Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 171365 times)

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake in final beta testing!!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »
Yeah man, don't change the game for what the TARGET AUDIENCE wants. Cause they don't matter at all. Completely disregarding the fact that it makes absolutely no sense what so ever and looks terrible.

uzo...could u please relax...?
its a fan game..
its for fun...and its his...first of all it makes it for himself...he doesnt make any money...its for fun...well...dunno how u r thinking...
anyways...w8 till it is finished...and then if u dont like then just dont play it ...u dont have to be mean you know...

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
Yeah man, don't change the game for what the TARGET AUDIENCE wants. Cause they don't matter at all. Completely disregarding the fact that it makes absolutely no sense what so ever and looks terrible.

As I said before. Don't play it then. Pretend it doesn't exist. My target audience is not elitists.

Personally, I don't like simon belmont with pink long hair and no pants. I also didn't like the design of CV4 at all. So that Simon was out of the question.

So, many apologies to those who are disappointed.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
My question is this: Will we be able to play this on an SNES/NES emulator or will it be something entirely different. I'm only asking cuz I'm on a Mac and people don't usually bother making fan games compatible with Macs unless they're hacks or the programmer is working on a Mac.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
My question is this: Will we be able to play this on an SNES/NES emulator or will it be something entirely different. I'm only asking cuz I'm on a Mac and people don't usually bother making fan games compatible with Macs unless they're hacks or the programmer is working on a Mac.

funny you asked.
This is a PC game, not a ROM. I actually started development on a mac. Had to finish it on Windows because my beta testers were PC users. There are some execution differences between the two. But I will plan on migrating the finished PC version back to mac format.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »
Hey man, I was wondering if you'd be looking for some music for your game. Would you like a remastered and revamped Simon's Quest soundtrack?

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »
Hey man, I was wondering if you'd be looking for some music for your game. Would you like a remastered and revamped Simon's Quest soundtrack?

Thanks for asking, but the game is pretty much finished. I arranged the music myself. If you have any samples of your stuff I'd be happy to listen anyway.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
first of all it makes it for himself

He's making a game for all the wrong reasons then.

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »
He's making a game for all the wrong reasons then.

i cant see why...
I have a band f.e. we play for us...
and if any1 likes our music he/she is welcome to listen to us...
i think it works like that for the game or whatever some1 makes...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:15 AM »
Thanks for asking, but the game is pretty much finished. I arranged the music myself. If you have any samples of your stuff I'd be happy to listen anyway.
Check your PM's :)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
As I said before. Don't play it then. Pretend it doesn't exist. My target audience is not elitists.

Personally, I don't like simon belmont with pink long hair and no pants. I also didn't like the design of CV4 at all. So that Simon was out of the question.

So, many apologies to those who are disappointed.

Lol that's sound exactly what I have said to people on several occasions myself. It's funny how some people absolutely like to insist that their opinion holds more weight than the person who is actually DOING ALL THE WORK ON PROJECT'S does. It always makes me laugh. Anyway, as another member who is also making a game, let me say that from what I have seen this remake looks truly amazing, and I cannot wait to play it. 

P.S. Oh and don't let Uzo get to you... he is basically the resident troll here, and acts that way with everyone (although he definitely has his talents too).  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
although he definitely has his talents too

*BROFIST* It's a good show of respect that after all we've fought you say that about me. You too bro, you to. Never seen such a sick hack.

I guess I should leave him alone now. He'll do whatever he thinks is good enough regardless. No sense making too much of a fuss, though CVII does hold a special place in my heart and I'm pretty up tight about seeing it handled properly.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »
CV ll Simon has none of those.

he has long blond hair,(or black, on the sprite) and black pants. Also looks nothing like CV4 Simon.

I also have to agree just recoloring Richter's sprite is a pretty cheap move. maybe if you modified the Richter sprite a bit more to resemble CV 2 Simon, it wouldnt be as bad.

I also agree with Uzo on the sizes. It looks very bad having large sprites on an environment the size of the small NES sprites
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:39:17 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »
That recoloring of SCV4 Simon sheet I did almost works out to resemble that Simon pic above. I'm not sure if metroidquest got that sprite sheet or not...

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 06:33:22 AM »
Post it here. I'm kind of interested to see it myself.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Tags: