Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Resurrection New Official Concept Art + Draculas Castle Screens!!!  (Read 17979 times)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The story concept is terrible, the characters are terrible, the artwork is terrible. But I like the look of the castle. I am so glad this game never saw the light of day
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The story concept is terrible, the characters are terrible, the artwork is terrible. But I like the look of the castle. I am so glad this game never saw the light of day

So, you went to a bookstore and saw a book at the shop window, with a few pages open for you to see and you 've said, nahhhh....this book doesn't look interesting.....what i want to say, except from some screens and the intro video, we haven't seen anything else and we don't know how the final product looks.

Anyway, it's your opinion and i'm acceptin it, but bad or no, still i'm really curious to see what it could be.....don't forget that N64 Castlevania titles, they don't have the preatiest graphics, but they capture the true spirit of what a Castlevania game in 3D should be and resurrection, it's looking to having a lot of platforming.

I don't like to judge a book from it's cover or it's few first pages, before i say it's worth to read or not!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I don't like to judge a book from it's cover or it's few first pages, before i say it's worth to read or not!!!

I don't either. I'm judging it from what I've seen and from the terrible plot I've read about it. I'm not judging it from one or two screens I'm judging it from everything I've seen.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Since the game is finished, but never got released, i supposed that there is not a chance to get remastered. My point? Better a chance to have it and try it for what was supposed to be than not having it at all!!!  ;)

Many people dislike Castlevania Adventure, for it's flaws, but i like it and it was the first Castlevania game that i have played and got me hooked to the series!!!  :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Wow, I didn't know The Adventure could get someone hooked to the series.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Wow, I didn't know The Adventure could get someone hooked to the series.

Why is that? If you didn't have played any other Castlevania game previously and this one was your first, i believe that playing the other games, after that, it could only get better and better!!!  ;)

Even from all the Wizards & Warriors series, i like the one for the game boy the most!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I don't either. I'm judging it from what I've seen and from the terrible plot I've read about it. I'm not judging it from one or two screens I'm judging it from everything I've seen.
The point is - we didn't see everything about the game. Only some scraps.
It's wrong to blame the game as a failure only based on random materials. Besides no one knows how it would be in gameplay department. Maybe this game could have gameplay so good, that it would overshadow all it's shortcomings in other areas.

Since the game is finished, but never got released,
It's unknown for sure if it was completely finished or not.
There are different rumours about how much of this game was finished, ranging from 30% and up to 70% or even 90%.

Also, there was list of Dreamcast demo games on Hidden-Palace I think. It was noted there that a playable version of th CVR existed and was released on the disk, possiby for some previews.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Judging from the interview at the Dungeon, it was very near completion. Interesting news about the demo. That's most likely another lost treasure that us fans will never get to see.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I have heard about the demo before, but i don't believe that there is anyone in the world that has it or was able to try it.......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i might have it in my über-collection somewhere... i'll have to check sometime

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It was noted there that a playable version of the CVR existed and was released on the disk, possibly for some previews.

A demo for tries? Sweet! I'd give it a try  :)

i might have it in my über-collection somewhere... i'll have to check sometime

Let us know if you find it  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything