Poll

What would be an appropriate 25th Anniversary tribute?

Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Dracula's Curse Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Castlevania Annversary Collection (NES SNES GEN minimum)
Demon Castle War (ClassicVania Style)!
Demon Castle War (Clastleroid Style)!
Lords of Shadow 2
Art, Music, and other swag...
Other --explain below.
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest...

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?  (Read 18571 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
Did a little homework...

The Tokyo Game Show is being held Sept 15-18 --naturally, Konami is attending.  Castlevania's 25th Anniversary Date is about a week later on Sept 26.  I still don't think Konami has any tribute in the works, but I'd be more than happy for them to prove me wrong.  More likely than not that they'll announce LoS2 (which we already know about) --but this got me thinking....  What WOULD be an appropriate tribute to celebrate 25 years of Castlevania?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:22 PM »
I would like to either have a 2.5d Castleroid Demon Castle Wars our a 2.5d Dracul'a Curse Classicvania style.

But since I can only choose 1 I chose the Demon Castle Wars.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
A new game in the original saga and LOS 2 are my options. And a collection too, if that wasn't too much to ask. A complete soundtrack collection... we already have that.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
Castlevania Chronicles: The Accursed Seal

On it's own, no CV1 attached. Why? It's a completely different experience. I'd kind of like it on it's own, not being an attached game, or even worse, being unlocked by completing CV1. The back story is explainable easily enough, and could even be grounds for a SotN style introduction stage.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
Castlevania Chronicles: The Accursed Seal

On it's own, no CV1 attached. Why? It's a completely different experience. I'd kind of like it on it's own, not being an attached game, or even worse, being unlocked by completing CV1. The back story is explainable easily enough, and could even be grounds for a SotN style introduction stage.

I thought Castlevania 1 and 2 should go together because it gives both the ClassicVania and the Castleroid experience in one package.  Unlike the Dracula X Chronicles both genres should be available from the start.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Mostly because I really want to see a remake of the CV2 (one of my favorite games in the series). CV1 cjuld go as a nice bonus, but as of now there are plenty of remakes of that game.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
How 'bout a g-damn console port of the on-rails arcade game? :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
wow, i've already answered that question.  but i suppose reusing that thread could be considered thread necromancy?

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
wow, i've already answered that question.  but i suppose reusing that thread could be considered thread necromancy?

Thread Necromancy is when you bump a topic that's fallen off the front page.  The 25th anniversary has been discussed openly for quite awhile now --I'm sure someone's already asked or suggested "wouldn't it be cool if..." but I think this is the first time tribute has actually been polled.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
yeah you're right.  i didn't notice that this was even a poll until just before i read your reply.  the topics no longer say "Poll:" anymore when they're a poll.  i think they used to.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:20:24 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »
Really dont know what I would want.

I suppose a fully remastered 2.5D Aria would be nice. That way they can flex their muscle in remaking it's tunes. (or possibly get Yamane to do it? Its not like its strange for companies to use a 3rd party for something, after all the Zero series artist went freelance from Inticreates and he still did some artwork I think.)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 04:57:06 PM »
CV Belmont's revenge rebirth Downloadble on Wii, plus a retail version with Adventure rebirth and BR rebirth in a single disk.
That would be wonderful but i'm asking too much.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »
I'd prefer artworks and soundtracks. to rush a game to be developed under the course of the anniversary timelimit would probably only lead to disappointment...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 05:38:28 PM »
Belmonts' Revenge might be available on DSi-Ware or 3DS-Ware, like Link's Awakening.
I'd take a 3DS 2.5D Castlevania/Simon'sQuest combo with 3D-capable NES cart ports as downloadables.  Castlevania 1 could either be a new version of Castlevania, or it could be Castlevania Chronicles (PSX version) with 3D effects, while Simon's Quest can be a brand new game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »
I voted Castlevania Annversary Collection (NES SNES GEN minimum).
I don't need chronicle remake.
I'm on hiatus now.

Tags: