do you believe in the paranormal?

yes
11 (61.1%)
no
3 (16.7%)
maybe
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: paranormal phenomena  (Read 7951 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
tell me about your paranormal experiences, if any

ever see any entities out the corner of your eye? experience any peculiar deja-vu? ghost sightings? witness anything strange in the sky/distance? did you believe any strange stories your relatives may have told you?

I'll start. when i was 8 or 9 years old, i always hated using the bathroom in my basement. it wasn't necessarily creepy, it's just that at night i didn't like going down there. one particular night, for whatever reason i was using the shower down there. i don't remember exactly how much time has passed, but i looked downward to the drain & witnessed a.. thing snapping it's jaws, as if it was trying to drink the shower water! i was shocked, i just stared at it for several seconds as it was just snapping it's jaws together, in like 2 second intervals. i ran upstairs to tell my mom, and when she came back down to check it out, it was gone.

nowadays, my rational mind tells me it must have been some kind of sewer snake or perhaps a rat that got caught in the drainage, and it just creeped up at the exact time i was showering. most people would say "you were young, you prolly imagined it," but some things in life you just never forget, and this "event" was one of em. i know i wasn't hallucinating or anything; i even drew pictures of it

(click to show/hide)

and that's it. till this day i have no idea exactly what it was, it could've been anything. but i know it was real and i'll never forget it.

how about you?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »
Let's just say where I'm from, these things do happen quite a bit, though they're less monstrous and more spiritual in nature.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:37:45 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
Much times I have a Deja-vu, like something happened before, or perhaps I've seem the future? Who knows.
Another strange thing is that the first memory that I have in my life is a dream, about something inside the closet trying to open the door. The strange thing is that I never did have fear of this type of things, and thats as if I've born in this moment, because I simply dont know and cant remember what happened before this day, never, doesnt matter what I do (if I cant even in this specific day, remembering now will be much harder near the impossible). Also I have many nightmares about my apartment when as a kid. About monsters, or a hand or the thin air trying to pull my inside the mirror from my bathroom, or a labyrinth garden connected in my dad and mom window (wtf, thats an apartment, the window must leave you in thin air, not another building).

Sine as a kid I've experienced that, so these anormal things doesnt scare me like they scare another normal people.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
I've seen a shadow cat, and several ghosts. I've experienced Deja'vu several times, as well as interesting synchronicities.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
 I didnt know that word until now, but some synchronicities happened with me too. Like encountering 2 or more friends in unexpected places in unexpected hour, with them being separate with other, not hanging out. Since I didnt go out of my house frequently, I found it very strange that just in the day that I go out they appear in the same place. Also I've already found a friend in PlayCenter, in the day of my anniverssary some years ago, but we dont combined anything and he didnt even knew about that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »
I've often dreamt of places I've never been to before long before I go there. Things match perfectly too- architectural layout, landscaping, furniture, graffiti on the walls, the function of the place-and these weren't mundane little places either. They were places that related to people & events that played significant parts in my life. It's fantastic & eerie all at once. I've sometimes dreamed of people I've not yet met too, though that has been very rare & isolated.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:06:39 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »
I rarely remember my dreams but a lot of times when I do I see the things I dreamed about in rl. It can be a day or even a year down the road but Ill see it. It never makes sense at all in my dream I wake up thinkin wtf... then it happens in rl and the part I remember from my dream make perfect sense. The first time it happened my mind was blown. But its happened so often since then I just kinda smile to mself and go on

As for ghosts and such... Nothin really huge but one night I was at a friends house and her dad had a pool table. We played pool all the time and my last few years in HS I was at her house more than my own. So it wasnt uncommon for me to be there late at night. One night a bit after she fell asleep I was sittin there watchin tv and the pool balls... racked themselves and broke... not even jokin. Scared the every lovin SHIT outta me. I told her about it the next day and she wasnt shocked at all. Shed mentioned before how her and her sisters had seen things in the house and it wasnt uncommon. She laughed when I told her how bad it scared me lol. I never stayed late there again lol

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
I am a true believer of spirits.

One day, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadowed figure. I turned to look at it. It was distinctly humanoid, but faded away quickly. I thought nothing of it at first, since it was quick. My mind playing tricks on me perhaps, I thought.

A little later that day I learned that my mother had died. The time at which I saw the shadow figure, is the same exact time she passed away.

I need no more convincing than that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:28:13 PM by uzo »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
+1
I haven't experienced synchronicity much at all, but I do remember one time I was at work during the graveyard shift. Out of boredom, I started singing some song, forgot which it was. Then I was like, "fuck it's quiet, I'll turn the radio on." So while still singing said song, I turned on the radio. Not only was that song playing on the radio, IT WAS AT THE SAME VERSE!!!!

I've never seen a ghost cat to my knowledge, or at least not definitively. However, I think maybe ghost kitties haunt my parents' house, or used to. A few nights after my first cat died, I was lying in bed with my other cat. Now, the first cat always slept at my feet, while my other cat slept by my head. That's how it always was (that second cat was always very affectionate and liked being near people's heads). Well on that one night, and only on that night, my cat was sleeping at my feet rather than by my head. I asked her, by her name, if she missed "her", of course "her" meaning the dead cat. No response. She was just a cat, so of course she wouldn't understand, right? Then I told her, again by name, that I loved her. No response. Okay, that's fine. I waited a few seconds and a thought occurred to me. I called my cat by name a couple times. No response. Usually my cats will meow in reply to me calling their name. Then I said the name of my first cat. "Meow." ... I then said I, "I miss you, Ness." "Meow." That was too creepy, so I had to be sure... "I love you, Koki." Silence. That was the only time my second cat ever slept at my feet. Even our third cat would never sleep at my feet. Even when I changed beds and moved to a different room, none of my cats would sleep at my feet. My current one does now, but for five years she either slept on my belly, thighs or shoulder, never at my legs.

Many years passed. The second cat was apparently growing senile with age and would howl randomly in the middle of the night either at the top of the stairs. I'd get out of bed and call her over, but she'd keep howling. When I would get within view of her, she'd give a cute little meow like, "Hey, what's up?" then come back to bed with me. Eventually our third cat died, but I had since moved out of the house, so I don't know if the howling increased after that. I know she still did howl nearly every other night. If it was senility, I don't know why she would always go senile in the same spot.

Eventually she too died. I went to my parents' house to do laundry and say goodbye, because my mom said she wasn't doing well in her old age. I discovered her corpse in an ice chest and ran out of the house with my clothes still soaked. A couple weeks later I went back to the house to grab my Magic: The Gathering cards and some other stuff from my old room. No one was home at the time. I said hi to my parents' new cats and fed the dog and fish. While rummaging through the stuff in my room, I suddenly felt slightly nauseous, my heart started palpitating heavily, I had trouble breathing and started sweating. For whatever reason I became absolutely terrified of my room, raced out of there and up the stairs to the dining room. As soon as I got to the top of the stairs, the feeling of fear subsided and I could breathe easily again, although my heart was still racing and I was shaking all over. I hastily grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house and didn't go back there alone for quite some time. I don't know what made me so uneasy. The circuit breaker was in the basement too, but it was nowhere near my room and I had no problems with being in the rec room or laundry room or even the downstairs bathroom (anyone that's watched Ghost Hunters should know what I'm talking about). I think there was one outlet in that wall I was near. In the two or three years I'd stayed in that room, I never had problems with it. But that one day I was morbidly terrified of my former bedroom.

That wasn't the first time I thought my parents' house was haunted. I always thought there was a ghost in the basement, so I'd turn the lights on before going downstairs. My mind would play tricks on me and I'd see white apparitions at the foot of the stairs. Yeah, the same basement I ended up living in for a few years. But sometimes at night I would near noises in the kitchen. I would hear cupboards being opened and shut. I thought maybe it was my parents, so I got out of bed and peered into their bedroom. Both my parents were in bed. I'd cautiously walk downstairs to the kitchen. All the lights in the house were off. When I got to the kitchen, I turned on the light but there was nobody there. I checked a couple more times and then eventually decided it would be best to leave Slimer alone (after I saw Ghostbusters, that was the explanation I gave myself for the noises I was hearing). Now at my parents' house in the same room I slept as a little kid, I hear scratching noises, but that could be squirrels or birds. (It's still creepy, though).

Of course it's possible I just dreamed up the sounds. I know for a fact I'm a sleepwalker. They say sleepwalkers don't know they do it, but I've found myself literally walking around a bedroom, dorm room, whole condo, or even an entire house either unaware of where I am, thinking I'm in a completely different building with interactive objects (those were some of the trippiest walks), unable to see anyone else even when I know they're right in front of me, or seeing Muppets instead of people. ... I was very young. Woke up one night and looked in my parents' room. I didn't see them. I figured they were in the hot tub. So I walked downstairs, to the kitchen, and opened the back door. I looked outside (I remember the cold of the night on the screen door) but the hot tub was covered up and no one was out there. So I closed the door and locked it back up. I didn't check the basement (it was too scary), but thought maybe I just didn't see my parents the first time. They must be in their bed. So I walked back upstairs and this time actually went into my parents' room. I walked up to my dad's side and looked down at the bed. To my surprise, I saw Animal where my dad should have been and Miss Piggy where my mom should have been (she's not fat, so I dunno why it was Miss Piggy). I think I just turned around and went back to bed after that. You're laughing now, but that shit is traumatic to a little kid!

I do believe in guardian angels. That's the least selfish way to put it. The alternative is God loves me and doesn't want anything too bad to happen to me. I just know there's been so much shit in my life that could have either maimed me or killed me and I've walked away without even so much as a scratch. I don't believe in luck because I can't win shit, so I believe someone or something is protecting me. ... And I ain't gonna intentionally test that theory; I'll just say, "if you're out there, thank you," and try to live my life in relative safety.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »
Oh yeah, then there was the day my aunt died. That shit fucked me up good. She was in the hospital because of cancer-related pneumonia. My dad called me and said he didn't know how much longer she had to live, so I got ready to go visit her after work.

However on that same day before I got to the hospital, I got a call from my stepdad and eventually a call from my half-brother that my mom had run away from home. My parents had gotten into a huge fight and my stepdad broke shit. My stepdad traced her debit card to a hotel near where I currently live, so after work instead of going to the hospital right away, I visited my mom. After talking with her for an hour or so, I told her I had to go see my aunt because dad said she was dying. As I left the hotel, I called my dad and asked him how things were. There was laughing in the background and he explained that my aunt had suddenly gotten better, was sitting upright in bed, talking coherently, and everyone there was in good spirits. So I told him I was tired and would stop by the hospital the next day if she was still there.

The next day I went to work as always. Near the end of my shift, I got a text from my dad that my aunt lapsed into a coma and they'd be removing her from life support. So after work I went straight to the hospital. When I got to the ICU, the attending nurse greeted me and asked what my relation to the patient was. I told her and she went back inside for a minute. She came back out, told me I could go in, then asked me bluntly if that would be my first time ever watching someone die. I told her yes and she lead me to my aunt's room. My dad, stepmom, stepsister, a family friend, my eldest cousin, and his girlfriend were standing around my aunt who looked like shit (I know, what did I expect?).

Everyone said hi to me and my dad told me my grandparents were in another room. My aunt had been off life support for a few hours and most of the people there had been there for quite some time. My younger cousin apparently was too busy at work and called to ask how things were going. Needless to say, my dad is still pissed off about that. But anyway, after an hour or so the EKG started beeping loudly and her vitals started dropping. I looked over at her, then at the monitor, then back at her, then at the monitor. Suddenly the beeping stopped and the lights turned green (it wasn't one of those ones like in the movies that just beep-beep-beeps in time with the pulse) and her vitals slowly rose. This went on for about 30 or so minutes.

Silently, trying to telepathically project my thoughts, I said goodbye to my aunt. Then I prayed. Kinda. It wasn't simply a "Dear God, please take good are of her," types of prayers. This was more along the lines of, "Thank you for letting me be here to say goodbye, but then why the fuck didn't you give me that chance with any of my cats? What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking asshole?! Quit wasting everyone's time and just fucking take her already. It's been long enough!" No sooner had I finished that last thought, the EKG alarm went off.

This time it was different, though. Before, the display was yellow and the vitals slowly decreased. This time the display flashed red and the numbers rapidly dropped. I quickly looked over at my aunt. I heard my dad say, "Just let go, Joyce." I heard my cousin say, "It's okay mom. We'll be okay."

Then the EKG went silent. Everyone looked up at the monitor in surprise. The lights went back to green. The vital signs slowly, steadily increased. Everyone laughed uneasily. Except for me. Again, I prayed. "Fuck. You're kidding me. No fucking way. That was just coincidence." I waited. The vitals were low but steady. I grew impatient and prayed one more time. "If you're trying to prove something to me, then go ahead. Do it now. Quit fucking around with her life. Quit fucking around with theirs [my family]. End this already."

About a minute later, the attending nurse walked in, said a prayer for my aunt, then turned off the monitor. My grandparents never saw me that day. I stayed by my dad until he started calling other relatives and friends. I snuck out of the hospital and headed home while everyone was distracted. God made it pretty clear to me that day: "Religion or no religion, I am real and you will fucking know it."
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
Those are some very vivid accounts there TheouAegis! But What really caught my eye was this excerpt:

While rummaging through the stuff in my room, I suddenly felt slightly nauseous, my heart started palpitating heavily, I had trouble breathing and started sweating. For whatever reason I became absolutely terrified of my room, raced out of there and up the stairs to the dining room. As soon as I got to the top of the stairs, the feeling of fear subsided and I could breathe easily again, although my heart was still racing and I was shaking all over. I hastily grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house and didn't go back there alone for quite some time. I don't know what made me so uneasy.

Has anyone else lived in that house (more specifically in that room) before you and your family ever lived there? Do you know of it's history? What you described sounds very much like a negative presence. The nausea and stifling, choking atmosphere are usually tall-tail signs that a dark negative presence is around you. Maybe you haven't noticed it before because of your cats as cats are guardians of the underworld according to ancient Egyptian lore. If I were you I'd check out that house's history and see if there's anything that would have cause what you've experienced.

As for me... Nothing. I believe, I understand and yet I've experienced absolutely nothing. No visitations, no ghosts, no guardian angels, no visions, no nothing. It's very depressing and heartbreaking when you hear about all these interesting stories and be the only one you know of that cannot be apart of it in anyway shape or form.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
I got nothing either. Sometimes I wish I had a paranormal experience happening to me, but then I immediately change my mind because I probably would get a heart attack or something, lol.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
Well, since I've tried to come more close to that type of things and accept them, they stopped, only happens very occasionally (the creepier ones), but that synchronicity started to happen more times.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
I haven't really had any paranormal experiences. Now my mom is a completely different story. She told me she saw all kinds of things in the house I grew up in, from fairies outside, to a "demon", to an Native American spirit in my sister's bedroom. I never actually saw anything while I lived there though. Apparently there used to be a nice garden outside my old house before I was born, and that's where my mom saw the fairies. The demon story is kind of creepy. Apparently it was telling my mom to kill my uncle and my aunt (this is when they were younger) and my uncle had to stick his hand through it to turn on the light. They were all freaked out. I guess when they were younger my grandma was really into the occult, and they think my grandma summoned that thing into the house. Eventually my grandma moved out and they think whatever she summoned went with her. I guess that must be true since I didn't see anything while I lived there, and my mom never really saw anything after I was born either.

My experiences are more psychic than paranormal. For example, I always know when one of them is going to call me before my phone rings. Or I always run into my friends in places I wouldn't expect to see them. Sometimes multiple friends on the same day. However, I think the biggest thing with me is deja-vu. Like others here, I know I've dreamed about the future before. However, it rarely happens with me. Even though I rarely dream about the future, I still get the feeling of deja-vu all the time. I just KNOW I've either done something before or seen something before. It's so weird and it always freaks me out.  :-\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »
We can talk about what parent told us too? Because I did not say because its a little private, but my grandma exorcized some peoples in the past with other people from the church (we call them brothers or sisters here, my family is evangelic.) and she have seen a boy with a tail too, he disliked kids and tried to attack them too, also one time in a church a man possesed climbed up in the walls outside wit his own hands and started to break the glass windows from the sister's side of the church, to try to harm them, also one of my aunts have been possesed various times when young, after they discovered that the people in a house near them have made ocultic ritual (Macumba) because they worshiped evil spirits and they wanted to my aunt marry their son. They breaked this evil magic when they found that a black dead chicken has been buried in my grandma's yard by these people. so my grandma with some other brothers from church removed the chicken and prayied, thus removing that "curse". She says that a possesed person have almost 3x or 4x strenght. That are stories told to me by my mother, grandmother and my aunt, I didnt believe that the 3 would create this so ellaborate story only to make a great lie, so thats a true story.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: