Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981643 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
+3
I imagine we'd create a sub-forum for Bloodstained specifically, or allow it in general since Iga is the champion behind it. Does the MM community allow MN9 discussion? King's Field with the Souls series? I don't know, but with how in-line BS:RotN (Rotten Bullshit?) is with a lot of CV titles I think we'd be crazy not to allow it.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #721 on: May 11, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
I've seen a few of you mention that you don't have the money at the moment.  Kickstarter won't collect until the project ends.  This will give you about a month to raise funds.  Hopefully that helps a bit.

Should we move this thread to the other forum for games that aren't Castlevania?

So far, I think this game deserves to be included in the forum's CV section.  That may change in the future as more info and gameplay is released.  But as is, it seems to at least be a stepchild of the series.  (Which is basically what Lords of Shadow is also.)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #722 on: May 11, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
+4

Done. If Jorge wants or someone else they can try editting her into the banner if she'll fit, otherwise I made one of the first sprites ever of Miriam. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:27:23 PM by OSM »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #723 on: May 11, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »
Wow I just woke up (I live on the other side of the Pacific ocean)
Info Overload!
Bloodstained looks pretty. IGA's intro video for it is also awesome.
Yes! We've been waiting for this for a long time.

So far, I think this game deserves to be included in the forum's CV section.  That may change in the future as more info and gameplay is released.  But as is, it seems to at least be a stepchild of the series.  (Which is basically what Lords of Shadow is also.)
I agree but maybe if Bloodstained becomes its own series, then it an have its own section here in the forum.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: May 11, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
+10

Here is the sprite alone.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:33:53 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #726 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »

Oh damn yours is way better than mine, nice!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
is it official konami is leaving the console gaming market or is it still just "unofficially confirmed" from various sources

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #728 on: May 11, 2015, 03:39:09 PM »
I imagine we'd create a sub-forum for Bloodstained specifically, or allow it in general since Iga is the champion behind it. Does the MM community allow MN9 discussion? King's Field with the Souls series? I don't know, but with how in-line BS:RotN (Rotten Bullshit?) is with a lot of CV titles I think we'd be crazy not to allow it.

I think it should be the General Castlevania Discussion, since this is now Castlevania transcending into Bloodstained.

In my opinion General Castlevania Discussion should be renamed, General Bloodstained Discussion after it releases and develops a fanbase, or "Castlevania & Bloodstained discussion", since they are all bonded by IGAvania creation. 

or a new board above General Castlevania Discussion,  General Bloodstained Discussion would be the new modern
discussion board for present day/new generation IGAvanias, with the lower General Castlevania Discussion representing the past IGAvanias.

a new Castlevania/Igavania series doesn't get more official and authentic than Bloodstained.    ;D

at least for now both Castlevania and Bloodstained fit in the general discussion together. 

I wouldn't call LoS a stepchild of the series, more like a wannabe reject that isn't a blood relative at all.
You could remove the Castlevania title and Belmont name, and wouldn't know LoS is a "Castlevania". 
Even Circle of the Moon is 1000 times more of a Castlevania than LoS, and it wasn't made by IGA.

meanwhile, you could combine Castlevania title with Bloodstained, and immediately see the connection. 

Every Castlevania/Igavania IGA has created since SOTN, is a masterpiece.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:42:15 PM by affinity »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #729 on: May 11, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Bloodstained is not Castlevania.
However, as its spiritual successor and hitting all the right CV notes, I can give it its own thread in HG101.

We have to treat it similarly to how we did Bloodrayne Betrayal and other non-CV titles that capture the same feeling.

Only since this is an IGA title, that thread would be Staked at the top of the subforum.

Nice sprite, guys! Tweak it up a bit, though!
I'm stealing that image macro as using it on FB.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: May 11, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »
Excellent sprites, plottwist and OSM! :D

Anyways, I agree with Jorge. A thread in HG101 might be good, though I do wonder if we might have to become a Bloodstained Ritual forum...the game seems to be very popular and I imagine it'll constitute the bulk of this place's posts for a good while!

With that said, some initial thoughts:

I've very glad to see the game doing as well as it is--fully funded for 500k in *3 hours* is no mean feat! I think the CV community can pat itself on the back for this one. However, I also think the social media people deserve a good deal of credit as well. I gotta say, the #swordorwhip campaign was masterfully done. Simple enough to allow many people to engage with it, but with a bit of 'mystery' to its mechanics (what do those clans do?) to make it engaging. It was also filled with enough shoutouts to the fans--what a wonderful night--but I repeat myself!--to tickle us delightfully. Just on Twitter I've seen the #igavania hashtag light up like a magnesium flare! Those guys definitely knew what they were doing, and it's paid off.

Still, I'm not entirely sold on this project yet. It certainly looks very cool, but no gameplay footage makes Gunlord a suspicious kitty, prunyuu~>:O Also, Kickstarter and Inti Creates don't have the best of reputation...Stardrive was fully funded on Kickstarter, but ended up only half complete, really, and Inti Creates has run into a lot of trouble with Mighty No. 9. So I don't think we're entirely out of the woods yet.

Even so, despite all this, I suppose I feel obligated to throw some money at IGA. As a mod here at the CVD, I ought to join in with my community and show my support for its dreams, even if those dreams seem a long way from fruition. So I guess I'll try to see how much cashmoney is in my Paypal account, and give IGA a lil thing or two. <3

Now, for the most important part of my little spiel, and the one I hope all CV fans everywhere listen to:

Miriam is pretty cute. I give her 7.5 gunfaps out of 10 :3 That rating may rise as she grows on me...right now Shanoa is about 8 out of 10. But we'll have to see how it goes with Miriam. And I do hope they have extra costumes and stuff for her! A French Maid outfit would be just...just...delightful. :3

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: May 11, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »
Let's face it, this is the only CV we're getting from this point on. I say keep it where it is for now.

Oh and PLEDGED. Tax returns, your destiny is not with me!!

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: May 11, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »
+3
Bloodstained is not Castlevania.
However, as its spiritual successor and hitting all the right CV notes, I can give it its own thread in HG101.

We have to treat it similarly to how we did Bloodrayne Betrayal and other non-CV titles that capture the same feeling.

but IGA is creating this! the very person that kept Castlevania pumping since SOTN.

putting the Bloodstained board within HG101 is like stuffing it in a closet.    :o

putting it on the same boat as bloodraybe betrayal just because it is not titled Castlevania, feels somewhat insulting towards IGA and Bloodstained.    :P

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #733 on: May 11, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
$700,000 reached! Looks like we're getting a 2nd playable character!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #734 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
+2
putting it on the same boat as bloodraybe betrayal just because it is not titled Castlevania, feels somewhat insulting towards IGA and Bloodstained.    :P

Agreed.

Tags:

anything