Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.  (Read 47993 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »
Well, the Konami Stage Show was before the Kojima Stage Show, and we all know the Kojima Stage Show is over, so yeah, Konami's Stage Show came and went like the wind. No new CV in sight, and no talk about a CV 25th Anniversary.

Though, one nugget of info I found out is that they DID announce a new Suikoden game. Good news is that it's going to be for the PSP. Bad news, it's likely to be in the vein of Tierkreis(why, Konami, can't you just fuckin FINISH the original series!?).

But yeah, unless some news site squeezes the info from some Konami PR guy, it's game over. Last wall of defense has fallen(E3, Gamescon, and now TGS), and hope is being annihilated by hopelessness. All falls in it's wake. Happy anniversary, Castlevania, even if Konami doesn't appreciate you, that doesn't mean we don't. And Konami, fuck you very much.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:02 AM »
Gensō Suikoden Happy 15th anniversary!!

Applause
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:15:56 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Well, I guess if they don't want to put anything out, then that's fine with me. I can continue to collect the old stuff, and I don't feel like giving them money, anyway. I can always buy used versions of any non-CV Konami releases that I really want.   ;)

But this thing with ignoring the anniversary baffles me, unless they're waiting until the exact date to make an announcement. Not holding my breath on that one, either.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2011, 01:49:02 AM »

Though, one nugget of info I found out is that they DID announce a new Suikoden game. Good news is that it's going to be for the PSP. Bad news, it's likely to be in the vein of Tierkreis(why, Konami, can't you just fuckin FINISH the original series!?).

It's is odd that a new suikoden is coming but if it is I think Tri-Ace might be behind it http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/08/suikoden-team-disbanded-tri-ace-hired-because-they-have-rpg-know-how/
I have not tried Tierkreis but I have seen some gameplay but not enough to make good judgement on it but it looks like a really good game a different take on the series yet if I were to make some kind of complaint it would be that the 3D models just look odd they have that chibi look I dislike it. But yes a next true numerical Suikoden would be the bees knees on a next gen system. Also did any of you guys and girls know this?

Suikoden IV - Pachislot
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2011, 04:15:32 AM »
Suikoden Tierkreis was great. Though the voice actors did get on my nerves, especially the hero. Other than that I liked it so I welcome a sequel. But I would also prefer Suikoden 6, of course.

Anyway, I'm happy about a new Suikoden! I thought the series was dead.
As for Castlevania I can't say I'm surprised. We'll get something someday, just not now.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:39 AM »
We'll get something someday, just not now.

Lords of Shadow 2.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2011, 07:13:51 AM »
I think we'll get something before LoS2. Probably a 3DS game, or a Vita game. I don't expect the sequel to LoS will be ready until xmas 2012, or possibly early 2013. But that's just me. I predict a 3DS Castlevania for summer/fall 2012. Or something.

Then again, I know absolutely nothing. It's just fun to predict stuff.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2011, 07:22:52 AM »
I'm seriously starting to consider that the release for Hodespair for PS3 is going to be related to the anniversary somehow...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »
I'm seriously starting to consider that the release for Hodespair for PS3 is going to be related to the anniversary somehow...

I think you might be right. I would've preferred no game at all, to be honest. "Let's celebrate 25 years of Castlevania by releasing a year-old game AGAIN!". Not even the HoDespair fans can argue that it's a good idea for the 25th Anniversary. It's beyond lazy.

I want that Complete Chronicle thing. It was probably fake, but still.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »
I think you might be right. I would've preferred no game at all, to be honest. "Let's celebrate 25 years of Castlevania by releasing a year-old game AGAIN!". Not even the HoDespair fans can argue that it's a good idea for the 25th Anniversary. It's beyond lazy.

Seriously. As much as I want to play HD, it'd be extremely disappointing to have that as an anniversary title.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
But yeah, unless some news site squeezes the info from some Konami PR guy, it's game over. Last wall of defense has fallen(E3, Gamescon, and now TGS), and hope is being annihilated by hopelessness. All falls in it's wake. Happy anniversary, Castlevania, even if Konami doesn't appreciate you, that doesn't mean we don't. And Konami, fuck you very much.
Talking about overeacting... ;D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »

The Office- Michael Scott No God No
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:39:47 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
"All is Lost, Harmony of Despair was the worst game ever and it nailed the coffin in the Castlevania Franchise! Lords of Shadow Jeopardized the Castlevania Timeline! I haven't heard of anything of a Anniversary, Konami Sucks and Hates Castlevania!!!"

There, I summarized it. Shut up Now.

Suikoden for the Fucking PSP, SUIKODEN!
If Konami Remembered Suikoden, I'm Fucking Certain they haven't Forgotten Castlevania.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2011, 01:39:36 AM »
TGS2011 END.

NO CASTLEVANIA NEWS!!
I'm on hiatus now.

Tags: