Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS  (Read 32969 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Yet another rumor: IGArashi making 3D game for 3DS
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2010, 03:46:35 PM »

The Van Helsing game for PS2 and XBOX is really not that bad if you compare it to LoI or CoD though...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »
It actually has platforming.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »

Actually, I would have no problem with a Castlevania game without Dracula as the final boss as long as he remain important to the plot. Remember that he is supposed to re-appear each 100 years, no each month.

Pretty much this and what Ahasverus said. Seriously, I would love a Castlevania game with Death as the last boss, like in LoI, because lately his roles in the recent games have been very minor, which is unfair since he is after all, Drac's right-hand.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
Death should've also been the final boss in CoD as well. It would've made that game a little better in my mind.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2010, 02:25:49 PM »
Pretty much this and what Ahasverus said. Seriously, I would love a Castlevania game with Death as the last boss, like in LoI, because lately his roles in the recent games have been very minor, which is unfair since he is after all, Drac's right-hand.
It's funny when you put the games in order, the farther you go back on the timeline, the bigger Death's part is.  He rarely does anything other than guarding a specific room in the castle.  His biggest role was in CoD in which he disguised himself as a priest and encouraged Hector's thirst for revenge by informing him as to Issac's whereabouts.  We definitely need another game in which he has a big role like that.  Maybe he will in the 1999 game (if it's ever made).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
I found leaked screens of upcoming IGA project  ;D

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2010, 08:06:28 PM »

You sure about that.  I swear I saw those images on in the castlevania dungeon website and I believe that they belonged to a game that is considered a hoax.  I could be wrong though.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
nonono, it's just been in more than 10 years of development

edit: im being sarcastic sorry
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:13:26 PM by thernz »

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
10 years!?  If that's true, this better be a kick ass game.  I mean why so long?

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
I only like my leaked images with source please

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »
People really fell for that one.

Wow.  :-X

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2010, 12:06:35 AM »
It's a hoax. At the time people were wondering what was going to come after SotN, then somebody (supposedly leaked) those screens. My brother thought they were part of a re-release of Rondo considering that the game still wasn't imported yet and we fans wanted it badly. Also the hero looks an awful lot like Richter from his SotN art. In my opinion, this should've been a real game. It looks so much better then what IGA has been giving us as of late.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2010, 06:12:56 AM »

oh you

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »
That looks awsome.... too awesome to come from IGA. Sorry.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
That looks awsome.... too awesome to come from IGA. Sorry.

Eh, I think IGA has some decent ideas left in him ans has a basic idea of what a CV game should be like at its soul, but he can't be the sole head of things anymore. He needs at least one to 2 other people to help co-head in order for any ideas to grow into something respectable and not to re-hashes. I mean, he was a part of a whole team back when SotN was made.

Tags:

anything