Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: When was the closest that you ever felt to being a vampire?  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
When was the closest that you ever felt to being a vampire?
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »
After the army I used to work at a woodshop in a big factory. We  were making huge wooden boxes by sawing planks and pinning them together to make boxes. Needless to say it was a very noisy and harmful job, and we all used to wear earplugs and protective glasses. However, avoiding all that sawdust in the air wasn't easy, and once I got some stuck in my eye and couldn't work anymore. I went to the factory medic, and he gave me those eye-drops, and I suppose it helped but for a couple of hours I was completely vampirized.
Every time I was exposed to direct sunlight my eyes hurt like hell. I was suffering as I ran through sunlight, hiding in the shadows. The pain, man, the pain! I never used eyedrops before, and that was when I totally felt like a vampire.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: When was the closest that you ever felt to being a vampire?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 01:08:23 AM »
at the eye doctor, when they do a certain kind of study, they give you eye drops that  dilate your pupils, making ANY sunlight REAL painful, since they are wiiiide open.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »
Working overnights for over 5 years and thereby keeping the hours that a vampire keeps.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:01 AM »
This summer, when i was working 18-19 hours per day, 6 days a week.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Waking up one morning during my early elementary school years and finding out that stepping out into a brightly lit hallway from my dark room seriously hurt my eyes. Try as I might, I just couldn't leave my dark room for almost an hour till my eyes finally smartened up and started to dilate properly. Pissed me off as I thought I would be late for school.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
I guess the only time I've felt like a vampire is when my sister met this girl I liked. She told my sister that she(my sister) had vampire teeth like your brother(me)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
At my last job I worked a lot of overtime and had to wake up early/leave early to make it there in the morning. So during the winter I never saw the light of day. I was on the fence as to whether I missed the feel of the warm sun on my skin or could have continued on like that forever.

Other times are when I accidentally bit myself in my mouth (cheek, lip, whatever) and all I could taste was blood.

But those aren't super special...my wife is slightly anemic so she will start to feel weak until she eats some red meat. Which I suppose to more vampire feeling than I get.  ;D

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
+1
Whenever I drink red wine, I feel like a vampire.
*pours another glass of pinot noir*

fuck you 'p' key! get depressed when i poke you!
fuck you 'o' key! stay in your own column!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Every day, cause I sleep while the sun is up and play when the it's down.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 02:13:05 AM »
Every day, cause I sleep while the sun is up and play when the it's down.

That sounds like me, for the 2 last months......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »
Never!
Now if you'll excuse me, it's nearly dawn and I should get some sleep.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »
When I took a bite out of the neighbor's dog.

...oops, I meant to say working nights. People also assume that I get tons of sleep, too, since I sleep through the day. WTF
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
We can all be somewhat like vampires now and again.But whenever I see someone have sunburn i'll usually say¨It's a vampire run away everybody!"

Fortunately for me can't seem to get sunburn for some reason.

Maybe i'm holy?
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
In a metaphysical sense I've felt closer to being a werewolf than ever a vampire.
On a physical level, every time I get shit-faced hangover and someone opens the shade to a window facing me before I have a chance to naturally rise from my torpor.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »
Yesterday around dusk, I was attending a Christmas Party in NYC.
I was on my way to my bus stop, and was wearing a nice red button-up shirt and white tie (Christmas! :D), with a black vest and black pinstripe slacks, and my winter jacket and white scarf with my hair down.

This middleschool kid and his friend pass me by and say "hey my mans, hey my mans, my mans! It ain't Halloween!"

I ignored them but in my mind I was like "LOLWUT"
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: