Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 english closed beta test sign ups  (Read 2903 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 english closed beta test sign ups
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen Phantasy Star step further away from its own identity then what I've seen here. Even when compared to the original Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast/Gamecube  which -though I've never finished- played many, many times. There's just too many similarities to other JRPG MMOs for it to stand out and not enough of it's own thing. Maybe down the road the final release might prove me wrong, but for now I just can't see this as being Phantasy Star. And Phantasy Star, even the online titles, has a very distinct look and feel to it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen Phantasy Star step further away from its own identity then what I've seen here. Even when compared to the original Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast/Gamecube  which -though I've never finished- played many, many times. There's just too many similarities to other JRPG MMOs for it to stand out and not enough of it's own thing. Maybe down the road the final release might prove me wrong, but for now I just can't see this as being Phantasy Star. And Phantasy Star, even the online titles, has a very distinct look and feel to it.

I tried it on PS4 with Japan PSN, it is a worthy Phantasy Star.  Much better than PSU, dude.  I like the classic PSOs myself, but PSO2 is a PSO successor done right.  I also read it added more classic Phantasy Star fanservice and nostalgia than any PSO before it.  It's gotta be localized, tho, cause as is it's like trying to live in a foreign country without knowing the language at all.   The couple hours I played around with it, it is awesome and not like other MMOs.  It has plenty of things that makes it stand out, just like how PSO is nothing like EverQuest and WoW,  PSO2 is its own sauce (and the PSO series was imitated by some developers including the makers of Destiny and to some degree DBXenoverse)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 08:09:42 PM »
My Opinion? PSO2 is the best MMO I've ever played. So much to do and nothing feels like a drag.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything