Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVD forums 'Awards' function, lol!  (Read 6055 times)

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:26:27 AM »
Lol, where the heck did I get those 'awards' under my avatar!?  ;D Since I'm new to the new forum system, I don't have a clue how the page gave me these and how, *GASP!* well it knows me! >:-D Haha, I bet Jorge gave them?

Anyways, kudos for such a fine feature, it rubbed my ego a bit and more importantly, made me smile!  ;)

Any of you newer kids  ;) have fun with the 'awards'-function? I really need to sit down one day and educate myself on all these changes, since if I never do, I feel that I'm going to miss out some fun to be had!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:28:55 AM by P/\/\\/o »
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
+2
Someone's messing with my awards. I still haven't gotten The Oldie, not to mention the coveted "The Douchebag" award.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
Someone's messing with my awards. I still haven't gotten The Oldie, not to mention the coveted "The Douchebag" award.

Hmmm, the mystery deepens!  ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
There's no douchebag award! xD
The closest is 'trollmeister', though.

There's no oldie award, either (though there is SuperOld Dungeonite, which people who have been here since the olden EZBoard or Forumplanet boards).

These awards are not automatically given by posts or anything (they're not membergroups, which are given out this way).  Someone has to nominate you and then I approve of the nomination.  I don't award people unless this happens (otherwise I'd be handing awards willy-nilly haha).

Santa Count, since when have you been posting?  How far back do you go?

Paavo, there's an award thread up on the top of this forum, staked up, which gives you the details.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »
No, I meant as in "he's been inside so many women and made them wet and warm inside they should call him The Douche"

The time or registering on my  profile is accurate. Well, the actual date was fixed since the forum switch reset it, but I assume it was checked from some database as I, like most people, wished for the original date be placed back. I certainly didn't provide it. Either way, it was September 2001.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »
I think the awards are cool. In fact I think the respect system is cool too.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
+1
Fun fact if the old dungeonite counts for ForumPlanet then I do too!

Hmm...I had something interesting to say about using the web archives (wayback machine) to confirm old ForumPlanet users on CVD, but I can't seem to come up with the URL at all. Oh well!  ;D

EDIT:

Oh, here we go!
http://web.archive.org/web/20040204082612/http://www.forumplanet.com/ClassicGaming/castlevania/members.asp?l=20&mpid=&mid=

Though it seems the earliest snapshot is from 2004, but it's still a snapshot of all the old Dungeonites from at least back then! Man, looking at the site from way back in the day is a trip though.  :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:35:39 PM by TheCruelAngel »

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »
Fun fact if the old dungeonite counts for ForumPlanet then I do too!

Hmm...I had something interesting to say about using the web archives (wayback machine) to confirm old ForumPlanet users on CVD, but I can't seem to come up with the URL at all. Oh well!  ;D

EDIT:

Oh, here we go!
http://web.archive.org/web/20040204082612/http://www.forumplanet.com/ClassicGaming/castlevania/members.asp?l=20&mpid=&mid=

Though it seems the earliest snapshot is from 2004, but it's still a snapshot of all the old Dungeonites from at least back then! Man, looking at the site from way back in the day is a trip though.  :o

Looked up my profile, and lol happened: Some of my selected threads were:

Oct�18, 03   Quick help cons. gaming radio!!!
Oct�17, 03   [Poll] Lament sampler songs...
Oct�17, 03   Why did Moonchilde/Jeust Belmondo go nutz? ;D
Oct�17, 03   Ripped forum game (for the OT of course b`yoth!)
Oct�11, 03   Am I hallucinating... ;D
Oct�10, 03   Thumbs up soldier! t:Tha Blue
Oct�10, 03   [Poll] Wasted poll! ;D
Oct�10, 03   I got Smacked down at Smackdown! ;D
Oct�08, 03   N-Gage: anyone?
Oct�03, 03   Too drunk... ;D

LMAO!

;D ;D ;D
edit: and my custom title was: From n00b to king of OT! (=off topic) ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:05:19 AM by P/\/\\/o »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 06:03:54 AM »
+2
Maybe it's because I've got Asperger's, but I remember some of those vividly. That time there was that court case and the way you heartwarmingly supported the N-Gage  :)

Still got the thing? If it isn't already a rarity, it's on the road to becoming one.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:58 AM »
Maybe it's because I've got Asperger's, but I remember some of those vividly. That time there was that court case and the way you heartwarmingly supported the N-Gage  :)

Still got the thing? If it isn't already a rarity, it's on the road to becoming one.

I remember vividly being assaulted by the security in a Smackdown show!  ;D 'twas fun, I deserved it! LMAO! ;D

I still got my N-Gage, QD might I add, but it's not being actively used. It never was that much, though. It was the beginning of mobile gaming, before it got mainstream with the iPhone. BUT, I own the only three dimensional (polygons, bay bay! ;D) Elder Scrolls game, ever relesed for a portable system, for t3h N-Gaeckk! Now that I can hold in high regards, if nothing else.  :)

There's no oldie award, either (though there is SuperOld Dungeonite, which people who have been here since the olden EZBoard or Forumplanet boards).

These awards are not automatically given by posts or anything (they're not membergroups, which are given out this way).  Someone has to nominate you and then I approve of the nomination.  I don't award people unless this happens (otherwise I'd be handing awards willy-nilly haha).

Santa Count, since when have you been posting?  How far back do you go?

Paavo, there's an award thread up on the top of this forum, staked up, which gives you the details.

Jorge, I nominate A-yty aka Santa Count for the 'SuperOld Dungeonite'-award! He might've registered and thus been around even before my time...but by not much though, I reminice? We both registered in 2002, right, A-yty? Obviouly, I've been around since Circa 1997, but it doesn't really count.

Anywh00, is there a something of the likes of a 'controversial ICVD member'-award? Since I had a long, controversial, yet lovely 'career' in there, too!  ;D And P.S. I've been there secretly for awhile now, again!

P.S. There NEEDS to be a 'heavy smileys-user' and 'a heavy editor of one's posts'-awards! Somebody make them happen, at least the smiley-award! I deserve and want it!

:mrgreen ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:06:11 AM by P/\/\\/o »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »
It was 12th of September 2001, possibly even a couple of days earlier when I joined. But definitely that month and that year. It was one of the mods or admin(s) who recovered the date and I assume it wasn't just a guess. I tried checking myself from that Archive link, but I can't remember the username I had back then.

It was either late 2002 or early 2003 that you registered at CVDF. I remember being here for about a year and it was soon after you joined here that LV began.

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:24 AM »
It was 12th of September 2001, possibly even a couple of days earlier when I joined. But definitely that month and that year. It was one of the mods or admin(s) who recovered the date and I assume it wasn't just a guess. I tried checking myself from that Archive link, but I can't remember the username I had back then.

It was either late 2002 or early 2003 that you registered at CVDF. I remember being here for about a year and it was soon after you joined here that LV began.

Sounds about right.  :)

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 04:24:12 AM »
Congrats for Santa-Count achieving a well deserved 'oldbie'-award!  ;D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 04:26:02 AM »
Thanks, sifu  8)

Tags: