Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rise  (Read 6142 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:31:43 AM »
Got my advanced tickets for IMAX, me & several of my friends will be attending the evening showing Friday. Just finished reading Knightfall, and now I'll have to watch Begins & DK again. My thoughts/review shall be posted on Saturday.

Who else here is going to watch & review it?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
I'm going to the midnight showing.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
I'll be going tomorrow mid-day.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
'Mass chaos' as 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12850048-mass-chaos-as-12-shot-dead-at-dark-knight-rises-screening-in-aurora-colorado?lite?gt1=43001

Oh great, I bet the news media blames the movie for this, too.  >:( >:( >:(

And god dammit, why is there always one asshole who does this shit?  >:(

EDIT: 12 people killed, 59 wounded.  :(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:35:22 AM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »
+1
I heard about this. It's horrible. I really feel like starting a conversation about lack of gun regulation and how criminally easy it is for people to get assault weaponry in the US. But I foresee how I'm gonna be confronted by gun-enthusiasts who would defend "their right to bear arms" no matter what. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
Jesus, that's horrible. My brother actually called me today and made sure I wasn't going to a Dark Knight rises screening because of that. Awful...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »
Went to an IMAX showing last night. It was incredible!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:12:28 PM »
I'll go see it in a week or two.

This shooting is going to be hard to forget for a lot of people.  :(

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 06:15:51 AM »
+1
Was at it last night. Though I felt nearly three hours was pushing it a bit, it was a good end to the trilogy. Thinking of going to it again.

The situation in Colorado sounds awful. To think that some random nutjob could come in and kill people who were there to have a good time - awful.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »
I heard about this. It's horrible. I really feel like starting a conversation about lack of gun regulation and how criminally easy it is for people to get assault weaponry in the US.

That's the Second Amendment for ya. It's utterly useless in today's society. The only reason why it was put into play in the first place was the fear of an invasion attempt by the British, which NEVER HAPPENED. So now out of that fear the US today is reeling out of control. If they would just get rid of it things might start to get better, but then again the US populous is so hung up on their guns they may never let go.

But I foresee how I'm gonna be confronted by gun-enthusiasts who would defend "their right to bear arms" no matter what.

They're gun junkies. Pure and simple. Just like drugs they can't get enough and then they go out and do something stupid. While I myself am a firearms enthusiast I don't go out of my way to use guns as they do and I don't even have real guns either. Just realistic replicas that will never actually shoot and that's fine with me. All in all I feel that the Second Amendment was one of the biggest screw-ups in early American history. Even without it everyone would have been called upon to defend their freedom so in other words the Second Amendment is entirely useless. After watching 'Bowling for Columbine' did I truly get a sense of the ugliness.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
That's the Second Amendment for ya. It's utterly useless in today's society. The only reason why it was put into play in the first place was the fear of an invasion attempt by the British, which NEVER HAPPENED.

Um, there was a bit of an incident in 1812 that sort of caused the White House to be burned by guys in red coats.

But I otherwise I do agree that gun laws are far too lax. I say this as a guy who hunts every fall/winter. But if the shooting of a Congresswoman can't bring reasonable gun control, I don't know what will.

But it looks like people are still turning out in droves to watch this, so at least the murderous creep isn't going to ruin the film for everyone.

Anyways, I'm seeing it tonight. No amount of crazy is going to stop me from seeing my batmens.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Also...

That's the Second Amendment for ya. It's utterly useless in today's society. The only reason why it was put into play in the first place was the fear of an invasion attempt by the British, which NEVER HAPPENED.

Sorry, that isn't correct. The second amendment is the loop hole in place to forcibly 'reboot' the government should it stray enough from it's original intentions.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
Except for the fact that under the patriot act, such an uprising would be branded as "terrorists" and treated as enemy combatants.

Under this thinking, the founding fathers would be considered terrorists.

I'm not saying that I agree with that, just that it is law.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
Any revolt to a government is betrayal and terrorism to that government. This is nothing new, or unique to America.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
Awesome movie.
Kinda long but still pretty great.  I like that it wraps things up in its own universe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: