Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon 3DS should be the next 3DS Vania.  (Read 17811 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Circle of the Moon 3DS should be the next 3DS Vania.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »
I don't know if you're only getting the GBA games on the controller screen, or on the telly, or both. I don't know how the WiiU VC works so far in this regard?
GBA: 240x160 resolution, 3.3 x 3.23 in. You simply cannot translate that onto a TV screen. But I guess it would work on the GamePad, though it is still twice as large (5.3 x 10.2 in)... Hope they'll give it a little pixel boost instead of keeping the native size or, worse, magnifying the games.

I feel like picking up a WiiU soon. I was always genuinely unimpressed by it but when it comes to Nintendo, it was always about the games. And now they're sloooowly starting to build a library, as expected. Wind Waker, Mario 3D World and that Xenoblade sequel will do it for me. Announce a Kirby, a Metroid, a new Zelda, Fire Emblem and throw in a couple of GBA games, and suddenly the WiiU feels more relevant to me than any PS4 or XBOne in da world. Dunno.
Don't worry about games. Nintendo has them aplenty. It's just having trouble cramming them all into a single console...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »
Yeah it's up to Konami, not Nintendo.
And Konami treats the retro CV titles like Capcom treats MegaMan.

Well, at least there are 'some' CV's coming out, even if they're not particularly of a type of which I'm too interested.
Exactly, Konami doesn't care about CV. The current state of CV, to me, is the same as MM.

I will decide if I buy a WiiU or a PS4 when the next CV is announced. It depends on what consoles they are going to release it, and it depends more on how the game is. If it follows the LoS formula in music and looks, I will quit. I will still love older CV games and play them, but I will stop caring about future releases.
Konami and Castlevania will be dead to me.

Don't worry about games. Nintendo has them aplenty. It's just having trouble cramming them all into a single console...
Nintendo will always have the games, and they will never disappoint fans. I wish Nintendo would buy Castlevania, that way the franchise would receive the treatment it deserves.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
I don't know if you're only getting the GBA games on the controller screen, or on the telly, or both. I don't know how the WiiU VC works so far in this regard?

I feel like picking up a WiiU soon. I was always genuinely unimpressed by it but when it comes to Nintendo, it was always about the games. And now they're sloooowly starting to build a library, as expected. Wind Waker, Mario 3D World and that Xenoblade sequel will do it for me. Announce a Kirby, a Metroid, a new Zelda, Fire Emblem and throw in a couple of GBA games, and suddenly the WiiU feels more relevant to me than any PS4 or XBOne in da world. Dunno.
Wii U is selling less than 10 thousand copies in US each month... flop don't even start to describe the Wii U.

Wii U is the last videogame a publisher will think to launch a game (unless Nintendo gives them money). That's the sad truth.

Personally, after the N64, Nintendo consoles were completely irrelevant to me. I'll always stay with them on the handhelds though.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:55:10 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »
Maybe N64 nd GCN had just a few good titles on them, but the Wii catalog is very impressive (when it comes to having good games).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
Maybe N64 nd GCN had just a few good titles on them, but the Wii catalog is very impressive (when it comes to having good games).
Not really.

The few ones I liked I played on the PC with Dolphin and a Wiimote. I'm not into Nintendo games.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
+1

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
+1
The ones I like are these (maybe I forget a few); I prefer some of them, but I think they are all very good, personally speaking:

Okami, Metroid: Other M, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New SMB, Dragon Quest Swords, Chocobo's Dungeon, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3, The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »
+1
... Sengoku Basara 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Monster Hunter 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Castlevania Rebirth, Contra Rebirth, Conduit 2, Goldeneye 007, Bleach: Versus Crusade, Cave Story, Adventure Island (I dont remember the exact name of this version), Bomberman (same here), Megaman 9, Megaman 10, Phoenix Wright 1 2 and 3, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1 (remake), Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Mario Sports Mix (with Final Fantasy characters, yay!)...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »
+1
Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Fatal Frame 4...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:25 PM »
+2
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Adventure, Super Paper Mario, Opoona, Muramasa...

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
+1
Epic Mickey 1 and 2, FF Crystal Chronicles CB and EoT, The Legend of Spyro, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, A Boy and his Blob, Bleach (both games), Soul Calibur Legends, Defend Your Castle, Agatha Christie (both games), Alice in Wonderland, Sentai Clean Keeper, Castle of Shikigami III, Balloon Pop, Trauma Center, Big Brain Academy, Deadly Creatures, Scooby Doo, Dragon's Lair, My Life as a King, My Life as a Dark Lord, Little King's Story, Mario Party 8, No More Heroes...

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2013, 12:10:25 AM »
+1
Tales of Symphonia 2, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2, Onechanbara, Nights: Journey of Dreams, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Trauma Center 2, Yu-Gi-Oh, Wario Land: Shake It!, Resident Evil 4 / Zero / Archives / Darkside / Umbrella, Sakura Wars, Sin and Punishment...

Phewww...  :P
Help me guys, there must be more...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2013, 08:53:49 AM »
+1
GBA: 240x160 resolution, 3.3 x 3.23 in. You simply cannot translate that onto a TV screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Player

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »
I LOVED the Gameboy Player (I still have one  in my Gamecube).
With the trippy Space Background. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
What about that device that came out like in 1.999 and was mentioned in Nintendo Power?
That one that allowed you to play Game Boy cartridges in your SNES. I don't remember the name.
That device made Game Boy games look fine in TV's, and from my own experience, GB and GBA games can look very good in a TV. If they apply some filter and just release them as they are, they would look good. 3D is what looks ugly when it pixelates, 2D usually looks always good if they are sprites.

Tags:

anything