 month window to get something out of the door.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:11:15 PM by Foffy »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
Finally confirmation it's coming! I'm excited to see what it's gonna be, I hope it's the 1999 game!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
Finally confirmation it's coming! I'm excited to see what it's gonna be, I hope it's the 1999 game!

I'd keep my hopes for a 1999 game down if I were you.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
Ha, yea probably for the best. I just want it to be a ClassicVania more than anything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
I'm happy for the man. I truly am. And I too hope the deadline won't be as strict as it usually is. I think a year is nowhere near enough.

And with the LoS buzz keeping those completely uninterested in IGA busy, I think Konami SHOULD allow him enough time and resources.

No recycling bullshit anymore. No FastVania. Puh-leeze, Jesus.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
I'm happy for the man. I truly am. And I too hope the deadline won't be as strict as it usually is. I think a year is nowhere near enough.

And with the LoS buzz keeping those completely uninterested in IGA busy, I think Konami SHOULD allow him enough time and resources.

No recycling bullshit anymore. No FastVania. Puh-leeze, Jesus.
Agree with all of this.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
+1
I just hope (for his sake) that the Belmonts are the heros of the story and not some unknown nubie who can easily kill Drac like every other regular human. And I hope for 2.5D gameplay.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
Well I hope that LOS has made Iga realise that platforming is still an important part of Castlevania's gameplay.

...and that he casts a Belmont in the lead as well (as unlikely as that would be).although with LOS supposedly catering to Belmont fans it wouldn't surprise me if he returned to HIS roots, brought back Alucard & even made him the real hero of a 1999 game.

Tags:

anything