Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: This is why I don't play MMORPGs anymore  (Read 1757 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
Well, it's one of the reasons. If you don't know Japanese, sorry I won't take the time to translate the video for you. Still, it's pretty self-explanatory. This was a fan video for the game Trickster, specifically the Japanese version. This was the first version of the game I played back in college. I think I got region locked or something and played the US version. Made a few "friends" on there, a couple of which I joke around with on Facebook still, some I haven't seen in ages now, and some I don't think I'll ever see again. I can't quite place my finger on what it is that makes bonds formed in MMORPGs so much harder to deal with when they're broken as compared to other types of online games, but I've just grown to hate it to much when they are broken. The same holds true for me with forums, although I don't mind leaving the forums as much. I still get nostalgic for some of the forums I've posted in, though. Since I now use the same name everywhere, occasionally someone from a forum I used to go to or game I used to play will recognize my name and say hi. Those are special times, I think.

(The song is "Kawaranai Mono" [Unchanging Things] from the anime The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.)

【素敵な出会い】変わらないもの【トリックスター+】
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:34:07 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything