Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Help finding a fanfic  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
H'okay, so, long ago, roundabout 1998-1999 to be precise, a young Laina, enamored with the pairing of Maria & Alucard, became curious about their story in the aftermath of Dracula's destruction at the end of SotN. Browsing the CVD for answers, I came across a fanfic that went into great detail about the very thing I'd been searching for. I can't remember the title of it, but I do remember that in it Alucard gets caught in a bear trap while in wolf form at some point & is then taken by Maria to a barber in the middle of the night to be stitched up. Then Maria takes a bath or somethng at an inn way late into it, like multiple chapters up in the thing (it was LONG)...I can't recall a lot of the in-between, but point being I remember liking it, which was rare for me & I wanted to see of it still held such clout with me as an adult. Anyone have any ideas if it's still around somewhere, or was it lost to the aether in the move years ago? Anyone else even remember it? Know the author maybe? I'm just jonesing for some CV here guys & since Konami has saw fit to say "fuck it" wherever CV is concerned (unless gambling & digital tits are involved), I'll take my fix however I can get it...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:06:28 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
Hmm...do you remember if the fanfic was only posted here at the CVD, or mirrored at FFn or something? If it was at the CVD, I'm not sure how much stuff from 1998-99 is still around, since we have moved a couple times :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that it was a "here only" thing... -_-
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:09:24 AM »
Hey, I remember that fic...  I'm curious now as well about it.  I can't see it on the CV Dungeon main website's fanfic list sadly.  I'm just trying to think whether ive seen it elsewhere as well, such as on ff.net.  I remember that Alucard got rather annoyed at the barber guy for doing a bad job of sewing up his wounds.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 08:38:04 AM »
Hey, I remember that fic...  I'm curious now as well about it.  I can't see it on the CV Dungeon main website's fanfic list sadly.  I'm just trying to think whether ive seen it elsewhere as well, such as on ff.net.  I remember that Alucard got rather annoyed at the barber guy for doing a bad job of sewing up his wounds.

Yes! He was super pissed because the barber initially said that the arm probably couldn't even be saved, but after Alucard threatened him, he patched him up, crappily & they went about their way in the morning. I checked ff.net to no avail...I'm afraid it's been lost to time... -_-
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »
Way back Machine for the Dungeon's fanfic archive?  Was it this fic as well that had Maria braiding Al's hair after he had a bath as she refused to cut it?  I seem to remember him taking bat form and nestling in her hair at some point.

I've always been sad that Lady Lunar Phoenix took down Second Wave of Tears.  I love the replacement, Aria of the Ascending Soul, but I miss Second Wave.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »
Way back Machine for the Dungeon's fanfic archive?  Was it this fic as well that had Maria braiding Al's hair after he had a bath as she refused to cut it?  I seem to remember him taking bat form and nestling in her hair at some point.

I've always been sad that Lady Lunar Phoenix took down Second Wave of Tears.  I love the replacement, Aria of the Ascending Soul, but I miss Second Wave.

Ya know, I'm fairly certain that was it now that you mention it, the refusal to cut his hair part. Was that the name of it? Second Wave of Tears?
Groove is in the heart.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »
Nope.  Second Wave of Tears was another fic that's vanished off the net.

Tags: