Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC  (Read 147073 times)

Offline machetespeghetti

• Hunter in Training
  • Maria?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
You steal gamer's souls and make them your slaves. Mankind ill needs the opinions of you.
hmmmm ........... I wonder whats for dinner?

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Die Thomas Belmont you don't belong in this world!

Geez, you don't have to be so mean. Again, as I said earlier, you may not like that I have a different opinion than yours, but at least I give my reasons why.

Offline machetespeghetti

• Hunter in Training
  • Maria?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
hmmmm ........... I wonder whats for dinner?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »
+1
You guys can stop now.

Anyway, it's funny in hindsight how all those "Please make 1999 IGA" comments on his Facebook wall actually had effect on him, despite that he ignored them all. Heh. 

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »
+2
I will always be eternally baffled why everyone suddenly renamed Simon's theme to Dance of the Holy Man. Like every single OST and in-game sound test has always had it as Theme of Simon Belmont. I'M AN OLD MAN AND I DON'T LIKE THIS CHANGE

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »
Thanks for posting the link. You know what? As much as I hate what he did to the series, story line wise, he seems like a really nice guy.
Absolutely. C'mon people, at least lets acknowledge that IGA was as much of a fan of Castlevania as you or me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
Anyway, it's funny in hindsight how all those "Please make 1999 IGA" comments on his Facebook wall actually had effect on him, despite that he ignored them all. Heh.
He has a facebook?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »
Absolutely. C'mon people, at least lets acknowledge that IGA was as much of a fan of Castlevania as you or me.

iGA doesnt wear custom made Simon Belmont underwear

>_>

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
I hope people pay attention to his interview.  He's got a lot of good stuff to say there. 

Anyone else feel it's a little disrespectful to him for the interviewer to keep going "but why weren't you working on it?", he's not going to want to say "Yeah they took the franchise away from me and that sucked", even if that was true.

On an off-topic note it's also sad how he compliments MS's skill at art, because now that lead artist is gone...

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20:13 AM »
He has a facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/koji.igarashi1?fref=ts

You can friend him if you want, he likes all fans and approves everyone. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »
Anyone else feel it's a little disrespectful to him for the interviewer to keep going "but why weren't you working on it?", he's not going to want to say "Yeah they took the franchise away from me and that sucked", even if that was true.
That's Kotaku for you.
On an off-topic note it's also sad how he compliments MS's skill at art, because now that lead artist is gone...
RIP Mercury Steam.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
+3
I feel like the interviewer wanted Igarashi to be bitter or say that he had the series taken from him against his wishes. I also feel like he missed the point of Cox's statement on Mega Man. There's nothing wrong with being like Mega Man but Cox meant that, he didn't want Castlevania to end up dead.. deader... undeader? ..est?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
RIP Mercury Steam.

months before los2 was released cox had already confirmed mercurysteam was already knee-deep in a new project

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »
I feel like the interviewer wanted Igarashi to be bitter or say that he had the series taken from him against his wishes. I also feel like he missed the point of Cox's statement on Mega Man. There's nothing wrong with being like Mega Man but Cox meant that, he didn't want Castlevania to end up dead.. deader... undeader? ..est?
agreed. author totally missed the point of cox's Megaman comparison.

on bitterness, i think it was meant to emphasize or show that he was really NOT bitter, despite fans calling bloody murfer and conspiracy. that it was partially his decision and that he was completely ok with los and his "replacement"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything