Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 170937 times)

Offline Neflyte

• Castlevania Tour Guide
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake in final beta testing!!
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
Very nice work! I'm looking forward to giving this one a go, it's been a while since I beat Simon's Quest so I'll dig out my NES and play it until this gets released!

Just a quick question/suggestion though, how difficult would it be to add extra costumes to Simon if you were to retro-add it? I think having a couple of different costumes would be a nice bit of fanservice, I'd love to use the Chronicles Simon, and somewhere out there is a Richter sprite edit that ha been edited to resemble Simon from Chronicles as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
Loved the vid there metroidquest! Did I see some of the sprites I E-mailed you in there or did you make your own? I'm curious now  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »
Loved the vid there metroidquest! Did I see some of the sprites I E-mailed you in there or did you make your own? I'm curious now  :)

-X

No, sorry dude. I had these sprites from the beginning.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake ready for release on Friday 5-20!!
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »
Damn. This Trailer is awsome. Nice graphics, nice sounds. hell, i wanna play this. =P

Just asking...im gonna do a new just play movie. But in german...I woulda be great, if i can use that for my next let´s play video if u wouldnt mind?
I can tell something about you and the guys around that game and things like that. =)
greetz OdenAndEvil
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
After seeing X's sprite edits I have to say I fully endorse them being used. He's got everything too, relics, sub weapons, whips, the works. It's not 100% perfect but would fit right in with this game's style anyway. Would look a hell of a lot better than red Richter honestly.

Just my two cents.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
Will this be playable on macs? It looks great and I want to play it but I have a Mac
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:24 PM »
After seeing X's sprite edits I have to say I fully endorse them being used. He's got everything too, relics, sub weapons, whips, the works. It's not 100% perfect but would fit right in with this game's style anyway. Would look a hell of a lot better than red Richter honestly.

Just my two cents.

My pleasure uzo  8). I would've liked to finish up some of the minor details on that sheet but the wooden stake animations were just not working out like I had wanted and while the flame whip only has two animations, it could be juiced up with a semi-transparent graphic to help give the illusion of fire or heat like they did with the upgrade orbs in Adventure ReBirth.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 05:19:24 AM »

Just my two cents.

My pleasure uzo  8). I would've liked to finish up some of the minor details on that sheet but the wooden stake animations were just not working out like I had wanted and while the flame whip only has two animations, it could be juiced up with a semi-transparent graphic to help give the illusion of fire or heat like they did with the upgrade orbs in Adventure ReBirth.

-X

Can you email me the sprite sheet? No mediafire or anything like that. Maybe I'll make an alternate version. I havent looked at them but all I know is that I really dislike CV4 simon. I think he's wayyy too stiff. But since uzo seems to like your sprites, just email them to me.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 05:36:11 AM »
It is true CV4 Simon is more stiff than Richter, but you use some other sprites just as stiff anyway. That and given the classic style block layouts for the levels, it kinda fits right in. The only thing I may suggest is tweaking the palette for Simon, though I might take a crack at that myself. It is after all one of my specialties.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:38 AM »
It is true CV4 Simon is more stiff than Richter, but you use some other sprites just as stiff anyway. That and given the classic style block layouts for the levels, it kinda fits right in. The only thing I may suggest is tweaking the palette for Simon, though I might take a crack at that myself. It is after all one of my specialties.

Uzo, I would love to see what you can whip up (pun intended). Provide me with all the sprite frames necessary for replacing richter and I just may make an alternate version.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »
I said I was going to tweak the colors, not add/remove/change frames.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:48 AM »
maybe you can add pilot goggles too so he looks more like the Captain-N simon belmont. With a mirror as his weapon!  ;D

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »
3 MOREEEEEEE DAYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »

Actually metroidquest what uzo could do is tweak the colors just to fix it up then he could send it to you. That okay uzo? I'm not sure what needs tweaking.

-X

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
I am curious to see this sprite that you, X, and MetroidQuest are talking about Uzo. Is it some touch up of Castlevania IV simon or something?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Tags: