Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Demon's Crest metal covers  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
+2
Just sharing some covers of this game, there was another thread about this but is old already so I guess it's better to start a new one instead of reviving it.

This is my favourite of all the covers of this game I listened so far

Demon's Crest music (metal cover)

This one is is pretty good too but I don't really like it that much

Demon's Crest - Metal Medley - The Plasmas

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
+1
the first one i heard a couple months ago or so. absolutely blazing! it reminds me of if dissection or emperor wrote the soundtrack. that second one has some decent moments but ultimately falls a bit flat for me. that being said, there is not enough love for this game!
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
God *damn.* That first one is absolutely amazing. Nice find, Arma. The second one is pretty cool too. :O

BTW, pardon me for asking, but...are you actually female? :O I didn't know of any girls who played Demon's Crest! :O!!

:D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
+2
The guy that composed that first cover it's pretty good and it seems he's a fan of Gargoyle's Quest too, hi others covers are pretty neat.

As for your question Gunlord, yes, I'm a girl. I played the entire Gargoyle's Quest series and I think it's a pity Capcom didn't continue with it, it's a good series with a lot of potential. Perhaps many could disagree with me but, for a series that has only three games, I think it was over before having a chance to be refined. It was on the right track to produce a even better sequel.

This series definitely needs more love, I don't even recall a single fan game being made.
There is a guy making a fan film but the project is not very active, I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
A woman with good taste! Well, that's a nice thing to see these days. ^^ I agree, they really shoulda done more with the Gargoyle's Quest franchise. Demon's Crest was a fantastic game. It could very much do with a reboot...maybe from the guys who did Bloodrayne Betrayal ;o

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
+1
it reminds me of if dissection or emperor wrote the soundtrack.

I agree, it definitely has a Dissection vibe going for it. Awesome stuff.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
+1
BTW, pardon me for asking, but...are you actually female? :O I didn't know of any girls who played Demon's Crest! :O!!

:D

I must have not made my affection for the game known to you previously. A shame.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »
:O!! That's jawesome, sindra! You're even cooler now, and I thought u was cool in the first place. 8)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »
The first one is damn good. A definite melodic black metal vibe to it.

Never played Demon's Crest until I started getting into emulation, as I never owned a console until the N64 (apart from the original Gameboy, the one that was built like a grey brick - had to rely on mates to have the other consoles - one had the Megadrive and one had a SNES). I loved the Ghosts And Goblins series since the first - and Gargoyle's Quest was the first game I got for the GB.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Tags:

anything