Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32957 times)

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 06:43:26 AM »
If this is a 3D game (as in, polygonal title), he can't / can't be forced to recycle anything. So we will get all the *good* about IGA games without the *bad* IGA games usually carry. Win-win situation.

I have two words for you, my friend. Castlevania Judgament. Wait, I have three words. Curse of Darkness.

Win-win situation? I seriously doubt it.
I never drink... wine...

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2010, 07:12:21 AM »
I think this is quite good news even for IGA haters.

IGA delivers solid, even when unimaginative, titles. It's more-of-the-same but it's something we love, so what's to hate?
Well, the recycling I guess.

If this is a 3D game (as in, polygonal title), he can't / can't be forced to recycle anything. So we will get all the *good* about IGA games without the *bad* IGA games usually carry. Win-win situation.

What's left to hate? The terrible story telling? The lack of Belmonts? The redundancy?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »
I have two words for you, my friend. Castlevania Judgament. Wait, I have three words. Curse of Darkness.

Win-win situation? I seriously doubt it.

Well, as long as Eighting isn't making the game, and as long as Takashi Takeda isn't involved, we may get something good. Eighting made Judgment and Takeda directed the most repetitive games in the series: Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness, and Harmony of Dissonance.

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2010, 07:44:49 AM »

What's left to hate? The terrible story telling? The lack of Belmonts? The redundancy?

Now you're sounding like you're expecting IGA to rescue CV.

I'm simply expecting him to push out a more-of-the-same 2D sidescroller, and I'm fine with it. I skip dialogues in his games since Dawn anyways.

My comment wasn't "omg this is gonna be perfect", my comment was like "in these conditions we can get the best game IGA is capable of"; doesn't mean that game is perfect, tho.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
Now you're sounding like you're expecting IGA to rescue CV.

I'm simply expecting him to push out a more-of-the-same 2D sidescroller, and I'm fine with it. I skip dialogues in his games since Dawn anyways.

My comment wasn't "omg this is gonna be perfect", my comment was like "in these conditions we can get the best game IGA is capable of"; doesn't mean that game is perfect, tho.

Rescue it? He's the one who f***ed the series up. He had so many chances.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »
I just hope the areas are flat like in CoD.  Seriously, you never jumped to get from platform to platform.  While, many people don't like its story, at least LoI had some platforming.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline SIRHardle

• Currently working on a second CV game.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Sonata In Red's website.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
All I ask now is a game on the original setting and I'm good.
Castlevania: Sonata in Red
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:26 PM »
I hope it is good. Especially the level design and no more anime style artwork, please.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »
OoE proved IGA is at least learning something from his past mistakes. If this trend continues, I will be greatly anticipating the 3DS game.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:21 AM »
OoE was the best game in the series since Aria but I guess that isn't working for everybody if you didn't like that game as well.     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2010, 04:48:50 AM »
OoE was the best game in the series since Aria but I guess that isn't working for everybody if you didn't like that game as well.     

I'll have to agree with that point, since not all the latest games from Iga where perfect, those two games, Aria and OoE, i think they are the exception.

OoE proved IGA is at least learning something from his past mistakes. If this trend continues, I will be greatly anticipating the 3DS game.

Also i have to agree with that point and i hope that this time will get something, even more better, but like i have said in the past, only time will tell if it will suck or not.........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2010, 05:46:31 AM »
Only problem(s) with Ecclesia were;

1) Level design. Once again there were really boring areas and repeating background graphics. Some of the areas were, in fact, inferior to Portrait of Ruin, such as the Clock Tower which wasn't too bad in Portrait (yes, go back and see for yourself if you don't believe me). In Ecclesia it was just meh.

2) Overworld map made the game feel disconnected. I wish the areas were connected like in Simon's Quest. That would possibly have made traveling/backtracking a bit more frustrating, but they could've put teleport spots here and there. Heck, some of the indoor areas could've even had SQ-esque Mansion entrances! I would've like that.

3) NO SILENCE OF DAYLIGHT IN THE VILLAGE. Lol, just kidding.. it's nothing to speak about. But it was a missed opportunity for awesomeness.

Other than that Ecclesia was really fun. I still prefer Dawn of Sorrow overall, but Ecclesia is better in other ways, challenge for example. And characters.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:48:32 AM by shelverton. »

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2010, 07:42:48 AM »
OoE it is NOT a Castlevania game for me. There is no Belmonts, no Vampire Killer and almost no Dracula...

And the manga-like story of "Sorrow" is awful written and highly intrusive.

OK, mister Igarashi, if you are going to make another Vania, please, please, please, make a proper sequel to Bloodlines or the battle of 1999... without anime style design. And, you know, try to make the game less repetitive and more challenging.

I dont beg too much!!!
I never drink... wine...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2010, 08:13:17 AM »
There is no Belmonts,
Wrong; there's a whole village of them.

and almost no Dracula...
Wrong; you fight Dracula at the end of the game.

And the manga-like story of "Sorrow" is awful written and highly intrusive.
It's gameplay before story in the Castlevania series.

make a proper sequel to Bloodlines
Why?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:16:15 AM by Crisis »

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »
Wrong; there's a whole village of them.

Wrong; there'is no heroes there. It could be a whole village of pixies and it would be the same.

Wrong; you fight Dracula at the end of the game.

That's why I said almost. The villain is not Dracula like in Rondo, this time he is only the final boss.

It's gameplay before story in the Castlevania series.

Sorry but if I must accept THAT story, I really want a brilliant gameplay... and the gameplay was, actually, more or less the same.

Why?

Only because it was the "last" proper castlevania game in the timeline. And the idea to mix the canon of the games with the canon of the book is OK, but they don't reach it's full potential.
I never drink... wine...

Tags:

anything