Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32899 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Shin Drac X hoax went so far that it was published in a swedish gaming magazine in some kind of "rumour" section. Or maybe it was in the "News" section even, lol! I'm gonna see if I can find the magazine.. I believe it had the screenshots and everything.

Your memory is spot-on. I've also seen these images in a gaming magazine. I can't remember if it was gamepro or some other one, but i definitly saw 'em.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
I remember seeing them in a magazine when they were first released too. I think it was EGM.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
I think you're right about that. I think it WAS EGM. Though, this is the first time I've ever heard of there being high res screens of those ever being in existance. I don't think I've saw THOSE.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
this is the first time I've ever heard of there being high res screens of those ever being in existance. I don't think I've saw THOSE.

Me neither. I'm pretty sure the magazines even published the small blurry ones. That was actually quite common back in the 80's-90's at least. Going through some old magazines I'm surprised to see how poor some screenshots were. Especially when the game in question was "work-in-progress" or whenever there were articles from some gaming show. As a reader you had to use your imagination sometimes.
"Hmm..that looks like some kind of... monster? Maybe it's a boss! Oh wait, I think it's actually a tree in the background.."

Gaming magazines published just about any crap back then, but it was kinda charming somehow.. this was before the internet, obviously. Or at least before anyone used the internet for gaming news (yes children, such a time existed!)

;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:39:14 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »
These whippersnappers don't know what it was like, Shelv. =P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
LOL, the good old days! I think it was much more forgiving back then for them to publish crappy looking screenshots because, it was almost a give that you'd be saying, "Well, that kinda looks cool, so the actual game's going to look BETTER!". But with the internet, especially with direct feed screenshots, unless you got the best plasma screen tv and know how to set it right, rarely do you get a game that looks as perfect as the direct feed. And add in "bullshots" to that equation. Where as, back in the day, it we were at a point where things can only go up, now, with aliasing and such, in many cases, the screenshots look BETTER than the actual games in motion.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
And I suppose nobody managed to save the bigger versions of these suspect screenshots?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »
Someone might have, but I doubt if it was any of us here on this forum.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »
I'm sorry thernz T_T

Anyways, thanks for the explanation guys. Damn, that seems to have been a really well-made hoax, in that case. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: