Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Who thinks they should make a third game in the Sorrow series?  (Read 18214 times)

Steve

Re: Who thinks they should make a third game in the Sorrow series?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »
If Dawn ever gets a sequel, its plot has already been outlined in Dawn's ending, just as Dawn's plot was hinted at in Aria's ending.

Alucard in Aria: "In the future someone may follow again in Dracula's dark footsteps. At that time, perhaps we'll meet again."

Alucard in Dawn: "If the world needs a dark lord, it will emerge. Even if it's not you, Soma..."

So, "Sorrow 3" would most likely involve someone other than Soma succeeding in becoming the Demon King.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
Wouldn't a third Sorrow game be the 1999 battle?  It's what starts the "trilogy", introduces Julius, kills Dracula, and sets up everything that is to come in the next two games.

Personally, I like playing as Soma.  He has the flexibility in weapons like Alucard and I think the Soul System is very fun.  But another game with him would probably be clunky for the overarching cv story.  If they did continue his character, I would like to see him branch out and become some sort of warrior who doesn't just fight evil cults bent on returning the Dark Lord.  The Dark Lord can't be the only Big Bad in the CV world that's trying to kill all humans.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »
In Reply To #7

Yeah, you have a point. But still, I do want to see a third one in which you play as ALUCARD and have to go kill Soma because he actually became the dark lord this time. And I want to see Dario in that game too, after all, he didn't die in DoS.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »
In Reply To #18

That's what Dawn of Sorrow should have been. The AoS ending where Soma gives in to the dark side should have been canon, leaving Julius to slay him. Instead, we get another stupid storyline that doesn't even progress the series in anyway. There is really no reason for DoS to even exist.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
The Sorrow games have been the best since SotN and I'd love to see another one. Soma is badass, and the white & blue color theme of the games is gorgeous. Not to mention, the soul system is way too rad.

Soma? Bad ass? Oh please! ::)

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Images/Scans/Aria/art-soma2.jpg

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Images/Scans/Aria/aos_artbook_page6.jpg

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/Images/Scans/Aria/soma3.jpg
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 03:01:23 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 08:09:05 PM »
Aria of Sorrow wrapped up its story nicely, and DoS was pushing it. I think a third Sorrow game would be overkill.

That sums up my answer pretty much, more so since the canon ending is the 'good' one.  But even if the bad ending were canon, the game ended the storyline, which is good since I agree, the second story in the Sorrow series was pushing it.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »

Soma? Bad ass? Oh please! ::)

Opinions are so funny.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:51:01 PM by Bloodelfking »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »
In Reply To #22

The Sorrow series are my favorite Roidvanias next to SOTN and COTM.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
In Reply To #24

Overall favorite Soma pic.  :D
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
I still think it would be cool to see the concept of PoR applied to a new Sorrow game (only carried out better), teaming Soma with Julius, Al, or perhaps even Death, since he always served the dark lord, and if Soma got his hands on one of the two stones featured in LoI, the idea could actually work. Infact, I think it would be cool if they mixed in a little MegaMan X 5 in there, and had a guage to show how much closer Soma is to becoming the Dark Lord, and relying on Death could raise it little by little. But, I'm sure no one else likes that idea.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »
I still think it would be cool to see the concept of CV3 applied to a new Sorrow game (only carried out better), teaming Soma with Julius, Al, or perhaps even Death
Fixed.

Pork just took cv3's idea, mixed it with dos's j mode, Yoko following you in Soma mode intro and cod's innocent devils to create the partner system. :o

If there ever is a third sorrow game, I don't want Soma to be its protagonist yet again. Main antagonist would be more fun. You'd play the role of J's son or something seeing as the J man's too old, and investigate the recent changes in your town that's NOT IN JAPAN. All leads to Soma, who for some reason didn't age at all even though many years passed, but you being the stereotypical game protagonist ignore it.

You befriend him and he agrees to help you (cv3 partner system kicks in), but at one point it's revealed he eventually succumbed to the darkness and he's the one responsible. You end up fighting him as the final battle. :o

As for his reason, dunno, maybe Mina dumped him and he got so sad he wanted to cut himself, and then drac's chaotic powers rejoined his soul when he lost the reason to and his will to resist them or something. :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:19:53 PM by Serio »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:27 PM »
In Reply To #24

Yes, but that shows him as the dark lord, IMO. Unfortuantely, stupid Iga enjoys "happy" endings...

Ciel

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »
In Reply To #24

Yes, but that shows him as the dark lord, IMO. Unfortuantely, stupid Iga enjoys "happy" endings...

Nevertheless, he is badass as regular Soma. Not only by virtue of his persona, but generally. The Renaissance and Baroque allowed for fashionable men to be considered such. Only since the death of romanticism has the general public had the arbitrary notion that masculinity somehow equates to drabness of attire and unimaginative hair stylings. Even so, insofar as "modern" notions of masculinity are concerned Soma conforms easily to them, being quite brusque and decisive.

*writes essay about castlevania characters*

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »
In Reply To #29

Not really, he was too nice as regular Soma. If I were Soma, I would killed Graham as soon as I found out he was a missionary. Stupid religious people...

Tags:

anything