Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Climax Studios posts job listing on Facebook.. uses Castlevania picture.  (Read 20222 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Calling all Artists! Exciting times produce exciting
opportunities we have some great opportunities for
experienced Environment Artists - for info or to apply get
in touch with Stu, our Recruitment Manager at -
stu@climaxstudios.com

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687863511272775&set=a.413361755389620.98832.115215961870869&type=1

I for one welcome our Climax overlords. ;D

No really, they are a great studio, they already had experience with reboots (and great stories) with Silent Hill Shattered Memories and of course they made a great job with the LoS 1 PC version. It's the best of the cases.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Link is dead for me, but pic is one of the two vampire boss from LoS1.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
What was the picture? It's gone now.

EDIT: Oh great, this means more LoS then...

Count me out this time.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
What could this mean?  :o

In the back of my mind all I'm hearing is "LOS2 remake, LOS2 remake."
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

I expect a soft reboot..a la Shattered Memories.

That or a retcon spree to hell and back. Anyway I expect then to work with the LoS series, probably dropping the moniker though.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Highly doubtful, that prequel about the Founders that was rumored is more likely.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Wish they could get Jose Luis Márquez to work with them, if it is Castlevania related.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Climax Studios handled the PC port of LoS1, right? Wouldn't that mean they have rights to the image? 

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Ugh more LOS, was hoping for something fresh.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I knew someone will complain of supposed to be more LOS games  :P

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
There's a similar post on their Facebook page, back on April 9, with the same message but the picture shown is of Gabriel at the entrance to Pan's lair, with the spiraling staircase and the waterfalls.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I don't think it means anything. They're just showing pictures from their latest release (LoS1 PC version) to promote their studio.

Crisis averted.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Nothing in their games list is anything special. A LOT of portable games though, so there's that.

Also, a good job with a PC port doesn't really mean much when its just that, a port. Mercurysteam still did all the work, they just did the PC tweaking.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I don't think it means anything. They're just showing pictures from their latest release (LoS1 PC version) to promote their studio.

Crisis averted.
Crisis? Climax is the only studio (in a realistic case) I could trust the series. Keep in mind their LoS could be veery different from Mercury. The same their Silent Hill Origins was different from the others, and it was part of themain series, not a reboot, only SM was a (self containing) reboot and god they got it out of the park. Come on. You people are delusional if you think there is ANOTHER reboot coming.

And about the pic, I dunno, they could had used their logo, or one screen from anything else. The fact that they have worked closely with konami for many years and they had a hand already on 2 main entries of one of its biggest franchises, and that they already know how combat works in the LoS engine, it clicks with me too much. I dunno, let's keep an eye on this, shall we?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:17:30 PM by Ahasverus »

Tags:

anything