Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 980839 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
+1
Let's face it, this is the only CV we're getting from this point on. I say keep it where it is for now.

Agreed.

And Gunlord is right about how the large bulk of discussion is going to come from this game now given Konami's complete disinterest in the CV series at the moment, so I think it deserves to either stay here or have a entire section/sub forum dedicated to it.

but IGA is creating this! the very person that kept Castlevania pumping since SOTN.

putting the Bloodstained board within HG101 is like stuffing it in a closet.    :o

putting it on the same boat as bloodraybe betrayal just because it is not titled Castlevania, feels somewhat insulting towards IGA and Bloodstained.    :P

Its weird but I felt the same way lol.

No disrespect intended towards Jorge but to even lump this game which is much more CV than Bloodrayne Betrayel seems kinda "off" in my opinion.

While Bloodrayne Betrayel only has a "CV Flare" to it this game feels more like a "spiritual successor" to the CV series itself given what state the series is in now, also IGA himself is at the head of this game, someone who was in charge of the CV series for a while unlike Bloodrayne Betrayel.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:57:50 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
I haven't even been up 2 hours from my nap and we've already got a 2nd character? At this rate Hayter-sama is in the bag.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
I don't necessarily find it insulting to put it on the same level as BloodRayne Betrayal, but rather that it isn't the same. BRB sounds like Castlevania, and looks like it, but doesn't even come close to playing like it.

EDIT: Replies come so fast to this thread that I didn't even catch DarkPrinceAlucard already kinda covered what I said.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:58:45 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »
Wow, Yamane and Yamada's attitudes about the music is great.  The fact that Yamane apparently said it was her condition for egtting on board behind this is very epic. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2015, 04:09:37 PM »
i dont think this forum should change its name to "bloodstained dungeon." thats a bad idea. people still love castlevania games & castlevania games is what brought us all together, so the forum should always be known as "the castlevania dungeon" despite the series being on permanent hold/near death

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
i dont think this forum should change its name to "bloodstained dungeon." thats a bad idea. people still love castlevania games & castlevania games is what brought us all together, so the forum should always be known as "the castlevania dungeon" despite the series being on permanent hold/near death

I originally said that as a joke.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »
Yeah, I don't think we need to go that far.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
A Staked topic at this "General Castlevania Section" would be good enough for Bloodstained, for me. Since we all know it is a Castlevania title except for the name.

Yamane's and Yamada's music can be remixed!
Alrighty people, I think if a lot of you wanted to do it, a thread would be good for showcasing all the works of the dungeon.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Yea nothing that far as changing the forum name, We all still love CV after all.

But bloodstain does deserve to have a major place on this forum given what it represents.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »
We are the Castlevania Dungeon, and we should stay as such.  I reckon sub-forum for Bloodstained.

I'd love it now if Konami were to sheepishly hand over full rights to Castlevania, admitting defeat, to our dark lord Draculiga.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2015, 04:23:55 PM »
+1
We really should not make a big deal out of this topic lol, Claimh Solais only meant it as a joke, as hyped as we are I think all would agree that the CV Dungeon name should stay the same.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
That would be an ideal situation, Seraph :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #747 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »
We should rename the site Gunlord's Blog.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #748 on: May 11, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
We should rename the site Gunlord's Blog.

That cat would be ecstatic.  ;)

I'd love it now if Konami were to sheepishly hand over full rights to Castlevania, admitting defeat, to our dark lord Draculiga.

If only that were to happen.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #749 on: May 11, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

i think it would be phat if instead of them handing/selling the franchise, konami would decide to create 1 last cv game & we the fans would be forced to decide which "does it better"

Tags:

anything