Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legacy of Darkness HI-RES Texture Pack!  (Read 32259 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Legacy of Darkness HI-RES Texture Pack!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
Sad...

Okay I can get this working fine in "1964", but the audio plugin in that doesn't let you sync; so Castlevania's music runs too fast in the game and it's all over the place in terms of speed in the cutscenes. Also the fog just looks screwy and if I turn it off, ... well let's just say the game never meant for you to see it that way (pop in all over the place).

Project 64 however has much more stable plugin support, the only problem is, I can't seem to load this RICE plugin with it, and that's required to use the textures. (The PJ64 team is in the works of implementing texture support in the program itself, but that version isn't out yet).

Whenever I try, I get the error: "Error to Start Video" reported on the Mudlord RICE 6.14 plugin. I've narrowed it down to the "RSP" plugin, and duplicated the error in "1964" by turning the RSP plugin on. But PJ 64 doesn't support turning the "RSP" off.

Please let me know if anyone else has this problem when running Mulord's RICE video 6.14 and PJ 64.

Has anyone successfully loaded this hi-res project in Project 64 1.6?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:13:14 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
I managed to load the plugin with p64, but it only loads about half of the textures and the video emulation is....quite horrific.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »
so did i, but for me it looks good. only thing that sucks is the sound since the music is lacking half of the channels. need better plugin.

i used the directx9 version of the plugin though. i don't need some outdated piece of crap like dx8 when i can have 9.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »
In Reply To #33

Okay somehow I fixed the RSP issue (by loading other video plugins and then switching back ... ???), but yeah I too noticed the audio driver is missing channels. And what sucks is it seems to be the important ones. The music feels empty and awkward as a reuslt.

One thing that screwed me instantly in "1964" was that there were extra messy polygons all over the place. For anyone experiencing this, go into options; make sure "hide advanced settings" is off. Then go into the Graphics Plugin and on the DirectX tab, check-off "Use Software Vertex Clipper". This'll make sure the poygons unload off screen correctly. Also if you have a newer video card (GeForce and up), try turning on "Force Software Transformation and & Lighting".

If the LOD rom fails to load up after the expansion pack menu, just select LORES, since I doubt it matters with a texture replacement set anyways. For some reason, I can choose HI-RES fine with "1964" but can only choose LO-RES with PJ64. I'm not sure PJ64 supports the Expansion Pak correctly.

If you're using "1964" turn the RSP plugin off completely.

Anyone know of a solid audio plugin with all channels audible, please report.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
I managed to load the plugin with p64, but it only loads about half of the textures and the video emulation is....quite horrific.

How much RAM do you have?

mgfcortez

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 02:45:24 AM »
to mgfcortez,

Dude, you won't believe it...what a coincidence! Your in luck! I have been using DirectX exclusively because OpenGL makes Mario64 flicker, so I figured DirectX was my only option. Well, yesterday when I was helping MasterPhW I had to use OpenGL to check something for him. Today, I loaded up my Castlevania LOD without thinking first to change it back to DirectX and guess what?! It was working perfectly with NO missing sound channels or pops in the sound! It was much faster when loading textures during play as well!

That means I have been wrong this whole time!

The best way to play Castlevania LOD is with Project64, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, and Mudlord/Rice 6.1.4 but with OpenGL!

I checked this with 1964 and it still had the pops in the sound so PJ64 is the best way to play LOD!

Wow, well I guess "you learn something everyday". I am pissed at myself. All this time.... .... ....WTF!

Sorry to everyone that I told they HAVE to use 1964 to play!

I will have to update my read me! Well, it needs a lot of updating actually.

if thats any help.lol
be cool

Offline megabelmont

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
I just beat it on my crappy laptop. Really enjoyable game and the new graphics really improve on it since it originally had low resolution. Easily the best out of the high-res add on projects. I wish Konami would go back to this type of gameplay in the next 3d Castlevania and get away from the beat-em-up Castleroids. LoI and CoD suck compared to this.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
In Reply To #37

Agreed!
I just downloaded it, along with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

It's good stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
In Reply To #38

Ive started twice now on doin an OoT texture pack and everytime I just dont... for whatever reason.

I still wanna play this LoD pack tho but Im waitin on him to release the next version he says will have more complete but he hasnt been back to his thread in like 2 weeks =/

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 08:57:48 PM »
+1
In Reply To #39

I dunno man, 98% pretty much means it's done. Probably won't change much before final release.

mgfcortez

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 05:50:10 AM »
In Reply To #38

Ive started twice now on doin an OoT texture pack and everytime I just dont... for whatever reason.

I still wanna play this LoD pack tho but Im waitin on him to release the next version he says will have more complete but he hasnt been back to his thread in like 2 weeks =/

you know what would be very bad ass if someone took the texture's from the new zelda:TP that was on gamecube and wii and put them in OOT.
i hope someone will do that one day oh well

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 05:53:56 AM »
The textures they're using are arguably better.
The current set for OoT by Federelli pretty much looks like Twilight Princess if not better.

If it weren't for the low polygon count, you'd swear it was XBox360.

Plus I run my emulator at 1770x1000 or some crazy resolution like that.  XD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

mgfcortez

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »
The textures they're using are arguably better.
The current set for OoT by Federelli pretty much looks like Twilight Princess if not better.

If it weren't for the low polygon count, you'd swear it was XBox360.

Plus I run my emulator at 1770x1000 or some crazy resolution like that.  XD

really where this textures pack, i've only download a crappy one nothing like this bad ass castlevania one.
so if OOT has a one that good i really want it!
please give me the url ;D

EDIT i found the topic.
but its only 20MB can this be the same pack hard to believe saying it looks like xbox360 :P
the castlevania on is like 400MB.lol
i only wish i could see some screen shots to make sure oh well
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:44:42 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:54 AM »
http://i26.tinypic.com/2i0ray1.jpg
Hey, it's the new O RLY!

Um, yeah.  Textures look pretty nice though, I'm surprised.

Jorge: You on a widescreen display? 1920x1200 is sweet.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 03:17:18 AM »
In Reply To #44

Nah my default monitor is not widescreen so the biggest I get out of that one is 1280x1024.

The 1776x1000 (or so, I don't recall) actually turns the monitor into a moving one (you have to move the mouse to see the entire area) but outputs perfectly to the Sony TV which works as a Clone monitor.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything