Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WTF is Kurt?!  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
I know weve talked about it before but man... I think its time he gives the site up to someone else or group of someone elses. His complete lack of any interest in the site has gone on long enough

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
In Reply To #1

Agreed.

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
I don't think he cares about castlevania anymore   :-\

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »
I can't hold anything against him for it. I don't know if its my age or the series', but I've found myself caring less and less about Castlevania.

I stay here mostly for the community, which I find to be more open minded than others.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
I dont care about the series or the community I care about the site... As long as castlevania goes on so should it and right now it hasnt been updated since last year...

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: WTF is Kurt?!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »
Because the extravagant amount of news in the Castlevania world warrants an update?

Yes, I spend my time running a completely different site nowadays. I haven't given control to anyone else because, quite frankly, any time that's happened in the past, it hasn't gone well. Until I'm confident in someone that can, it won't happen.

(There actually has been some work in the background - mostly just new reviews - but I'm probably not gonna post them for awhile.)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
In Reply To #6

Mr. Kurt! ;_;

Please forgive my intrusiveness, but is there anyone around here you have an amount of confidence in? Jorge and Ed Oscuro seem like pretty levelheaded, competent guys, for instance ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:24 AM »
In Reply To #6

Mr. Kurt! ;_;

Please forgive my intrusiveness, but is there anyone around here you have an amount of confidence in? Jorge and Ed Oscuro seem like pretty levelheaded, competent guys, for instance ^^

I agree!!!! I believe, that Jorge is perfect for this position!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »
Because the extravagant amount of news in the Castlevania world warrants an update?
A game being developed under the Kojima Studios marque isn't big news?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:25:02 PM by Ed Oscuro »

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:56 PM »
Indeed, the forum hosting situation is up in the air at this point. The whole site is TECHNICALLY moved over to the new server (I'm still mucking with the domains, but try out http://www.castlevaniadungeon.net)

I do think someone else could do a better job of maintaining this place, though. Once this is all sorted out, hopefully I can see about drafting some staff members.

Offline Artanis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
Kurt, would you still contribute content to the site even if you give the "keys" to someone else?

Tags:

anything