Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 169856 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »
That's what I tried to do: I tried to grind inside Rover Mansion... but then I noticed that the in-game timer was still running so I had to cut that out 'cuz it'll affect the ending.
Then again, maybe I am mistaken?  I need to take a good look.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:57 AM »
That's what I tried to do: I tried to grind inside Rover Mansion... but then I noticed that the in-game timer was still running so I had to cut that out 'cuz it'll affect the ending.
Then again, maybe I am mistaken?  I need to take a good look.
I just tested it. Timer isn't running in the mansions. If it was in your game, there must have been a glitch.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
Can you make a vid?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
Just finished the game and got the second ending.  I knew I was missing a couple of things and upon reading a walkthrough I found out that it was the silk bag and the silver dagger. Still, I'm surprised my memory was intact as it was.  That was an awesome remake - thanks a bunch!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Orlox

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Hi Metroidquest,
Last night I reach Dracula's mansion and I jump in the last room just before the animation of assembling the parts started. I was in the air when the game freeze for the animation and my toon started going down in the ground and died, as it was my last life I went to bed and I'll give it a try tonight.
Just wanted to tell you about this bug.
If anyone read this, dont jump in drac final room before the animation.

(I guess you understand what i'm trying to explain, even if my english is a bit limited)
Once again, you did an awsome job MQ.
Thank you

...And the wolves they are howling that sweet but haunted song

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
Hi Metroidquest,
Last night I reach Dracula's mansion and I jump in the last room just before the animation of assembling the parts started. I was in the air when the game freeze for the animation and my toon started going down in the ground and died, as it was my last life I went to bed and I'll give it a try tonight.
Just wanted to tell you about this bug.
If anyone read this, dont jump in drac final room before the animation.
Haven't heard of that happening. You JUMPED and not WALKED? maybe that glitches it.. I'll have to see. I know that if you just walk in it works fine.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2011, 09:57:55 AM »
CONFIRMED! Olrox is correct. If you JUMP in the last room before the sacrifice of the body parts, Simon WILL sink into the floor and crash the game. I will get this fixed and post an update. Thank you!

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2011, 07:19:01 AM »
CONFIRMED! Olrox is correct. If you JUMP in the last room before the sacrifice of the body parts, Simon WILL sink into the floor and crash the game. I will get this fixed and post an update. Thank you!
Get the fixed version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qjbo2hlr5zwoj9c

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »
On my last playthrough, I could not carry more than 4 laurels even though I had the silk bag.  I attempted to buy them from 2 different merchants, and neither of them would sell.  Glitch?

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »
On my last playthrough, I could not carry more than 4 laurels even though I had the silk bag.  I attempted to buy them from 2 different merchants, and neither of them would sell.  Glitch?
Thank you for this. For some reason the code for adding the extra 4 capacity was never implemented. You are the first one to ever bring this to my attention. This will be fixed!

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Thank you for this. For some reason the code for adding the extra 4 capacity was never implemented. You are the first one to ever bring this to my attention. This will be fixed!

Doh!  I can't believe nobody noticed.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »

The link above has been updated with a file that fixes this problem. Keep in mind that if you have saved AFTER you got the silk bag, the change will not be in affect.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »
The download link is broken. Does anyone have the latest copy saved?
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline pattamus

• Apprentice Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Save state master ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
I will admit I am not and probably never will be a good gamer, and I am teaching my son to play the classics. I think this new revamp on one of the classics I played myself as a kid would be great for him.

I found the game hard because I use a controller, and the only button to get me off a "game over" screen was the top right bumper controller on my 360 gamepad. When pushing that, it would start me over even after going to see the priest in the church, and not let me go down and load game.

I feel it's a hard game, and not me or my son would be able to finish it. I love throwback games with updated graphics and gameplay, and want to get my son into them as well!

If there is anything the developer could do to help us solve this problem, be it a code to get extra lives or hearts, or simply letting us start where we were regardless of lives if we so choose, we would be greatly appreciative. For those wanting a challenge, simply don't pick the mode that gives you the option. I'm certain this could be done.

When I first saw this game, I was in awe because I thought simon's quest from my youth would never recieve such a fantastic overhaul. I sent a similar letter to the creator, I hope he got it. To him, and anyone else involved, I salute you. Just wish my son and I could sit down and finish the game together so he can enjoy a classic game such as I did when I was a youngster.

-Pat
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:40:46 PM by pattamus »

Offline pattamus

• Apprentice Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Save state master ;)
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2012, 10:47:30 PM »
Hate to post again so soon after my last, but this time I wanted to get the input of the community. Is there anything I can do that I may not be doing to make the game easier for my son? Like I said in the last post, even if we save in a church, when the game ends, the only button we can hit is the top right bumper button. Then it immediately goes to new game before anything else can happen.

Plus, are there any known cheats or ways to gain hearts and lives? I just got here today after downloading and playing the game last night. I have tried to read in as much as possible, but if anyone in the community has anything constructive to add, that would be great.

To reiterate, I am not a great gamer, never have been. I'm not horrible, but lets just say I won't be winning any awards lately. My son is just starting to get ok, but it will be a few years before he is any real good. ( hope he doesn't run across this :p ).

Thanks again for answering newbies questions.

-Pat

EDIT: OK, I have tried Xpadder, and that has stopped the problem of auto choosing "start over". So now I can continue where I left off. There is still an issue though, because it is still a hard game, and I found myself starting over anyway if I died, because I only have those precious 3 lives for the entire game (unless there is a way to gain lives, I've googled that for the regular NES game as well, and could not find a way).

As I'm sure everyone knows, this version of the game is considered to be harder, which I'm sure most of your appreciate. That is great, but if there were a simple workaround where us non-seasoned players could find a way to gain extra lives without worrying so much and taking the fun out of the game in fear of dying and ruining the whole game. Several times, we have fell into water when we swore that we pressed the jump button hard enough to make it across, that equals a do over, because we are not sure we will ever get anymore lives and would love to finish the game. So part of the problem stands. If anyone is reading this, feedback would be appreciated. Thank you much.

-Pat
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:11:08 PM by pattamus »

Tags:

anything