Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Batman Vs. Superman Official  (Read 19045 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:32:13 AM »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
I'm really not sure what the whole obsession is for people to want Superman and Batman duke it out. For god sakes they are in two totally different leagues. Not even Batman's technology will bring him up to par. Unless he has a chunk of Kryptonite on hand he won't succeed. It's no different then watching Superman going head to head with Captain Marval all the time they have the two in the same show. It does get very repetitive real fast. I'll probably watch this flick anyways but won't be that enamored by it. I would have much rathered they made a Batman/Superman movie during the Christopher Reeve/Micheal Keaton days, and not a 'one verses the other' either. It may be too early to judge this film but I have my doubts as to whether or not it'll pan out the way everyone hopes it will. My brother feels it's going to tank and he's usually right when it comes to his gut feeling. If he's wrong then he'll be pleasantly surprised like a kid out of school.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »
I'm really not sure what the whole obsession is for people to want Superman and Batman duke it out. For god sakes they are in two totally different leagues. Not even Batman's technology will bring him up to par. Unless he has a chunk of Kryptonite on hand he won't succeed. It's no different then watching Superman going head to head with Captain Marval all the time they have the two in the same show. It does get very repetitive real fast. I'll probably watch this flick anyways but won't be that enamored by it. I would have much rathered they made a Batman/Superman movie during the Christopher Reeve/Micheal Keaton days, and not a 'one verses the other' either. It may be too early to judge this film but I have my doubts as to whether or not it'll pan out the way everyone hopes it will. My brother feels it's going to tank and he's usually right when it comes to his gut feeling. If he's wrong then he'll be pleasantly surprised like a kid out of school.

Just waiting for the Batman argument. Have you watch The Dark Knight Strikes Returns?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:11:53 PM »
+1
Have you watch The Dark Knight Strikes Returns?

lol, the what??
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
lol, the what??

So you never watched or read The Dark Knight Returns or The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

Explains alot in your logic.

You should look the comic or the DC movie based on the comic up. The comic is even voice acted on Youtube pretty good.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 08:43:49 PM »
Explains alot in your logic.

I'm not sure where you drew this conclusion from but there was no logic involved on my side. Hence the lol.

So you never watched or read The Dark Knight Returns or The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

I've seen The Dark Knight Returns now that you've reminded me. It wasn't bad and the addition of a female Robin over the typical male role was a unique twist that was interesting. I've just looked up The Dark Knight Strikes Again and it sounds like a real nightmare world. Do these to animated flicks have anything to do with how the movie is going to be presented?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
Yes!
"Dawn of Justice" hehehe... nice. Justice League.
This really is a great period for comic book movies.

My only question is: Why are there no shots of Wonder Woman?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 01:38:31 AM »
While not totally convinced by the pitch/movie, the aestethics and ambience seem to be really good.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:18 AM »
I'm not sure where you drew this conclusion from but there was no logic involved on my side. Hence the lol.

I've seen The Dark Knight Returns now that you've reminded me. It wasn't bad and the addition of a female Robin over the typical male role was a unique twist that was interesting. I've just looked up The Dark Knight Strikes Again and it sounds like a real nightmare world. Do these to animated flicks have anything to do with how the movie is going to be presented?
I was talking about how you drew the conclusion of how Batman couldn't beat Superman and his technology would be inferior to a battle with Superman. That undermines the whole plot of The Dark Knight Returns. By that logic Lex Luthor couldn't even beat Superman and that is definitely not the  case.

Dawn of Justice is heavily influenced by The Dark Knight Returns.

A proper argument would be who is more popular Superman or Batman?

In my opinion Batman is more popular than Superman, but Superman might be more iconic than Batman.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »
I was talking about how you drew the conclusion of how Batman couldn't beat Superman and his technology would be inferior to a battle with Superman. That undermines the whole plot of The Dark Knight Returns.

Oh this is what you meant. It wasn't clear the first time. When it comes to doing movies about superheros it's a far different story then doing say, doing a comic book or a cartoon. Superhero movies are a different breed entirely and are more based in reality then cartoons or comics. This is why I'm not convinced about Batman being able to tackle Superman with just using earth tech because it simply won't cut it. That and the physical laws apply more in movies then they do in comics or cartoons. Think about where Superman comes from; A much heavier gravity-based world then earth. Any metals (and I do mean any metals) that are based on earth Superman can wreck it very easily because of earth's low gravity. It just won't be convincing for me unless Batman has some sort of trump card ie Kryptonite. This would be essential in order to weaken Superman's dense molecular structure in order to land a proper hit.

By that logic Lex Luthor couldn't even beat Superman and that is definitely not the  case.

Good always triumphs over evil. It's universal law. Aside from that, in all the movies Lex was all about using his intelligence to beat Superman and not engaging him in physical combat with a tech suit, which is more in line with his character then recently shown in the cartoons. Heck Nuclear man was an original idea and an original super villain that came from Lutor's intellect and he didn't have to lift a finger to challenge Superman which is more convincing to me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:38:54 AM by X »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »
Superhero movies are a different breed entirely and are more based in reality then cartoons or comics.
What?!  ;D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 02:40:54 PM »
I was hopeful but that trailer pretty much confirmed it's going to be shit. I'll wait to borrow a bluray from someone later when it comes out.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »
I actually think the trailer for this looks better than the latest one for Star Wars 7. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 10:46:23 PM »
What?!  ;D

Yeay! I gotta happyface grin response from you  :) I was worried that I insulted you due to Batman being your favorite character. That was not the intention.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:26 AM »
I'll probably head to it when it airs, but I can't say I'm overly excited - for two reasons, MOS was not the Superman movie we needed IMO, and ZACK SNYDER. The guy's a hack. Plus I have reservations about Batfleck.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Tags: