Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Segata Sanshiro revival at Project X Zone 2!  (Read 5220 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Segata Sanshiro revival at Project X Zone 2!
« on: September 08, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

The latest Weekly Famitsu has revealed Segata Sanshiro will be a a solo unit playable character in Bandai Namco‘s Project X Zone 2, a crossover strategy RPG with Capcom, and Sega developed by Monolith Soft. The game will be out for the Ninty 3DS on November 12th in Japan, and in early 2016 in for us western commoners (North America and Europe).

Source: SEGA Nerds

I'm expecting great things from this game since its called 『PROJECT X ZONE 2:BRAVE NEW WORLD』 in Japan. Brave New World was the name from the intro music in Namco X Capcom for PS2, so maybe they will give more importance to what happened in this game.

Also I've waited long years and even lost hope that Segata Sanshiro would appear as a playable character in some new game, seeing him in one that focus in story is even better.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Segata Sanshiro revival at Project X Zone 2!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
Still have to play the first one. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but X zone always caught my attention. And SEgata Sinshiro...  8)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »
Still have to play the first one. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but X zone always caught my attention. And SEgata Sinshiro...  8)

The game's really cheap now, and it's quite fun, so I'd say give it a go. Just uh, play it in small bursts. The game kinda gets overly repetitive if you play it for long periods of time. I usually only do a stage or two every now and again.

I'm never usually a fan of SRPGs, since usually they wind up being like Disgaea and being way too complicated for me (too many numbers to keep track of, tons of options, just feels overwhelming after a bit). Thankfully, PxZ is about as simple as you can get with an SRPG.

PxZ2 seems to be spicing it up more and getting rid of the cruddy elements (like DAMN REINFORCEMENTS) so I'm super hyped for it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
The game's really cheap now, and it's quite fun, so I'd say give it a go. Just uh, play it in small bursts. The game kinda gets overly repetitive if you play it for long periods of time. I usually only do a stage or two every now and again.

I'm never usually a fan of SRPGs, since usually they wind up being like Disgaea and being way too complicated for me (too many numbers to keep track of, tons of options, just feels overwhelming after a bit). Thankfully, PxZ is about as simple as you can get with an SRPG.

PxZ2 seems to be spicing it up more and getting rid of the cruddy elements (like DAMN REINFORCEMENTS) so I'm super hyped for it.

I'll keep that in mind when I pick it up. I agree with the Disgea styled SRPGs being a little complicated. I prefer a game where I don't have to think too hard but isn't completely mindless. PxZ sounds like it fits the bill  8)

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:20:38 PM »
A legend has been reborn after all these years!
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »
Oh boy
Can't wait to see what moves they give him (one of them's probably going to be the double explosion suplex)
Also, wonder if his appearance is going to follow up on his departure from Earth by missile.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
Now if only we could get Captain N and Johnny Turbo into games somewhere...