Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: DVD Parental Controls  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:03:55 AM »
What the hell? This morning I put my Jesus Christ Superstar DVD in my PS2 only to have it show up with the "parental control password" thing. I have never set a password because I have never watched this DVD on my PS2 because I just got it a month ago. Apparently there is actually a password already set for this DVD. My first question is: WHY IN HELL IS THERE A PARENTAL CONTROL OPTION FOR A G-RATED MOVIE?! That makes no sense. Parental control options are stupid anyway because a kid can rent or buy a movie and play it setting up their OWN password for it, so it's not like it prevents their "young and fragile minds" from seeing all this "mind-altering footage". They can see it anyway.

I'm guessing that the people who owned this console before me had set a password for the movie. I don't know why. It just really pisses me off that I can't watch a G-Rated musical on my TV, as my PS2 IS my DVD player. I mean really, is there anything THAT BAD about Jesus nailing a few high notes in the song "Gethsemane"? REALLY?
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: DVD Parental Controls
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:06:26 AM »
That depends...is this the original we're talking here?

Or the re-make where Jesus (One being a high-pitched asian and another being an overemotional big black dude) has disciples with AK-47s and a balding Judas?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
In Reply To #1

I would just try putting in "0000" as the password. Everyone I've ever knew who had a PS2 had that as the parental control passwprd
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »
In Reply To #3

this

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
In Reply To #2
It's the 1974 one with Ted Neeley(the better version IMO).

And I tried the all 0's thing first. Then I tried all other numbers, and it still didn't work so I gave up.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: DVD Parental Controls
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »
In Reply To #2
(the better version IMO).

Indeed. I think after watching the remake I asked my teacher if it was mandatory for me to watch this with a straight face.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
What the hell? This morning I put my Jesus Christ Superstar DVD in my PS2 only to have it show up with the "parental control password" thing. I have never set a password because I have never watched this DVD on my PS2 because I just got it a month ago. Apparently there is actually a password already set for this DVD. My first question is: WHY IN HELL IS THERE A PARENTAL CONTROL OPTION FOR A G-RATED MOVIE?! That makes no sense. Parental control options are stupid anyway because a kid can rent or buy a movie and play it setting up their OWN password for it, so it's not like it prevents their "young and fragile minds" from seeing all this "mind-altering footage". They can see it anyway.

I'm guessing that the people who owned this console before me had set a password for the movie. I don't know why. It just really pisses me off that I can't watch a G-Rated musical on my TV, as my PS2 IS my DVD player. I mean really, is there anything THAT BAD about Jesus nailing a few high notes in the song "Gethsemane"? REALLY?

that's one of the drawbacks of the PS2. I don't really do consoles anymore. Put my money into my computer. Most of the stuff I want is on PC. I might get another console eventually if I can find somebody selling for cheap but not at their current prices with the economy in the shape it's in.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »
In Reply To #7

I got my 360 for 43$ a few hours and a small piece of paper with a hole in the middle later Ive got a perfectly functional 360

Tags: