Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Share a Song!  (Read 9061 times)

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:52:44 PM »
We've garnered the music tastes of the users here before, so I know a lot of you are into metal. I dig metal from time to time, more so when I was a teenager. I mostly listen to chill music now. A lot of instrumental stuff, especially when working. Sometimes I hear cool stuff and like to pass it onto friends, making mixed CDs based on the styles I know they like, but probably haven't heard of the artist.

Here's something that is NOT metal:
Ulrich Schnauss makes some good shit. Far Away Trains Passing By is his best album, but his newest one, Goodbye, has some nice stuff too. It's a lot of what seems like incoherentness, but it's actually pretty fucking cool. The song "Medusa" would sound good in a videogame.

Ulrich Schnauss: MEDUSA
>>> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Give it a chance, it gets hyptnotically awesome at the end. Plus... free MP3 for your stockpile!
Now it is your turn to share a song you think the people here might like.

Try to post stuff you think most of us haven't heard of, but might enjoy.
And links to download MP3s would be the best. Share shomething you own if you can!

Thanks Ed for advising me on using www.mediafire.com to host my MP3 files. I suggest other people use the same site. It's pretty good.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:01:08 AM by Think Tank »

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
Mastodon--Megaladon
Somewhat post-rock, metal, progressive...hard to describe really.  Just listen to whole thing.  They're one of the biggest things to hit Metal in a long time. 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CgDRfeL5lr0
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:10:34 PM by Polaris-Slain (aka Slayer) »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Think Tank

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »
In Reply To #2

It's probably better on nice speakers, and not the live videotaped version. But not bad.

Here's a song I heard today for the first time. It's pretty tight, though a bit long. It's an instumental song with a decent slow beat and spanish guitar. Very reminiscent of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker songs... But around the 6:30 mark it busts out with Metal Guitar.

Mattias IA Eklundh - The Woman in Seat 27a

I've never heard a song with this kind of beat and spanish and metal guitars at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:27:40 PM by Think Tank »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:31:21 AM »
In Reply To #2

I don't really care for Mastodon much. It's the vocal style that gets me. I'm just more of a Rob Halford fan, and I like high pitch vocals rather than growling vocals. I also like Sebastian Bach(ex Skid Roe, now solo artist).

Anyway, sometimes I go from my usual libraries of metal, and listen to something a lot more calming. David Bowie's one of my favorites for this.

Here's "Survive" by David Bowie, from his album, Hours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mHj-DeJ7-A
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Post One Song >>>
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
I was going to upload EZ Rollers breakbeat generation for you guys but Esnips suspected it as being copyrighted material. So here instead is Hipnotic by Wild... sorta classical/dance/pop crossover.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1cbe8025-8285-4f20-82a8-8e3fa95bce29/01-Hipnotic
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
One of my favorites songs is DIARY OF DREAMS - Sin Skinner!
Here you go:http://rapidshare.com/files/106721523/DIARY_OF_DREAMS_-_Sin_Skinner.mp3
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
Days of The New - Seasons Change -> http://www.mediafire.com/?1nekdcnplm1

Nice mellow song from a vastly underrated guy.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:33 PM »
In Reply To #8
Big props for the DotN support.  I burned a CD of all Travis Meeks's non-album tracks, including Seasons Change.  I think my favorite is The Sun, since it's got the same sound as the Green album.

In Reply To #1
Great thread idea.  I hope people actually check out the contributions rather than just using this to whore out their favorite tracks on everybody else.  The Ulrich Schnauss was something completely new for me.  I'm not sure I can even classify that into a certain genre.  I guess some blend of industrial/electronica/ambience?  I can see parts of it going well with some action scenes from The Matrix.

The Mattias IA Eklundh though...that was pretty sweet.  I was really digging the acoustic guitar.  Combined with the sound effects, it really paints a vivid picture in my mind.  Something like a japanese guy in a business suit and sunglasses sitting on a park bench at night in a small garden or gazebo, playing guitar to himself.  But then the electric guitar came in which was completely unexpected but actually went pretty well with the rest.  I'll definitely be keeping that track on my hard drive.

In Reply To #2
Metal isn't really my thing.  I used to listen to it when I was younger, but not much anymore, except for the occasional Metallica or Megadeth or Malmsteen.  I did listen to the tune all the way through, but it's just not the kind of thing I enjoy.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
I suppose I should post something too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:17:53 PM by Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid »

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 11:27:09 PM »
In Reply To #6
I loved the first half of this track.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:32:16 PM by Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid »

Offline Mr Sven

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
I thought it would be nice if i could share my (almost) entire music collection with you guys.

so heres a link

http://winamp.orb.com/orb/html/indexSharing.html?l=svenkirby&partner=winamp&lang=en_US_winamp&app=audio&mediumId=OF45nALD&email=sven416%40hotmail.com

Just a note though, you can only listen to this while i have winamp remote up and running. so for those of you guys in the US your gonna have to be online at UK times ;-)
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Think Tank

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »
So many songs to listen to. This is excellent. Too bad people keep using rapidshare to host them. If you're not a member you can only download 1 file every 25 minutes. RAPIDSHARE SUCKS guys. So I'm excited to hear them all, but will have to check back later, since I exceeded my DL limit for now.

However, I did get 2 songs...

In Reply To #9
Sounds like you have similar feeling regarding music and people's taste in it as I do. I can be a snob at times. In reality, like most people, I am into almost all types of music to a certain extent. There's even some catchy pop songs I like from my youth, but that's just because it brings back memories, not because it's a great song. 

I suppose it's easy to judge people's tastes based on a small selection of songs. For me, what I posted so far doesn't sum me up at all. To find one or even three songs that I think are the best of everything I'm into would be impossible. Right now I'm listening to Led Zepplin's "Tangerine." And although I'm not into metal anymore, I still sometimes play Cowboy's From Hell to remind me of the good ol' days.

I haven't heard that Genesis song before. Pretty fucking cool. I zoned out to it for a while, which means it's perfect for me because this is the kind of music I listen to when doing artwork. There's a part, around 4:30, that sounds similar to some old Manheim Steamroller stuff.

Thanks for the in-depth comments.

In Reply To #8
Excellent tune. I expected something completely different when I heard it was Days of the New. Not that that's a bad thing. I used to be into DotN in high school. But that song was way better than I expected. Pretty nice guitar in there.

In Reply To #12
Wow, nice gesture.
Thanks!

Now I'm starting to worry that if I keep posting this relaxed instrumental stuff it will be too pussy compared to the crafty stuff I've seen in here so far.

Offline Mr Sven

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
Relaxed instrumental stuff is the best kind, Most of my collection is entirely devoid of lyrics - Home cookin' and one or two others have some but not many, its just far more chilled out listening to the "music" rather than someone singing over it, i find that spoils at lot of tracks.

- Winamp remotes running now btw...
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Think Tank

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »
In Reply To #14

Then I think you will like this. Complex yet very minimalistic. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite instrumental artists, Tortoise. I suppose they aren't totally unheard of, but always worth getting people into it. We used this song in our first short film 8 years ago...

Tortoise - Ten-Day Interval

I'm gonna break my own thread rule. Screw what I said before, if you have a couple songs to share than post whatever. I just want to hear more new music!

Chillaxin to the maxin...

Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits

This album cover cracks me up. Don't judge a book by its cover. By looking at that cheesy artwork you would assume it's an album of chicano street beats or something you'd bump in the hood. Psyche! It's actually well-paced, gorgeous orchestratic magic... with a subtle groove.

In Reply To #10

I've listened to that GENESIS song at least 10 times. It is excellent. I put it on a mixed tape (CD) I made for a friend. I do that a lot when I hear something I think a friend will like. Thanks for introducing me to it.

Here's the cover / track listing for the mixed cd i put the song on. It might me hard to spot, but it's in there.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:14:00 AM by Think Tank »

Tags:

anything