Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.  (Read 47926 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Time for good news. Brand new Castlevania 3DS rumor.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 11:55:05 AM »
People here are spoiled with a new CV every year so they honestly don't know what waiting is. I agree that 2011 is an important year for CV and it would be really strange if Konami doesn't give us anything. But hey, maybe Konami celebrates this 25th anniversary by NOT releasing a Castlevania game for a change, lulz. We've been bombarded with games for the last 11 years or so. It's time for a breather. People think Castlevania is dying when it's in fact more alive than ever, sort of.
Not releasing a new game is not the problem. Announcing nothing regarding the anniversary IS. Other companies announce their anniversary plans(or at least hints and nudges of something big) MONTHS prior to the actual date. Waiting until the last minute is like waiting to the last day to surprise your certain someone with their anniversary present. "Oh shit, I forgot! Damn, better make reservations at a restaurant.... SHIT they're all booked up. Well, I guess I'll take her to McDonalds instead!". Like I said, how Nintendo's approaching the Zelda anniversary, and how Square Enix are approaching the FF anniversary(25 years next year) are great. Little nudge, hint hint, "We've got some things lined up!", wink wink. FF's got it made. Theatrhythm is the first of a string of Anniversary related announcements(the recent FFX HD for PS3 and Vita is the second) which they will announce on a special event later this year.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Knowing Konami they probably release something for the anniversary and we won't find out it even exist for a few days.     

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »
I they don't finally announce something during TGS that isn't LoS then I need something to unleash my anger and disappointment on.
Well maybe Konami will make a better boxing bag than they are a game developer & publisher

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:14 PM »
Certainly, since it's pretty much the Metal Gear Show now.   

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
Hear, hear.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
Konami announced anniversary stuff for effin FROGGER, right? And Goemon, even if it seems to be something shitty. So, I don't believe that Konami had forgotten about Castlevania turning 25. It makes absolutely no sense at all. There MUST be something. Something that's been in the making for a while. But I agree it feels like they've forgotten all about it (which is... unheard of!) and now they're just gonna announce something so no one suspects anything.

Offline sad6666

• Yet another Belmont
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 04:52:29 PM »
Do you know what I've got for the CV Anniversary?? BloodRayne Betrayal. lol
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:05:23 PM by sad6666 »

Offline Pedrith

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
Maybe they will announce the release of the animated feature film based on Castlevania III.

Although I would love a teaser for Lord of Shadows 2, but will be satisfied with a completely orchestral album covering music from the last 25 years in the style of Symphonic Fantasies from Square Enix.  And I mean a real symphonic album, not like Dracula New Classic which is good for the time but I was unhappy with some of the synth overlays and sound effects (but it doesn't stop me from listening the heck out of it).

David

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:32 AM »
Maybe they will announce the release of the animated feature film based on Castlevania III.

Oh sure let's celebrate castlevanias anniversary with an animated adaption containing male nudity & beastiality references, that sounds like it would be money well spent. :-\

Seriously, the only animation I'd like for Konami to be working on right now would be for the HD sprites in a new 2D console game.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
No Castlevania at TGS yet.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011, 07:27:09 AM »
^LOL

According to Facebook IGA will be attending TGS so he is wandering around there as we speak. Only thing is, will he be promoting LEEDMEES or "Castlevania: Chorus of the Apostastes"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »
Somebody should tackle IGA and beat some Castlevania news out of him. Seriously, if they do an interview with him and he confirms he is working on a major CV release, all the wait would be worth it.   

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
Somebody should tackle IGA and beat some Castlevania news out of him
That hardly seems fair, he probably wouldn't even have his trusty whip on him if he's just promoting LEEDMEES ;D
It's is surprising though that nobody has tried to squeeze anything out of him, not even whether he thought Castlevania needed a reboot, how he would have done it in MS place & that kind of stuff 

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
I don't think he would be allowed to talk about something like that because all Konami employes must like anything the company puts out. Otherwise it would be bad for publicity and it isn't really professional.     

Tags:

anything